2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/No-1-recruit-in-the-country-arrives-at-Auburn-37738693

In Auburn. Last of his trip.

Big point in the article, "Auburn would like to sign up to eight defensive linemen in the 2016 class. Right now, the Tigers have none committed."

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I searched his name before creating, of course. Thanks for fleshing out the title.

Nice to have him and that stud LB on campus together.

No kidding. Aside from visiting, do we know of any interest from Gary? Which is how I will refer to him from now on.

He is visiting otherwise he would not be interested.

I realize that E, which is why I said aside from visiting. We all know alot of these kids are enjoying the process, visiting different programs across the country who offer them, many of which they have no interest in attending. My question is to what extent is he interested?

I disagree on the no interest part. Mom would not be spending all her hard earned money take her son to what is planned to be 15-20 schools if she were not serious on finding the school that fits her son best. They are in the exploration stage right now. The interest level for most of the schools is not truly known yet.

Fair point. If it's coming out of their pocket, then that's something to consider.

I think my thought came from instances that I've seen almost every year with an AU commit, who has already committed, who is 100% all Auburn, and who is going to take the rest of his officials because "he's a kid, and this is a once and a lifetime experience, and there's no need to worry, let him take his visits because he is only interested in Auburn. Do we look at that scenario differently because officials are paid for by the school? Because it does seem to me that there are instances in which kids go to visit schools that the are not, or are not still interested in. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the process works.

Either way, you answered my original question, thanks.

Some situations are different. If mom and or dad is paying to visit then there is at least interest in finding an interest level. As for officials it just depends on the individual recruit. Some are just enjoying the rise. Others are still trying to find their best fit still even though they are committed. There is no one blanket statement to apply to most or all kids. For the most part though this staff has done a good job of convincing commits they really want to not OV other schools.

I searched his name before creating, of course. Thanks for fleshing out the title.

Nice to have him and that stud LB on campus together.

No kidding. Aside from visiting, do we know of any interest from Gary? Which is how I will refer to him from now on.

He is visiting otherwise he would not be interested.

I realize that E, which is why I said aside from visiting. We all know alot of these kids are enjoying the process, visiting different programs across the country who offer them, many of which they have no interest in attending. My question is to what extent is he interested?

I disagree on the no interest part. Mom would not be spending all her hard earned money take her son to what is planned to be 15-20 schools if she were not serious on finding the school that fits her son best. They are in the exploration stage right now. The interest level for most of the schools is not truly known yet.

Fair point. If it's coming out of their pocket, then that's something to consider.

I think my thought came from instances that I've seen almost every year with an AU commit, who has already committed, who is 100% all Auburn, and who is going to take the rest of his officials because "he's a kid, and this is a once and a lifetime experience, and there's no need to worry, let him take his visits because he is only interested in Auburn. Do we look at that scenario differently because officials are paid for by the school? Because it does seem to me that there are instances in which kids go to visit schools that the are not, or are not still interested in. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the process works.

Either way, you answered my original question, thanks.

Some situations are different. If mom and or dad is paying to visit then there is at least interest in finding an interest level. As for officials it just depends on the individual recruit. Some are just enjoying the rise. Others are still trying to find their best fit still even though they are committed. There is no one blanket statement to apply to most or all kids. For the most part though this staff has done a good job of convincing commits they really want to not OV other schools.

great answer. thanks man.

In the 24/7 free story he said he would come back in the summer with a DE, LB & WR from his team. Any idea whi these players are and our interest?

In the 24/7 free story he said he would come back in the summer with a DE, LB & WR from his team. Any idea whi these players are and our interest?

I like the sound of this.

2017 kids and too soon to tell. And it's not free now. http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/No-1-recruit-Rashan-Gary-praises-Auburn-plans-to-return-37746159

Really glad to hear he enjoyed the visit! Hope he got a good chance to spend some time with current players, as well as coaches. Any word how he like his visit to the Plains compared to Tuscaloosa and Oxford? Will he visit both of them, as well, on his return trip?

Really glad to hear he enjoyed the visit! Hope he got a good chance to spend some time with current players, as well as coaches. Any word how he like his visit to the Plains compared to Tuscaloosa and Oxford? Will he visit both of them, as well, on his return trip?

Believe he stayed with Cowart on his visit, and I haven't seen anything regarding his visits to Oxford and Bama

Believe he stayed with Cowart on his visit, and I haven't seen anything regarding his visits to Oxford and Bama

That's good to hear about Cowart. Wonder if they know each other from previous all-star games?

That's good to hear about Cowart. Wonder if they know each other from previous all-star games?

More than likely. Heard that they bonded very well. Would be great for them to be playing on the D-Line for us at the same time!

they roomed together at one of them I believe

Nice. I would love to sign either him or Derrick Brown.

I'd love to sign both, personally! Talk about an uphill fight, though -- that seems unlikely to happen.

Did not do a comparison in his interview and no word on if he will visit the other 2 again. Interview was AU centered.

His relationship with Cowart could prove very helpful for a kid coming from that far away. Comfort level is high.

This I don't like. There was a guy last year or year before that tried to get his friend(s) signed along with him as part of a package deal. IIRC UGA got stuck with the friend and missed on the Big One.

I'm glad he's coming back but the "bringing friends" thing leaves me cold.

This I don't like. There was a guy last year or year before that tried to get his friend(s) signed along with him as part of a package deal. IIRC UGA got stuck with the friend and missed on the Big One.

don't think our coaches would sign guys they dont really want just to get the big fish do you? Not being a smartass, seriously curious as to whether we would do that or not.

I remember that happening to clempson with nkemdiche.

Archived