Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

autigeremt

5]
The law requires the Justice Department to create a notification system relating to assaults on police officers, officers who are missing in the line of duty, and credible treats against law enforcement.
The system is modeled after Amber Alerts for abducted children and Silver Alerts for missing seniors.

5]It's the 12th bill Obama has signed into law so far this year.

5]Obama called the bill "the best of a bipartisan support for law enforcement." It was so uncontroversial that it passed both the House and the Senate by voice vote.

:-\

I guess this is suppose to answer any critics he's had who point out how he's sided w/ the rioters and not the cops?

Another worthless gesture.

Meanwhile...

maternity_leave_cop.jpg

As anti-police sentiment rages in communities across the nation, officers have been forced to operate on high alert as their fellow cops continue to be targeted for assassination. Among the latest encounters to result in a police officer’s death occurred this week in Nebraska. Not only was the 29-year-old mother fatally shot, reportedly during a confrontation with a suspect; the incident occurred on her last day before entering maternity leave.

5]
The law requires the Justice Department to create a notification system relating to assaults on police officers, officers who are missing in the line of duty, and credible treats against law enforcement.
The system is modeled after Amber Alerts for abducted children and Silver Alerts for missing seniors.

5]It's the 12th bill Obama has signed into law so far this year.

5]Obama called the bill "the best of a bipartisan support for law enforcement." It was so uncontroversial that it passed both the House and the Senate by voice vote.

:-\

I guess this is suppose to answer any critics he's had who point out how he's sided w/ the rioters and not the cops?

Another worthless gesture.

Meanwhile...

maternity_leave_cop.jpg

As anti-police sentiment rages in communities across the nation, officers have been forced to operate on high alert as their fellow cops continue to be targeted for assassination. Among the latest encounters to result in a police officer’s death occurred this week in Nebraska. Not only was the 29-year-old mother fatally shot, reportedly during a confrontation with a suspect; the incident occurred on her last day before entering maternity leave.

I may be way off base but, there is nothing Obama could do that you would not bitch about, is there?

I may be way off base but, there is nothing Obama could do that you would not bitch about, is there?

The man fully believes in the motto... " you never want a serious crisis to go to waste "

In my book, that defines indecency and inhumanity.

Is there any evidence to the War on Cops narrative beyond simple timing? Do you and others so eager to push that narrative realize that cops were being shot before this unrest began?

The man fully believes in the motto... " you never want a serious crisis to go to waste "

In my book, that defines indecency and inhumanity.

Signing legislation designed to help protect LEO's defines "indecency and inhumanity"? :dunno:

Patient zero speaks.

Is there any evidence to the War on Cops narrative beyond simple timing? Do you and others so eager to push that narrative realize that cops were being shot before this unrest began?

Yes, they were but that rate is double now.

Simple timing ??

Well let's look at all the anti police rhetoric that has been spewed for the past year or so. It started with Eric Garner and then mushroomed with Michael Brown and has been at a fever pitch ever since. We get some platitudes and maybe a speech or two out of hundreds of speeches villifying the police. Meanwhile attacks against police have ramped up. Someone pointed out that what happened last year wasn't taken in the context of the previous year being the safest ever for police. Well last year started all this and it continues this year. So yes there is more anti police sentiment out there. The police have backed off in Baltimore and violent crime has gone up since the riots. They know one wrong move and the whole world will descend upon them. They aren't allowed to be human and make mistakes.

Simple timing ??

Double, as compared to the safest year since the 19th Century.

Well let's look at all the anti police rhetoric that has been spewed for the past year or so. It started with Eric Garner and then mushroomed with Michael Brown and has been at a fever pitch ever since. We get some platitudes and maybe a speech or two out of hundreds of speeches villifying the police. Meanwhile attacks against police have ramped up. Someone pointed out that what happened last year wasn't taken in the context of the previous year being the safest ever for police. Well last year started all this and it continues this year. So yes there is more anti police sentiment out there. The police have backed off in Baltimore and violent crime has gone up since the riots. They know one wrong move and the whole world will descend upon them. They aren't allowed to be human and make mistakes.

