US Open

AUbritt

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who ya got? I'm pulling for Lefty.

Course looks amazing!

I like Speith again. From what I understand the course is set up very well for him. I like his ball striking and short game to win.

Heart pick: Mickelson by 3, posting a -6. Head pick: Sergio Garcia pulls through with an 18 hole playoff victory over Dustin Johnson

Sergio ain't going to win crap. Take it to the bank. Will be the first time ever FOX will carrying the Open. Say they have some new technology to use. Should be interesting but they need to be careful Sometime golf does not like new tech. stuff for viewers.

As for winning the darn thing....heart for Duf or Blayne....head says Rory

Heart pick: Mickelson by 3, posting a -6. Head pick: Sergio Garcia pulls through with an 18 hole playoff victory over Dustin Johnson

that is what is in your head? I would love to see Sergio win. But I would bet the farm against it. Would rather see an old timer pull it off.

Sergio ain't going to win crap. Take it to the bank. Will be the first time ever FOX will carrying the Open. Say they have some new technology to use. Should be interesting but they need to be careful Sometime golf does not like new tech. stuff for viewers.

Do you know what crew they are using? No Johnny Miller would make my week by itself.

that is what is in your head? I would love to see Sergio win. But I would bet the farm against it. Would rather see an old timer pull it off.

If it plays more links style as advertised, I believe Sergio stands a good shot at it. I know Spieth's 83 at Chambers in the 2010 US Amateur was lightyears ago, but with that and Rory off form, it leaves the door open for a Dustin or Sergio to step in and take it.

As for the crew, all I know is Joe Buck is a part of it, so I'm not sure if that is better or worse than Miller.

Do you know what crew they are using? No Johnny Miller would make my week by itself.

I believe it all new crew. I do know that Tim Brando will be announcing a hole. Some people will not like that but Timmy does know golf really well.

Here's the crew for FOX

http://awfulannounci...f-coverage.html

Already we know that Greg Norman and Joe Buck will be the lead announcing pairing anchoring coverage in the 18th tower. Joining them as the main broadcasters are former pros Steve Flesch and Brad Faxon as hole announcers, former US Open champ Corey Pavin as a studio analyst, two-time US Women’s Open champ Julie Inkster as on-course reporter and analyst, and Irish journalist Shane O’Donoghue as host. Former USGA exec David Fay also will join the Fox team as a rules analyst.

Highlighted names for the group of 20 include former British Open champ and longtime broadcaster Tom Weiskopf, LPGA stars Natalie Gulbis and Morgan Pressel, as well as other Fox broadcasters like Curt Menefee, Tim Brando, Joel Klatt, and Charles Davis.

I wonder if they will let this one dry out like Shinnecock in '04. If that happens, I think Rory might have trouble. I think Fowler would have a better chance. If it's moist and the fairways and greens are holding, Rory all day.

Going with the Player's Champ, Fowler.

Fowler is actually who I think might win. I just feel for Phil, with all his second place finishes. Was watching footage of the practice rounds, and it looks like Fowler is having a blast.

Heard the fairways already measuring 7 on the Stimpmeter. Length off the tee will not necessarily be a huge advantage, with firm, fast fairways. Greens are awesome, with shots boomeranging all over. I am really looking forward to seeing it!

And, yes, golf -- I'd be thrilled if Duf won!

Might start a thread on who plays and handicap or roundabout average score.

You mean, who among us AUFamily members plays? Like a separate golf thread for us?

You mean, who among us AUFamily members plays? Like a separate golf thread for us?

Fine with me....but have to say that the greens look gritty...some putts that just stop abruptly. Read early on of some concerns about the greens.....looks like last year's Open at Pinehurst where the maintenance theme seemed to be "neglect".

Guess I'm spoiled but I prefer the "well manicured" look ....Augusta for example.

I'm an average amateur...Hdcp 13-14.

I realize the US Open is a different animal...but can't get too enthused about the course.

yep

Are you kidding me? I just got home and turned on the U.S. Open. I have played country cow pasture courses that had better grass than Chambers Bay. Are they playing what we call "winter rules", where you can move the ball from bare spots to grass? That is awful for one of the most prestigious majors on the tour.

Stenson or Kuchar are my picks.

Are you kidding me? I just got home and turned on the U.S. Open. I have played country cow pasture courses that had better grass than Chambers Bay. Are they playing what we call "winter rules", where you can move the ball from bare spots to grass? That is awful for one of the most prestigious majors on the tour.

Stenson or Kuchar are my picks.

Not much different than Pinehurst last year....and I did not care much for that either.

An hour or so ago, watched Rory miss a little 6 foot putt that bounced a couple times and then meandered around...with the last move taking it away from the cup. Just bad luck...but he did miss three of those I think. Gotta be more firm to the cup I guess.

BUT...they are all playing the same course....but just to say that I wouldn't pay $25 to play that course....big name or whatever. Just sayin'

Going to be exciting at the end I bet....some real opportunities for some double and triple boogies....and no water hazards....who would have thought that possible.

Great pix a4 ...course will need a little seasoning but could be ready by next year.

Meanwhile....TIger just missed a little putt the same as Rory...putt just pulled up short and fall away from the middle of the cup....gotta hit 'em to the back of the cup on this course.

I usually trickle my putts over the front lip....this course would kill me.

Archived