Selection Monday

Friday at noon (Eastern time) vs CofC. Tallahassee regional

Friday at noon (Eastern time) vs CofC. Tallahassee regional

git er done then. Our potential can be reached if we play some good clean baseball.

Look like that sweep at home by Bama really played into whether we made it into a regional! LOL!

Way better than anybody who posted on this forum believed. This is freakin' awesome!!

SEC with 2 national seeds (the two that knocked us out of the SEC tourney), 4 host sites as expected, but only 7 teams into the regionals.

That 22 RPI and #2 toughest schedule in the country spoke very loudly.

Could not be prouder of these guys, they really learned how to fight this year.

Oh yeah, as 64 said, Oklahoma is MIA....

Look like that sweep at home by Bama really played into whether we made it into a regional! LOL!

Nobody has ever argued that Auburn didn't belong. Maybe after you laugh at your own dumb snide remarks you will realize that. I've been saying that Auburn has played poorly lately and I'll stick to it.

Can't we just be proud of the team and let the other stuff alone for one day. This is not directed at any one poster but to everyone. Come on a big War Eagle for the baseball team.

Nobody has ever argued that Auburn didn't belong. Maybe after you laugh at your own dumb snide remarks you will realize that. I've been saying that Auburn has played poorly lately and I'll stick to it.

Wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular my dude. But if the shoe fits!

Our recent competition SEC competition has included 4 games against the SEC tournament champion, 1 game against the SEC regular season champion, and a win against a team that beat both of those teams in series on the road and probably could've been in the NCAA tournament. The competition has been there. Hopefully, it has paid off and we see some wins in the postseason now.

So how tough of a regional did Auburn draw? I don't believe I've seen Mercer, CoC, or FSU play this year.

http://i.turner.ncaa...all_d1_2014.pdf

in case anyone wanted the entire bracket.

PDF attached as well

(no clue why both of these are labeled at 2014, but they both contain the 2015 brackets - i think the NCAA go lazy and just updated the bracket from last year and failed to rename)

baseball_d1_2014.pdf

JMO but not surprised...this is the regional that everyone (other than some folks on this board) were predicting for the past few weeks.

This is a winnable region for AU...good competition of course and FSU at home....but looking at RPI and SOS AU should be in the hunt....FSU has best RPI of course but AU has best SOS in the group and C of C has a good RPI but not much in the way of SOS.

Should be a wide open regional....and our biggest problem will be pitching...really need to win that first game.

Are we not supposed to worry when we get swept by inferior competition?

If we win the regional, we play the winner of the Florida regional. So chance for a AU-Florida rematch. Would be good for us to win that, the potential is there. But one step at a time, lets beat CoC Friday. War Eagle!

Just my opinion but there are no "inferior" teams in the SEC.

This season and about every season...every team is good enough to win a game or two...and sometimes three from any other team in the conference. We beat UF, LSU (which lost twice to the UK team that we beat in the SEC) and handful of teams that will be in the round of 64 including Arkansas, Vandy and Ole Miss. Meanwhile, Bama has at least one win over six of the 7 SEC teams going to the tournament.

IMO people ought to quit whining about the bama series...turns out it meant nothing for either team....we. are in the NCAA and they are not....so just sit back and enjoy the next week of baseball.

It's been quite a while since we made an NCAA regional....just hoping it all comes together in game #1 for us.

Just my opinion but there are no "inferior" teams in the SEC.

This season and about every season...every team is good enough to win a game or two...and sometimes three from any other team in the conference. We beat UF, LSU (which lost twice to the UK team that we beat in the SEC) and handful of teams that will be in the round of 64 including Arkansas, Vandy and Ole Miss. Meanwhile, Bama has at least one win over six of the 7 SEC teams going to the tournament.

IMO people ought to quit whining about the bama series...turns out it meant nothing for either team....we. are in the NCAA and they are not....so just sit back and enjoy the next week of baseball.

It's been quite a while since we made an NCAA regional....just hoping it all comes together in game #1 for us.

Lets hope so

Thoughts on the regional draw? Not surprised we're in Tallahassee, but C of C was definitely not out of regional host consideration. They may be a tough out.

Agree....don't have much SOS which I guess means that it's hard to tell how good they really are.. despite their RPI. Guess I don't understand how that works out. I looked over the schedule and they had a few wins over teams like USCe and Clemson but losses to both teams too. They had a good number of wins over NCAA bound teams ...but most of those teams are 3 and 4 seed teams.

My assessment....I have no idea how good they are. Looks to me despite their rankings, they are in a class with Radford or a bit better. The math is the math...but looking at their schedule it is hard to see how they earned their RPI.

I am proud of this team and am happy to see that we have made it to a regional. This team can win the regional if they can play some sound defense, good pitching, and score some runs. I have a good feeling about our chances.

Charleston will start CAA pitcher of the year Taylor Clarke. 13-1 record, 1.34 ERA, 136 strikeouts in 107 innings pitched with only 14 walks...low nineties fastball. They are impressive statistically, built up against a pretty weak conference schedule...big batting averages (hitting .309 as a team) with 68 home runs. They do have 73 errors as a team defensively. They only played 12 games against teams with an RPI less than 50 and their overall strength of schedule is 95th.

One ridiculous stat that jumps out...they have played in 27 games this year that were decided by 5 or more runs.

One other insignificant item of note relative to the home runs they've hit (2 or more in 21 games), their home field is 300' down the line in left with a "mini-monster" while Dick Howser Stadium at FSU is 340' to left.

Charleston will start CAA pitcher of the year Taylor Clarke. 13-1 record, 1.34 ERA, 136 strikeouts in 107 innings pitched with only 14 walks...low nineties fastball. They are impressive statistically, built up against a pretty weak conference schedule...big batting averages (hitting .309 as a team) with 68 home runs. They do have 73 errors as a team defensively. They only played 12 games against teams with an RPI less than 50 and their overall strength of schedule is 95th.

One ridiculous stat that jumps out...they have played in 27 games this year that were decided by 5 or more runs.

One other insignificant item of note relative to the home runs they've hit (2 or more in 21 games), their home field is 300' down the line in left with a "mini-monster" while Dick Howser Stadium at FSU is 340' to left.

Lots of good info, thanks. Hopefully we don't run into too much of a buzzsaw with their ace.

Thanks for the stats POD.

Note that AU pitchers have only given up 27 home runs this year against a schedule that includes some serious power teams like UF, Tex AM, Vandy and LSU. Might be kidding myself, but I'm not worried about Charleston's power numbers or their hitting in general. The bigger ballpark probably favors AU.

Considering our hitting this season, my concern is their starting pitcher .....and our ability to string hits together.

Archived