Auburn -The Loveliest Village On The Plains

RunInRed

I graduate this summer. I'm not ready.

I moved from there a decade ago. You can never be ready from leaving that wonderful place.

I still have a quarter or two I could figure out a way to extend to go back and get my 4th major. Hell no think I'll just move there once the wife retires.

I have 2 semesters left and I'm not ready either lol

Graduated last year! The first football season as an alumnus/a is definitely weird, but I guess I'll gradually assimilate like the older...excuse me...WISER graduates on this board have before me

I have 2 semesters left and I'm not ready either lol

Graduated last year! The first football season as an alumnus/a is definitely weird, but I guess I'll gradually assimilate like the older...excuse me...WISER graduates on this board have before me

Be careful young lad

I'm married to a Tuscaloosa bred Alabama graduate. It used to be everything you're thinking it could be. In May our daughter graduated from Vet School and over the past four years the tide has turned so to speak. My wife is far to classy to disown her hometown or her school, however after visiting over the last 4 years she is ready to move to Auburn, has no problem wearing the orange and blue, and has an Aubie decal on her car (bought at Toomer's).

In fact she has developed what I sometimes think is a little bit too strong of a love of Aubie. .

"The most friendly town I have ever been to" - her words.

i will be sixty in august. i had the run of the town by the time i was about 8. never a problem. my grabdparents seldom if ever locked their doors. still remember seeing my first go to hell bama banner and recently found a pic of it. if its not it looks really close.still remember a haircut shop that had the biggest collection of comics i have ever seen. they knew my grandfather and they called him sarge. man how times have changed. its like two completely different worlds. i believe to this day folkss in auburn got along better because they knew thier true enemy was bama.

On going topic at my house: Move to Auburn or the beach or the mountains. My bet is that Auburn wins.

As much as I love Auburn, moving to the mountains would be excellent.

On going topic at my house: Move to Auburn or the beach or the mountains. My bet is that Auburn wins.

As much as I love Auburn, moving to the mountains would be excellent.

I live within 1.5 Miles to the beach, 4 blocks from a bay and 3 blocks from a river...since I am not much of a beach person, I would rather retire and have a nice house on a lake with a dock...

I've been trying to convince the wife that it is time to retire and move to AU. Haven't convinced her yet. Live in AU, go to all AU sports, ref high school sports and visit the beach regularly. That is my plan.

I get depressed when I see photos of my beautiful alma mater and think of how my daughter, a non-resident since I moved to Florida years ago, couldn't attend due to the cost even though she had been accepted and desperately wanted to. Tuition for non-residents is over $13k per semester and the ridiculous scholarship assistance for children of alumni is $1,500 per semester. All in for housing, etc., you have to project about $40k annually for non-resident students. I understand that Auburn exists to first serve students from Alabama, it just seems that children of alumni could be given more of a break.

I get depressed when I see photos of my beautiful alma mater and think of how my daughter, a non-resident since I moved to Florida years ago, couldn't attend due to the cost even though she had been accepted and desperately wanted to. Tuition for non-residents is over $13k per semester and the ridiculous scholarship assistance for children of alumni is $1,500 per semester. All in for housing, etc., you have to project about $40k annually for non-resident students. I understand that Auburn exists to first serve students from Alabama, it just seems that children of alumni could be given more of a break.

If you have family still in Alabama, you can establish resident status for your daughter if she lives with them and gets a job - I think for a year. My niece did that.

In fact, my wife did the same thing but just lived on her own.

I am sad for you, Logan. Can't you just fail a class or two? :dunno:/>

Two words: Grad School. ;)/>

Haha, I wish.

Had plans to retire to AU but just did not work out...so took the next best options......home in the NC mountains....and a small condo about 1/2 mile from the beach in SC (surrounded by golf course).....thankful for my AU education every day and what it has allowed me to do.. But I still have dreams of living in Auburn and having access to all the university offers the community. ....but guess it's just not gonna happen. >:(

Archived