The reasons why we win it all this year

gr82b4au

I think that this is the year we live up to expectations. I think we win it all.

My reasons?

Offense

One of the best (if not the best) offensive minds in the country as a head coach.

JJ at QB

Kozan coming back from injury and a solid OL

Duke coming back for another year at WR, Melvin Ray, Louis, and Davis all solid

Unproven but stacked backfield (maybe the best backfield talent wise since caddy and ronnie)

Defense

One of the best defensive minds in the country as a DC.

Transfers that help create a very good defensive backfield

Solid and experienced linebackers

The return of Lawson and the debut of Cowart

Add that with a favorable schedule and this is going to be the year of the Auburn Tiger.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we are thin with experience in the defensive backfield. By this I mean that our second stringers are going to be made primarily of kids who have not played much or none at all. While they may have all the talent in the world, the less experienced kids are always going to get you burnt here and there. So if we can stay healthy with our starters and get the backups quality playing time early on, then I would agree that we as good of a chance as anyone.

Yo we made these threads last year too.

Refrain from this just one time

he has a right to voice his opinion.

I absolutely believe we can develop into that caliber of team, but we've still got a long way to go before we're there..

There are several more teams that are more talented than us (especially on D) that are being coached by staffs as good as ours and we will need the same type of divine intervention that we received in 2013, but yes, it is possible.

wde

Yo we made these threads last year too.

Refrain from this just one time

Speak for yourself.

I did.

The point is that you make many threads that we don't need week after week in the Fall. You of all people don't need to tell someone what to and what not to post.

Phillip Marshall is right. AU has the potential to win it all this year. So do almost all teams in the SEC West. This should be an interesting year. I can't wait till we tee it up in Atlanta and see how it goes. WDE!

We have a lot of new parts. Very good, but still new. I think if we can get to the mid way point of the season unbeaten and relatively uninjured, we will have the confidence and experience that will put us in position to finish strong. We shall see.

That's a fairly good argument that Auburn can win the championship. Listing the reasons why we may not win a national championship would be an interesting topic as well. Assuming we can get over ourselves and discuss something that doesn't involve sunshine pumping without resorting to insults. "You're just a dumb bammer" retorts can only carry my attention for so long.

To start it off, I think defensive depth will hinder Auburn, especially if injuries start to accumulate. Also, with many of our leaders gone, I have to wonder who will be our become our rock that we can depend on for leadership when under adversity. Lastly, our OL may not have enough time to gel and, once again, injuries will really hurt this group if they accumulate.

There are several more teams that are more talented than us (especially on D) that are being coached by staffs as good as ours and we will need the same type of divine intervention that we received in 2013, but yes, it is possible.

wde

I agree with this. Our schedule is what favors us though. If we had last years schedule this year, I think we'd finish just as we did last year with this team.

Auburn has as good of a chance to win it all as any other team in the country. Why is it that Auburn always has to get lucky or have divine intervention or things to fall the right way to win it all, but other championship teams are just talented and great? Sick of these whiny Auburn fans and their expectation tempering. BELIEVE DAMMIT.

Pump that Sunshine, Wee! Because if every Auburn fan will just "BELIEVE DAMMIT" that mighty surge of sunshine will power Auburn to the very top! No need for luck. No need for divine intervention! Just good ole sunshine pumping power!

Well, anyway, on a more objective level ..... Experienced quality and depth in the secondary is a question mark. The offense has a lot of talent and CGM is a brilliant offensive coach, but it may take a little time for all the new players and moving parts to settle and gel on offense.

If Auburn can still be unbeaten by the time of the UGA game, the Tigers will have a very good shot at those two powerhouse teams. But ya know, there are formidable opponents every step of the way. Luckily, we get LSU in the afternoon, rather than at night. But I'm expecting A&M to be better on defense and just as potent on offense. That will be a tough game. Bobbie Petrino gave Auburn fits when he was at Arkansas and I expect Louisville to be ready to play. And speaking of Arkansas, they got better and better through the season last year. Not a pushover. Ole Miss has a lot of talent and good coaching.

Yes, Auburn has the *potential* to be a great team -- if everything comes together. I sure hope that happens. But, since Auburn has not done very well when starting the season highly ranked, I'm trying to be more cautious with my optimism.

Our offense will score a lot; it even did that in 2009 and 2011 when we didn't have the talent. It comes down to if we can actually stop people when it matters. We did that in 2010, almost did that in 2013. To paraphrase the sportsnews' article I read today, "it comes down to if Auburn's defense turns into something that actually defends."

I hate to say this but I'm very afraid that our DL talent is ahead of our DL coaching. In the SEC west that's where it all starts. Maybe they will be good enough to overcome and maybe the additions to the staff will be able to slide over and shore it up. As they said in the Guns of Navarone, SHoooooTT!!

One thing that I am very comfortable with is that I feel we will win at least 10 games for the regular 2015 season. We do this, we will be in the thick of things come playoff time.

One thing that I am very comfortable with is that I feel we will win at least 10 games for the regular 2015 season. We do this, we will be in the thick of things come playoff time.

+1

Archived