I will always carry a soft spot in my heart for Hastert...

DKW 86

http://townhall.com/...eports-n2005257

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted For Lying To The FBI, Evading Currency Transaction Reports

...for teaching me to no longer identify as anything remotely close to a member of the Republican Party.

Between Hastert, Bush43, & Karl Rove, it was really a no brainer. But Hastert as leader of the Republicans in the HOR brought irresponsible spending and pork barrel spending to a new high while simultaneously repealing every sane restriction ever put forth on the banking community and a rapacious Wall Street.

Well said. People will get a clue one day that Politicians are in it for themselves. That's it.

Pantsuit.......

Well said. People will get a clue one day that Politicians are in it for themselves. That's it.

Some of us do get it. Right on, brother.

I think we have two candidates for President who may defy that belief. IMHO, neither of them have any chance of winning. In our form of government, which is more important, integrity or ideology? Which is more destructive, ideology or lack of integrity?

We are systematically herded towards ideology and away from integrity.

I think we have two candidates for President who may defy that belief. IMHO, neither of them have any chance of winning. In our form of government, which is more important, integrity or ideology? Which is more destructive, ideology or lack of integrity?

Integrity does not have any lobbyists.

That is a great post!

http://townhall.com/...eports-n2005257

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted For Lying To The FBI, Evading Currency Transaction Reports

...for teaching me to no longer identify as anything remotely close to a member of the Republican Party.

Between Hastert, Bush43, & Karl Rove, it was really a no brainer. But Hastert as leader of the Republicans in the HOR brought irresponsible spending and pork barrel spending to a new high while simultaneously repealing every sane restriction ever put forth on the banking community and a rapacious Wall Street.

Not fan of the guy and have not read in detail about the charges and I get the lying charges, but by doing this was he trying to evade taxes? Had that money not been reported as income as of yet, or were these some type business accounts? Usually when people are evading the transaction report, they are trying not to report income. Is that the case here?

:starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

And then there was this as the reason for all the "hush" money moments..

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/243461-hastert-paid-to-hide-sexual-misconduct-report

And as I suspected, this was to cover up sexual abuse.

LINK

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Knew what it was as soon as i read about the hush money. There is only one thing worth that kind of cash...

probably too late to charge him for the sexual misconduct. ironically the guy who blackmailed him maybe in trouble for that and he probably has not paid taxes on the money he got from hastert.

hastert biggest problem is lying to the fbi under oath which is what they seem to get lots of people on even when they are not in any trouble. scooter libby and Martha stewart know.

i also thought hastert got involved in some land deals in his district and the routing of new highways near his land so he got more money. i guess that all went away.

http://wsdinsider.com/wcr-research/reports/WSDSERIES4.pdf

http://www.sprawlway.org/news/beacon062306.html

:starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

:bow:

probably too late to charge him for the sexual misconduct. ironically the guy who blackmailed him maybe in trouble for that and he probably has not paid taxes on the money he got from hastert.

hastert biggest problem is lying to the fbi under oath which is what they seem to get lots of people on even when they are not in any trouble. scooter libby and Martha stewart know.

i also thought hastert got involved in some land deals in his district and the routing of new highways near his land so he got more money. i guess that all went away.

http://wsdinsider.co.../WSDSERIES4.pdf

http://www.sprawlway...acon062306.html

Actually I heard he won't be charged because he and Hastert essentially agreed on the payments so it didn't amount to blackmail or extortion. That seems pretty bizarre to me.

Don't know about the tax angle though.

Really am tired of those inside the beltway who tout Dennis the Menace's integrity and civility or what ever empty platitudes they can dream up for a guy who unquestionably was a dirt bag. It's like saying Harry Reid is kind, warm hearted and a very likable guy.

No, he isn't Not even remotely true. In fact, as far to the polar opposite as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Fox is setting up to take down a so-called Conservative...Wonder if a MSM would do the same with a Democrat, a Clinton?

Make no mistake, there is a huge difference in this and a conventional scandal. This will ruin Hastert forever.

I am not shocked that Hastert is a dirtbag. I am truly astonished that Fox is staking out the lead in crushing him.

Maybe, just maybe Fox is living up to that Fair & Balanced Mantra.

I never liked Hastert either.

As long as Juan Williams and Colmes are on Fox they will be balanced ;)

I never liked Hastert either.

As long as Juan Williams and Colmes are on Fox they will be balanced ;)

There are more liberals on Fox than conservatives on all the other networks combined.

and bill clinton has been accused many times of sexual misconduct. yet he is still the darling of the media, his party, and can charge $500,000 plus travel and expenses for a 60 minute or so speech.

and bill clinton has been accused many times of sexual misconduct. yet he is still the darling of the media, his party, and can charge $500,000 plus travel and expenses for a 60 minute or so speech.

I think that is a foolish comparison/partisan justification.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Clinton accusations involved children. And, Bill did not hold himself up as a "family values" social conservative.

I think that is a foolish comparison/partisan justification.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Clinton accusations involved children. And, Bill did not hold himself up as a "family values" social conservative.

Justification? Both Hastert and Clinton should have been gone from public life at a minimum and probably jail.

It is partisan only because Clinton's supporters continue to accepted him.

Archived