I don't think anyone expects police to not ever make mistakes. Owning them, however, would be a tremendous improvement- rather than circling the wagons, victim blaming, and erecting a blue wall of silence to protect the very people who have no business being in law enforcement and are making the job of the honest, decent actors that much more difficult. We do expect the police to not allow those mistakes to become systemic, as we should.

Simple timing ??

Gee, there is a new one, Raptor lying. Hard to believe. :-\

http://www.nleomf.or...www.google.com/

1930 was not a good year to be a cop.

Golf.....you remember, right? ;)

He still has his tommy gun

tommy-gun.jpg

Have you ever had the chance to fire one of those. I did....once. My first impression was like having an old Sherman running gear in my hand that spit gravel.

Have you ever had the chance to fire one of those. I did....once. My first impression was like having an old Sherman running gear in my hand that spit gravel.

I have not but I can imagine aiming is a novel concept. Spray and pray baby!

Simple timing ??

A real comfort to the families of those officers assassinated

The fact that the previous year was the safest since the 19th century is irrelevant. The fact that it doubled at the very least is reason for concern and I see nothing to say it's going to go back down. All the pressure is on the police now and any wrong move they make is going to be magnified a 100 times over. When rioters and attackers are excused and even, dare I say, encouraged and given space to destroy, it's no wonder police feel like they are under assault. Add to it the DOJ is going to "investigate" and come up with new guidelines that will tie their hands even more.

I found it to be easily controllable and surprisingly accurate, but it definitely handles like an old blowback gun.

Simple timing ??

A real comfort to the families of those officers assassinated

Very admirable to exploit their deaths in order to make a disingenuous political statement. They died so that you could say, "barry sux"? You could have at least honored them by not lying.

Barry could honor them more by not lying himself, and not staging phony law signing photo ops to promote the bogus charade that he gives a damn about cops.

Remember, this is the same dolt who claimed the Cambridge PD " acted stupidly " before he even knew what in the hell he was talking about, and then hosted a beer summit , to make himself look all nicey nice to the press.

Oh, there I go again, bringing up the past, just to show how bad Barry sucks ! I can't help myself !!

I found it to be easily controllable and surprisingly accurate, but it definitely handles like an old blowback gun.

I know practically nothing about guns, but I'd imagine its weight helped in controlling it. I also imagine the gangsters of 1930 were looking for psychological effect as much as precision.

I know practically nothing about guns, but I'd imagine its weight helped in controlling it. I also imagine the gangsters of 1930 were looking for psychological effect as much as precision.

And barrel length. At the end of the day, it is a weapon of carbine size (think M1 Carbine or M4A1) chambered in a pistol caliber (.45 ACP). Weight and a foregrip do indeed also help in controlling it. I agree that 1930's gangsters likely desired the psychological effects, but consider it in context with the BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle). The Tommy Gun was concealable and/or flexible, but still capable of laying down a dense volume of reasonably effective fire. The BAR, in 30.06, was quite a different beast.

Barry could honor them more by not lying himself, and not staging phony law signing photo ops to promote the bogus charade that he gives a damn about cops.

Remember, this is the same dolt who claimed the Cambridge PD " acted stupidly " before he even knew what in the hell he was talking about, and then hosted a beer summit , to make himself look all nicey nice to the press.

Oh, there I go again, bringing up the past, just to show how bad Barry sucks ! I can't help myself !!

What a totally :bs: train of thought that is. Obama signs pro cop legislation and all you can do is "meanwhile.......(reference some random horrific murder) ".

Not even Obama's most avid supporters suspect him to intervene with his super powers in such a situation. :-\

Your ODS issues are pathetically transparent. :no:

Archived