2017 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16 - CB/S targets added)

WarEagleAU

Thought I would share an interesting observation. I was looking at the in state recruiting classes & noticed that the state of Alabama appears to have more depth in it in terms of talent than 2016. IF the recruits keep their star grades there are 13 4*s in 2017 while 2016 only has a combined 7 4 & 5 *s in it's class. The only class worse in in state talent that 2016 is 2011.

That's quite a disparity. I guess we can expect some heated battles next year?

My only request: no more dance offs. I would have to start posting again in the meltdown thread if I were to see that happen.

I think we can all get on board with that.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im actually more psyched to see just how many davises we are going to go after this time. Lol

Am I correct with this ?? Does 247 and Rivals have more clout than ESPN and Scout when it comes to determining a recruits star rating? Can someone enlighten me and likely others who do not fully understand the star rating system?

Who's in charge of recruiting kids with the last name McCaffrey?

Angus MaGillicutty

Sure hope we can get back in with Bentley especially now that Narcisse has decommitted. But I know some on this forum do not want another Pro-style QB at Auburn. Probably not going to happen anyway. If he was my son it would be Stanford (no brainer). Are the QBs listed the top five targets on AU board for 2017. Narcisse still being No. 1?

Am I correct with this ?? Does 247 and Rivals have more clout than ESPN and Scout when it comes to determining a recruits star rating? Can someone enlighten me and likely others who do not fully understand the star rating system?

No Doc. All sites are weighed equally. You have asked about the star ranking system 4 or 5 times & I have given you a thorough yet simple answer every time. I honestly just don't understand how you are missing those replies.

Sure hope we can get back in with Bentley especially now that Narcisse has decommitted. But I know some on this forum do not want another Pro-style QB at Auburn. Probably not going to happen anyway. If he was my son it would be Stanford (no brainer). Are the QBs listed the top five targets on AU board for 2017. Narcisse still being No. 1?

Narcisse is still #1 on the board & the staff still likes it's chances of getting him despite the decommitment.

Updated class position projections FWIW

QB: 1-2

RB: 2

HB: 0

WR: 2-3

TE: 0-1

OT: 3

OG: 1-2

C: 0

DE: 2

DT: 2-3

LB: 3-4

CB: 1-2

S: 2

Max # AU can take as of today: 28

Narcisse is still #1 on the board & the staff still likes it's chances of getting him despite the decommitment.

I think we all agree Bentley is probably gone even though he is still being recruited somewhat. My question do you think our staff will wait on Narcisse even if he commits to LSU? Or do you think they will move on to another up and coming DT. Would love to see us take a serious look at Hockman but I'm not sure if that is going to happen. I think we can wait til fall to get a good dual threat committment. But all the highly rated Pro-style QBs will be committed by then. Your thoughts?

I think we all agree Bentley is probably gone even though he is still being recruited somewhat. My question do you think our staff will wait on Narcisse even if he commits to LSU? Or do you think they will move on to another up and coming DT. Would love to see us take a serious look at Hockman but I'm not sure if that is going to happen. I think we can wait til fall to get a good dual threat committment. But all the highly rated Pro-style QBs will be committed by then. Your thoughts?

I have no clue on any of that other than I think Clemson is the team to watch out for.

Archived