2016 4* JUCO CB JaMarcus King (South Carolina commit)

ellitor

• #1 JUCO CB in the nation
  • From 8 Mile, AL (originally from Blount High school in Mobile)
  • Chose AU over Florida
  • Big Cat Weekend attendee
  • Major offers: AU, Florida, Zona St, Baylor, NC St, Nebraska, Oklahoma, & Utah

Auburn recruited King out of high school but he was forced to go the junior college route. The Tigers recently got back into the picture, offered him a scholarship on May 28 and brought him in for Big Cat Weekend on May 31. After the visit, King put Auburn "on top."

"I liked it," King told AL.com after his May 31 visit. "I liked the way the coaches came onto me. They were talking to my coach and his wife, that made me feel wanted here.

"It was my home state, and that's what I like about it."

http://www.al.com/sp...ng_commits.html

JUCO Freshman highlights

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free read LINK

The top junior college cornerback in America is JaMarcus King of Coffeyville Community College. They can't look much better than he does at 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds.

He has the hip turn to go with it, as well as the physicality and speed. There's not a lot King can't do. His recovery speed and closing speed are phenomenal, but there's time in between that and his jam where he sometimes gets himself in the wrong place. That would be the only issue, and it's a small one.

Because of all that, it makes sense that nearly every top college football program wants him. His offer sheet is an extensive one, and it grew by two more today.

"I was offered by Florida and Nebraska," King said. "I know I was beginning to think I was close to making my decision but I'm going to hold off on that some now. I'm going to wait longer. I'm thinking it may come in the early Fall now."

The offer from the Gators is a meaningful one, as it is the school his childhood friend Branton Autry committed to today. They grew up in Alabama today, and are now teammates in Kansas at Coffeyville Community College.

They've been together a long time, and now the opportunity to stay together in Gainesville has presented itself.

"Branton is my best friend so of course him going to Florida will have a big impact," King pointed out. "We're trying to remain teammates if we can. I'm still going to do what's best for me, but it would be best case scenario to go somewhere together."

Despite that major connection, there's still a lot for King to learn about the Gators.

"I don't know much about them, yet, but I just like because it's Florida," he noted. "They really like me and want me to come in and play right away. They produce a lot of top cornerbacks there. I will visit at some point, probably with Branton."

Nebraska is another school that King wants to do more research on after today's offer.

"I have more to learn about them," he shared about the Huskers. "I know that it's an easy visit for me to make because it's not too far from where I play. Coach Read was the one to offer me. They've been wanting to offer me for quite a while according to him but weren't able to get in touch until today. They produce great defensive players. I do know that."

He doesn't have a favorite, but one program has had the biggest impact on the junior college standout.

"The offer from Auburn has been the most impactful so far," King admitted. "I wouldn't call them the leader but that one meant a lot being from Alabama. I love the coaches there. I love the way they have recruited me. They've pretty much told me everything I've wanted to hear."

"They're emphasizing the playing time that is available for me there," he added about the Tigers. "I'm willing to play anywhere but playing close to home is something that I'd prefer."

King will take an unofficial visit to Auburn on Saturday. He has no other visits set at this point, but will take some official visits during the summer.

How did his visit go and did we make any progress with him?

King would be a big get. You can never have too many 6'2-6'3 corners.

You can if their hips are stiff. That happens to a number of CBs that size.

How did his visit go and did we make any progress with him?

Good and we already led so you can't make much more progress than that. AU may not be ready to take him yet though. T-Rob & Boom believe in their ability to get elite high school CBs.

I hope we do both. Sign this dude and another elite HS CB and Broussard.

Just looking at his play-style, it seems like he's the kind of corner that Boom usually goes after. All of his highlights (or most at least) are of him in man-to-man coverage locking down his receiver when he is put on an island. The receivers at that level aren't as fast as the ones in the SEC, but he showed that he can stay with those that he played against. He also seems to like to play very physical, he jams receivers right at the line. He will have to be careful with that though, on some of those plays it looked like he got dangerously close to the 5 yard limit.

Overall, I really like the way that King plays. I think that he would be a great addition to the DBs, but I can definitely understand why they would rather have an elite HS player than an elite JUCO player.

• 2 weeks later...

Still worried about our secondary? ;)

Yes. The concern is more this season than the future. we still have to add 4 more in this class though as well.

BOOM!!! a third on the way?

Not today.

Buzz ... er ... boomkill.

:poke:

Nevermind. Apparently I got way out of the loop in a couple hours.

I'm sorry but of course I didn't mean everybody. Just many that replied to me when I was disappointed with westry leaving because I know we would be thin like we are at corner

I am curious as to why he is listed as a 3 star player when 2 of 3 recruiting services has him as a 4 star player.

Archived