Women's College World Series set

The SEC ends up with 5 of the 8 teams in the WCWS. Auburn, Tennessee, lsu, florida and uat join Michigan, UCLA and Oregon in Oklahoma city. The WCWS begins thursday with 4 games.

WCWS game times (with national seeds)

1. Florida vs. 8. Tennessee: 11 a.m. CT

4. Auburn vs. 5. LSU: 1:30 p.m. CT

6. Alabama vs. 3. Michigan: 6 p.m. CT

2. Oregon vs. 7. UCLA: 8:30 p.m. CT

The florida/Tennessee winner and loser will play the winner and loser of the Auburn/lsu matchup

The uat/Michigan winner and loser will play the winner and loser of the Oregon/UCLA matchup.

Looks like SEC tournament part 2... Let's do this.

We will only play SEC teams until the champ series with potential to play one team not SEC when a loser switches brackets. Can you imagine the possibility of the ultimate iron bowl for all of the softball marbles and neither has ever won it?kinda feels like that is the road we are heading down with the way the series has gone for them this year.

Iron bowl is football only....NEVER applies to any other sport.

Not true

sure it is. It was assigned to the football rivalry. that's it. It was never assigned to any other sport, nor should it be. Just because idiot announcers use the term doesn't mean its accurate

Let's call it the Aluminum Bowl in honor of the metal that the softball bats are made of. problem solved.

We will only play SEC teams until the champ series with potential to play one team not SEC when a loser switches brackets. Can you imagine the possibility of the ultimate iron bowl for all of the softball marbles and neither has ever won it?kinda feels like that is the road we are heading down with the way the series has gone for them this year.

UAT has won the softball NC.

i thought it was said last year during the champ series with Oklahoma that while Bama had been there a good bit they never won it.

i thought it was said last year during the champ series with Oklahoma that while Bama had been there a good bit they never won it.

... i just found where they won that series in 2012 for the first time. Either way it could be epic.

Let's call it the Aluminum Bowl in honor of the metal that the softball bats are made of. problem solved.

Most of the softball bats used in the WCWS will be composite.

Well, with the way the bracket is set up with 4 of the 5 SEC teams (Florida-Tennessee-AU-LSU) on one side, doesn't that about guarantee an SEC team in the finals (or is there a flip from the bottom bracket to the top bracket at some point)? I kind of wish they were split up a bit more, but I guess it also good to play someone you know a bit about and have beat before.

So what are the predictions for the final matchup and overall winner?

I want AU to beat Oregon in the final but believe it will be Florida and Oregon with Florida as the winner,

Well, with the way the bracket is set up with 4 of the 5 SEC teams (Florida-Tennessee-AU-LSU) on one side, doesn't that about guarantee an SEC team in the finals (or is there a flip from the bottom bracket to the top bracket at some point)? I kind of wish they were split up a bit more, but I guess it also good to play someone you know a bit about and have beat before.

So what are the predictions for the final matchup and overall winner?

I want AU to beat Oregon in the final but believe it will be Florida and Oregon with Florida as the winner,

You are correct. There will be at least one SEC Team in the Championship Series with AU, LSU, UT and UF in one half of the bracket. UAT is the only SEC team in the other half of the bracket.

And Tiffany Howard is 3rd team

2 years under Myers, 3 AA's both years (6 AA's, 4 different players) AU only had 5 prior

Archived