How much will we see Myron Burton this year

bikeriderga

Watched the A Day game again twice in the last two days and Burton is really impressive.

So far, seems to be the best dark horse on the team to have a breakout year!

JJ looks like a Pro QB.

Likely plays mop up in blowouts,unless someone gets hurt. The main rotation is Duke,Ricardo,Melvin,Jason,Marcus

After seeing him in the A-Day game, I would not be so sure.

Duke and Ricardo are a given. Marcus Davis will definitely be in the rotation. But I would not be surprised to see Burton as # 4.

It was not just one catch or two he made, it was several.

Likely plays mop up in blowouts,unless someone gets hurt. The main rotation is Duke,Ricardo,Melvin,Jason,Marcus

Certainly seems like jumping the gun to include Jason Smith in that group. Also, Davis will have competition from Stanton Truitt. I doubt that there is a set rotation at this point, other than Duke and Ricardo.

I hope Ricardo can step up and make plays more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Seems like almost all of his touches are screen passes or jet sweeps.

He has a good a chance as anyone else. I don't know about RL being a top WR. He's been pretty inconsistent in the past. I think it's pretty wide open after Duke and Davis.

I have been really skeptical of Ricardo in the past but he had a big catch in the Wsconsin game and a huge one in the A day game. I'm hoping he turned the corner.

Burton looked really good in practice and the A day game. I think he could be good this season.

I think if JJ stays healthy all of the receivers on the roster are going to be happy. Duke is the big gun, of course, but I can see us in 4 or 5 receiver sets a lot and JJ standing back there just hitting the open guy. Whoever is willing to go across the middle on the intermediate routes is going to get the ball a lot including the backs out of the backfield.

this idea of what percentage we will see J.J dropping back is an interesting one. Not just Burton, but others as well. What will be the percentage of passes to run plays?

this idea of what percentage we will see J.J dropping back is an interesting one. Not just Burton, but others as well. What will be the percentage of passes to run plays?

Gus' ideal is 60% run, 40% passing. That is what I expect overall, but it depends what the opposing team's defense is going to key on.

Our offense is so stacked in the passing game and running game that no defense is going to be able to prepare for one or the other. If they do attempt to stop the run, JJ and company will burn them bad! If they focus on the passing game, our depth in the backfield is going to eat up huge chunks of yardage.

The 2015 Tigers may have the best overall offense we have ever seen at Auburn. I know that is saying a lot, but balance wise, we are that loaded at nearly every position. Offensive line is where is starts and our starters have the talent. The issue as for any team is depth in the line positions and the injury bug. If we stay healthy, it is going to be fun!

I love the optimism but the O-Line while talented is a question mark with all we lost last year.

I love the optimism but the O-Line while talented is a question mark with all we lost last year.

Center is the only real question I have. Potential at center but who really knows. Center is a position you can't afford shakey play.

We lost two starters and are loaded across the line with multiple players who can play every position. Golson and Mix will take center.

Center is the only real question I have. Potential at center but who really knows. Center is a position you can't afford shakey play.

We've got a lot of experience on o line as a whole. I'm really not that concerned. I just hope they can gel together faster than last year.

I'm always concerned about a new starter at center, and we're definitely stuck hoping for some meaningful improvement from Shon at LT. The OL will probably be fine, but I'm waiting to see it.

I'm not sure how much we see Burton, but I think a lot of folks are going to express surprise at "how much better <veteran receiver X> has gotten" when these guys start regularly getting quality passes thrown their way. It hasn't happened yet for any WR currently on the roster. They've gotten the occasional decent pass, and you might even say Duke got thrown to a lot, but no current Auburn WR can say he's ever gotten thrown quality balls on the regular. In fact, folks might think Duke's taken a step back when he's not required to go all Odell Beckham, Jr. to catch a ball like he so often had to last year ;D

One other thing, we're going to need guys who can block on the perimeter if we install much of the offense that Gus has run at Auburn. I know he'll adapt, but he'll likely still want some guys out there who will put a body on somebody. That might be where a Jonathan Wallace ends up getting a lot of those 4th/5th WR reps.

Archived