Questions About Abortion

Weegle777

So the pro-abortion liberal crowd believes that a fetus isn't really a human being, but they also contend that homosexuality isn't a learned behavior, but that people are born gay.

How can a non-human be born gay if it isn't really human?

Is the pro-abortion and pro-gay crowd really concerned with how many gay and lesbian people they are killing?

Food for thought...

Good luck.....it's a mind bender for sure.

They don't care how many women or blacks are being aborted, so what makes you think they'd care about the gays ?

I've been avoiding this topic (abortion) in the forum for a long time because I don't think any minds are going to be changed on either side and the discussion too easily becomes heated and emotional.

But I'll finally cave in, so here goes. This is my personal opinion or belief. I'm neither trying to change anyone else's beliefs nor interested in changing my own, so do with it as you wish except harangue:

-----------

First of all, I am not "pro-abortion". Like almost everyone, I would love for there to be no reason or desire for abortion.

But I do not know when a human life begins. Biology tells me "personhood" cannot begin at fertilization, since it is possible for a single egg/sperm union to produce two persons (identical twins) and for two fertilized eggs to produce only a single person (chimeric embryos). On the other hand, common sense and emotion/conscience tells me a fully developed, full term, independently viable baby should not be killed merely because part of its anatomy hasn't left the birth canal (as in extreme partial birth abortion).

The thing is, I don't think anyone else knows for sure when life/personhood begins either. There is certainly no overwhelming consensus among doctors, lawyers, scientists, or theologians. Rather, those who supposedly have the most understanding or training on the matter are more or less equally divided in their views. Under those conditions, I choose to let the mother--preferably with the advise of her friends, family, clergy, and most of all, doctor--follow her own conscience and make her own decision as to when life begins. I certainly don't want to assume that authority and I don't think the State should either.

Within my belief system, then, the question of abortion is unrelated to the question of homosexuality.

---------------

As it happens, we all start off female anyway, as evidenced by men's nipples: https://www.google.c....93990622,d.b2w (Meaning, presumably, if personhood begins at conception we are all female persons.)

I've been avoiding this topic (abortion) in the forum for a long time because I don't think any minds are going to be changed on either side and the discussion too easily becomes heated and emotional.

But I'll finally cave in, so here goes. This is my personal opinion or belief. I'm neither trying to change anyone else's beliefs nor interested in changing my own, so do with it as you wish except harangue:

-----------

First of all, I am not "pro-abortion". Like almost everyone, I would love for there to be no reason or desire for abortion.

But I do not know when a human life begins. Biology tells me "personhood" cannot begin at fertilization, since it is possible for a single egg/sperm union to produce two persons (identical twins) and for two fertilized eggs to produce only a single person (chimeric embryos). On the other hand, common sense and emotion/conscience tells me a fully developed, full term, independently viable baby should not be killed merely because part of its anatomy hasn't left the birth canal (as in extreme partial birth abortion).

The thing is, I don't think anyone else knows for sure when life/personhood begins either. There is certainly no overwhelming consensus among doctors, lawyers, scientists, or theologians. Rather, those who supposedly have the most understanding or training on the matter are more or less equally divided in their views. Under those conditions, I choose to let the mother--preferably with the advise of her friends, family, clergy, and most of all, doctor--follow her own conscience and make her own decision as to when life begins. I certainly don't want to assume that authority and I don't think the State should either.

Within my belief system, then, the question of abortion is unrelated to the question of homosexuality.

---------------

As it happens, we all start off female anyway, as evidenced by men's nipples: https://www.google.c....93990622,d.b2w (Meaning, presumably, if personhood begins at conception we are all female persons.)

Ergo: pro-life individuals are really supporting transgender lifestyles for all males in the population. ;)

Archived