CGLxyQiUoAAYoBQ.jpg

via @DannyAller

CGLxzCQUIAAFCrW.jpg

via @DannyAller

CGLxz2HUQAAvqTA.jpg

via @DannyAller

CGLx0lRUYAEf4W4.jpg

via @DannyAller

Well....most everyone's attention has been focused on Oklahoma City the past couple days....but now it's time for us look south and see how the baseball team approaches its first NCAA regional in five years.

What this means is that no member the team (aside from coaches) has played in a game after the SEC tournament ended.....and of course, most of the team was seeing Hoover for the first time too...so though it is not the World Series, it's something big....and I hope they are ready for it.

Haven't seen the pitching assignment but there are some comments that McCord might get the start instead of Lipscomb.

Any thoughts on that?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting Cole was a given. I don't know of too many teams that have lost game 1 and then win a regional. It is just way too taxing on the pitching staff.

Looking at CoC, they can bomb. However, their field is only 300 down left field line. At FSU it is 340. We will see how that comes in to play.

Golloway saying Thompson is still potentially in the mix. I've heard the issue is calcium deposits in the elbow, which will most likely require surgery at some point. In the mean time he can do whatever he can withstand in terms of pain without doing any permanent damage.

Got my tickets (1 adult, 3 youths), got my lucky shirt, cleared my work calendar...I'm on the launch pad. :party:

War Damn Eagle! :wedance:

Tigers in the orange jerseys with blue lettering with white pants.

1-2-3 for College of Charleston in bottom of first. No score after one in Tallahassee.

Pitcher's mistake there.....and out it went....can't make a "bad" pitch up in the zone like that.

nice aggressive start by Nulph....

Burgreen having trouble getting the bunt down...but does the job with 2 strikes and advanced Nulph to 3rd with one out.

Nice at bat for Gray...used up a lot of pitches before bringing Nulph home...and ump missed the call at first...the 1B stepped off the base the make the catch on a wide throw but ump called Gray out....and now they are discussing the call.

\

And no replay....so umps uphold the missed called "out".

AG swings at strike 3 at his eyes....and game is tied 1-1 going to bottom of 3rd. Other than the HR....Cole L has looked good today....

Meanwhile, the AU batters have made the C of C pitcher work...he's over 50 pitches in just 3 innings.

AG swings at strike 3 at his eyes....and game is tied 1-1 going to bottom of 3rd. Other than the HR....Cole L has looked good today....

Meanwhile, the AU batters have made the C of C pitcher work...he's over 50 pitches in just 3 innings.

Good to hear/know. Not able to listen right now...thanks for the updates.

Auburn ties the game on an RBI groundout by Melvin Gray in the top of the third. 1-1 with College of Charleston going to B3.

CofC starter Taylor Clarke has thrown 53 pitches

CL sets 'em down 1-2-3 again....looking great....one mistake...otherwise, C of C batters are having real trouble with him.

Let's put the bat on the ball here, Tigers. Got em where you want em.

Don't see a radar gun today but the C of C pitcher is popping the mitt pretty well.....

AU guys fouling some off but he is his hitting the corners.

With 2 outs, Murphy lines one off the fist baseman's glove ..gave him a hit.

Murphy the steals 2nd on the first pitch

Logan flies to right leaving Murphy on 2nd.....headed to bottom of the 4th tied 1-1....Clark now over 70 pitches.....which IMO is a good thing for AU.

Son of a gun...another pitch right in the power zone....was looking so good and then let a pitch get away...no doubt about that....and another just like it to the other side. AU now trails by 3-1

That's not good. Settle down, Cole.

Archived