US-China war 'inevitable' unless Washington drops demands over South China Sea

autigeremt

Well this is something that has been building for a long time. China is not our friend in any shape manner or form. They aim to knock us from the perch as the world superpower and they are in the process of getting there. They want to replace the dollar as the reserve currency and they've partnered with Russia for several energy projects that helps both countries. This is but just the latest in a long line of things. I honestly don't think this administration takes them seriously as a threat to us.

So, South China Sea, within US borders, or no?

With as much money as we are in debt to them, I'd say let's not pick any fights.

Money owed I think would be a deterrent to China. Don't want the USA to allovasudden say "Yeah, we ain't repaying you"... this would be considering if things got really real.

Our debt to China isn't as great as everbody thinks. They are working to supplant us as the premier world power. They are building a large very advanced military specifically a navy that is getting closer to our own. They've stolen so much stuff from us over the years.

This is setting a precedence of a county building an island in international waters and claiming it. Lots of countries are trying to claim the sea floor far off their coasts too.

During the Cold War the U.S. And Britain claimed numerous very small islands around the world that were the tops of undersea mountains. They did it to prevent the Russians from claiming these tiny islands.

@ the notion that war is inevitable w/ China.

:roflol: ...

EDIT : Upon further review, I kinda stand corrected on this one.

The " islands " are some 800 miles off the coast of mainland China. Built upon reefs that barely break the surface of the water. And also claimed by other nations already.

So yeah, this could get dicey.

So, South China Sea, within US borders, or no?

With as much money as we are in debt to them, I'd say let's not pick any fights.

They hold our debt, but we are their largest importer of goods. It's an odd deal, though.

We lack the political will to defeat even the "Jr. Varsity". China knows they can do as they please and all this administration will do is draw another meaningless red line.

We lack the political will to defeat even the "Jr. Varsity". China knows they can do as they please and all this administration will do is draw another meaningless red line.

Presumably, by "we", you mean the American people.

So, you are no longer in favor "pulling out"?

We should bomb Assad, in order to defeat ISIS, in order to send a message to the Chinese? That sounds a lot like 50 years of failed foreign policy in a nutshell.

I think you have solved the real problem. We have way too much political thinking and, not enough tactical, practical, and ethical thinking. The political implications are all that really matter. Ideological idiocy wins!

To avoid war....they would all convert to Islam.

I wonder if we were faced with a situation like we did in 1941 with Germany and Japan, could we stick it out and see it through to the end? Militarily we could do it but would we have the political will and the will as a people to keep going on despite the setbacks and losses. I hate to say it but I really have my doubts.

I wonder if we were faced with a situation like we did in 1941 with Germany and Japan, could we stick it out and see it through to the end? Militarily we could do it but would we have the political will and the will as a people to keep going on despite the setbacks and losses. I hate to say it but I really have my doubts.

we were fighting a war with sovereign governments and military. Not insurgents who hide behind civilians. Of course we were actually challenged and drug into that war in 1941. 13 years after invasion we still have no idea why we are in Iraq. That is where lack of "will" comes from.

we were fighting a war with sovereign governments and military. Not insurgents who hide behind civilians. Of course we were actually challenged and drug into that war in 1941. 13 years after invasion we still have no idea why we are in Iraq. That is where lack of "will" comes from.

We fought this war with one hand tied behind our backs to boot. All the rules of engagement and the determination to avoid even a single civilian casualty kept us from advancing and finishing the war. Look at the early losses we took in the early stages of WWII. It took us practically a full year to even stop the losses and just hold our ground. If we were faced with a direct attack against us by China for instance, could we fight that kind of a war? I don't think you'll ever see that type of war again but this nation has such a short attention span that I don't see it as truly possible. I honestly believe that short of a direct attack by a nation some people would never go anywhere or do anything and I really wonder if they would be willing to fight a war then.

I think the answer is somewhat obvious. We did not enter WWII until we were attacked. Americans will fight for America. When the motives for war a less definable, there will always be questions (as there should be).

We fought this war with one hand tied behind our backs to boot. All the rules of engagement and the determination to avoid even a single civilian casualty kept us from advancing and finishing the war. Look at the early losses we took in the early stages of WWII. It took us practically a full year to even stop the losses and just hold our ground. If we were faced with a direct attack against us by China for instance, could we fight that kind of a war? I don't think you'll ever see that type of war again but this nation has such a short attention span that I don't see it as truly possible. I honestly believe that short of a direct attack by a nation some people would never go anywhere or do anything and I really wonder if they would be willing to fight a war then.

ct we killed tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians. And we were supposed to be liberating them. You don't think we created more extremists? If we were willing to wipe out civilians indiscriminately then we could just nuke the place.

ct we killed tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians. And we were supposed to be liberating them. You don't think we created more extremists? If we were willing to wipe out civilians indiscriminately then we could just nuke the place.

LMAO, hope that's sarcasm and you aren't really that stupid.

Presumably, by "we", you mean the American people.

Why didn't you highlight the "this administration" part?

So, you are no longer in favor "pulling out"?

We should bomb Assad, in order to defeat ISIS, in order to send a message to the Chinese? That sounds a lot like 50 years of failed foreign policy in a nutshell.

I think you have solved the real problem. We have way too much political thinking and, not enough tactical, practical, and ethical thinking. The political implications are all that really matter. Ideological idiocy wins!

Sure I'm in favor of pulling out. The guy at the wheel doesn't know how to drive. He can't be trusted to accomplish anything positive for America. Indeed, I question if he even wants to accomplish anything positive for America. Until he's out of office, the less done the better.

LMAO, hope that's sarcasm and you aren't really that stupid.

which part?

The "We killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians." part.

EDIT: let me actually change my answer, to the entire post.

what is your count.

what is your count.

my count was "tens,maybe" hundreds

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/10/131015-iraq-war-deaths-survey-2013/

the only estimate i have seen less than 100k was W himself, go figure.

Did you ever consider the civilians killed by all those bombing runs in Europe, Africa, and Japan? Just stating the obvious.....

Archived