2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

image.png

Rashan Gary, DT

Paramus, NJ (Paramus Catholic)

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 311 | 40: 4.74

Twitter

- Recruiters: Lance Thompson, Rodney Garner

- Unofficial Visits to AU: 6/13/15, 7/12 - 7/16/15

- 2014 Stats: 55 Tackles, 14 Sacks

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 1, No. 1 DT)

ESPN: 5* (ESPN300 - No. 1, No. 1 DT)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 6, No. 2 DT)

Scout: 5* (Scout Rank - No. 1, No. 1 DT)

Gary is a mix of power, speed, athleticism and explosion. He has great speed and his ability to chase a play down are exceptional. He ran a 4.74 in the 40-yard dash at The Opening in July, and he plays fast. He can use his strength to overpower an offensive lineman, he has a tremendous change of direction and his explosion is off the charts. -- Brian Dohn

http://www.scout.com...y/analysis?s=73

Offers: Alabama, Army, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Maryland, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, USC, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3581346.jpg

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I searched his name before creating, of course. Thanks for fleshing out the title.

Nice to have him and that stud LB on campus together.

I searched his name before creating, of course. Thanks for fleshing out the title.

No kidding. Aside from visiting, do we know of any interest from Gary? Which is how I will refer to him from now on.

No kidding. Aside from visiting, do we know of any interest from Gary? Which is how I will refer to him from now on.

YES. Gary in accounting. Good guy. Always wears the best Hawaiian shirts on Fridays. Told a really funny joke at happy hour on Tuesday. Let me see if I can rememb... ah, nah, you need to get him to tell it. Wife's a real looker, too.

YES. Gary in accounting. Good guy. Always wears the best Hawaiian shirts on Fridays. Told a really funny joke at happy hour on Tuesday. Let me see if I can rememb... ah, nah, you need to get him to tell it. Wife's a real looker, too.

explain this better? Gary the recruit or Gary the singing Do Ho look alike from Bessemer?

explain this better? Gary the recruit or Gary the singing Do Ho look alike from Bessemer?

I would LOVE to learn more about the latter.

Hahaha HUGE Michael Bolton fan!

He is visiting otherwise he would not be interested. The key is making his cut list to feel his interest out whenever that happens.

Hahaha HUGE Michael Bolton fan!

HUGE

:laugh:

Ok we've all had our fun so could we get back to talking about about Mr. Gary.

According to Jennifer Coney, Gary's mother, they are currently on a trip in which they will visit Alabama, Auburn and Ole' Miss.

He is visiting otherwise he would not be interested.

I realize that E, which is why I said aside from visiting. We all know alot of these kids are enjoying the process, visiting different programs across the country who offer them, many of which they have no interest in attending. My question is to what extent is he interested?

wow the guy who creates way too many pages of nonsense for me to read is telling people to stop, guess this one is more important .

I realize that E, which is why I said aside from visiting. We all know alot of these kids are enjoying the process, visiting different programs across the country who offer them, many of which they have no interest in attending. My question is to what extent is he interested?

I disagree on the no interest part. Mom would not be spending all her hard earned money take her son to what is planned to be 15-20 schools if she were not serious on finding the school that fits her son best. They are in the exploration stage right now. The interest level for most of the schools is not truly known yet.

wow the guy who creates way too many pages of nonsense for me to read is telling people to stop, guess this one is more important .

It's a tradition.

I really hope Gary has a great visit to campus. Too many CBs to Bama for my liking, at this point. Obviously, this kid will likely be a star wherever he ends up; but we could really use him!

I really hope Gary has a great visit to campus. Too many CBs to Bama for my liking, at this point. Obviously, this kid will likely be a star wherever he ends up; but we could really use him!

Beating them for a kid like this would sure be a victory in and of itself.

It's a tradition.

like no other!!! in my best jim nantz voice for you golf, lol

Beating them for a kid like this would sure be a victory in and of itself.

I think it would be awesome for us to sign the #1 rated recruit for the second year in a row. I really hope the D performs well this season.

I have a better feeling about recruiting than most. It is tough going up against the "U of" schools period. Never mind the one we share a state with!

We play well enough this Fall, and Muschamp stays put, NSD will be VERY good to us!

I disagree on the no interest part. Mom would not be spending all her hard earned money take her son to what is planned to be 15-20 schools if she were not serious on finding the school that fits her son best. They are in the exploration stage right now. The interest level for most of the schools is not truly known yet.

Fair point. If it's coming out of their pocket, then that's something to consider.

I think my thought came from instances that I've seen almost every year with an AU commit, who has already committed, who is 100% all Auburn, and who is going to take the rest of his officials because "he's a kid, and this is a once and a lifetime experience, and there's no need to worry, let him take his visits because he is only interested in Auburn. Do we look at that scenario differently because officials are paid for by the school? Because it does seem to me that there are instances in which kids go to visit schools that the are not, or are not still interested in. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the process works.

Either way, you answered my original question, thanks.

It's a tradition.

like no other!!! in my best jim nantz voice for you golf, lol

Hush

Archived