Super Regional vs. ULL game 2

As Mikey noted at the bottom of comments on game #1, the first game set a number of dubious distinction records for LOB, walks and probably other things that nobody has taken the time to calculate.

I watched part of a couple other games...Bama-Oky and UGA and Michigan and it looked like they were playing a different sport.

As a friend noted later in the day..."do you believe we spent 4 hours watching that game"? JMO but the AU-ULL game set college softball back about 20 years.

But complaints aside, I will take a win anytime...no matter how it looked.

SO....how will the two teams respond to all of that today?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are about an hour away from first pitch. I don't buy into that notion that yesterdays game set the game back 20 years. Softball games go that way sometimes. 17 (of whatever the final total was) walks was an anomaly certainly not an everyday thing. Both of these teams have been scoring a bunch of runs all season. I don't care one bit how we get more runs than them as long as we do get more runs than them. Crazy things happen in these games some times. I'm ready for game 2 and let's finish this thing and sweep them.

The pitch count exceeding 200 for the other team's pitcher is definitely no good for the sport. I don't care how much softball is different from baseball. It became increasingly clear that the pitcher was worn down and her arm hanging a bit.

So I guess Harper pitching a complete game and giving up just one run against BAMA in the SEC tournament also set college softball back 20 years. What a ridiculous statement. I am with WAR TIGER, as long as Auburn scores more runs than the other team I don't care how the runs are scored.

So I guess Harper pitching a complete game and giving up just one run against BAMA in the SEC tournament also set college softball back 20 years. What a ridiculous statement. I am with WAR TIGER, as long as Auburn scores more runs than the other team I don't care how the runs are scored.

I'm talking about quality of play...as seen by people who don't follow the game.....dropped fly balls, pitchers who could not find the plate, a pitcher throwing until she could barely get the ball to the plate, much less over it, .....etc. THIS GAME was awful...I've watched most game this year and play has been excellent....the Bama game mentioned above was an example of good play by both sides....hitters having a bad day but fielding and pitching....the game fundamentals were quite good.

I'm happy with the win...just was saying...and still believe that anyone who stumbled onto that game because it was a big AU game is probably wondering what the excitement is all about.

Just opinions here but win or lose...that was the worst display by both teams that I've ever seen. I know that both teams are capable of much more....and hope to see it on display today.

OK... It's a WEAR ORANGE day at the park today. I've got my Orange game shirt on. let's do this..

never a fan of starting game threads so long before the actual game starts. Leaves too many posts to scroll through before the game actually starts.

Here's the lineup for Auburn today:

CFs2VPDWoAIQcG4.jpg

Also. I think its criminal that Auburn isn't the home team in all 3 games. They EARNED it by being a national top 8 seed to play at home. It should be no different than any other 3 game series earlier in the season.

Cooper lines on ehard to the gap in right center all the way to the wall. Cooper slides in at 2nd... Melero coming up.

Nice hit by Cooper. I hate to see batters sitting waiting. Carasone is to good of a hitter to wait. Get after it!

Grounder to the first base side, slow roller...pitcher can't pick it up Mleero is safe and the run scores. 1-0 Auburn. Carlee Wallace coming up

Dang, ULL's first two batters on 1st and 2nd, no outs. Come on Davis!

hit sharply to fagan at short....diving stop but no play. run scores for ull. still no outs.

hit sharply to cooper at 3rd...throw comes home to wallace then to rhodes...DOUBLE PLAY.. 2 outs. runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Archived