The ultimate regional discussion

Complete with meltdowns, sunshine pumping, extreme pessimism, extreme optimism, and hopefully at the end, a regional birth for the tigers. We might have too much already going on about this topic but I felt a thread was appropriate. The one question is are we in and why? Fire away

There's a get-together at Victory Grill here in town for the selection show...don't know the date and time tho

Monday 11am CT ESPNU

Keep in mind, there are 16 regions and the top teams are distributed to them.....so..... generally teams ranked #1 through #16 will be in separate regions. Some regions will have only one top 25 team in them.

IF AU is a #3 seed as projected by most sources I've seen, in our first game we will play a #2 seed which will probably be an unranked team....or at worst, a team ranked lower than #16.

Much of our future will be decided by the region we get....but practice has been in the past to try and keep teams near home....and not put teams from the same conference in the same regions. I've got a feeling (and from what I read) we will end up in Tallahassee.....which would not be bad since FSU is currently 13th ranked and within our capabilities.

Meanwhile, all the top ranked SEC teams will be spread around the various regionals and it's not likely that we would bump into the top teams again....unless we won our region.

Keep in mind, there are 16 regions and the top teams are distributed to them.....so..... generally teams ranked #1 through #16 will be in separate regions. Some regions will have only one top 25 team in them.

IF AU is a #3 seed as projected by most sources I've seen, in our first game we will play a #2 seed which will probably be an unranked team....or at worst, a team ranked lower than #16.

Much of our future will be decided by the region we get....but practice has been in the past to try and keep teams near home....and not put teams from the same conference in the same regions. I've got a feeling (and from what I read) we will end up in Tallahassee.....which would not be bad since FSU is currently 13th ranked and within our capabilities.

Meanwhile, all the top ranked SEC teams will be spread around the various regionals and it's not likely that we would bump into the top teams again....unless we won our region.

Winning the regional, then would give us a super against a team from the 4 seed bracket, so probably someone like Louisville? Maybe a Miami?

Well...if it's at FSU we might just have a shot. They got swept by Clemson a week before the ACC Tourney and have some soft spots. If we get some good starting pitching we might make some noise.

Archived