2018 4* Juco DT Daquan Newkirk (Auburn 6/18/15)

McLoofus

According to 247, he had 19 offers, including Bama, Louisville and a smattering of bottom dwellers in Big 5 conferences like Illinois and Kentucky.

The thing is, I don't remember seeing his name on any of the visitor lists for recruiting weekends like Big Cat. Maybe he did some camps to get those offers.

The young man has real potential.

Possibly but it's also just as likely that his film has just gotten out recently.

I suspect he will jump up the boards quickly and hit 4 stars with multiple services. Probably one of those deals where a coach of ours saw him and knew he was an immediate take.

Sammy Coates

The offer that stands out to me is the one from Cincinnati.

I'm not sure I should say this out loud, but I am not opposed to following Tubbs around and seeing who he likes ... then try to steal a few. Tubbs knows hidden talent. (it was competing for the higher ranked recruits that proved more difficult) Edited by mustache eagle

FWIW I have seen a few analysts and respected people say they can see DN being a 4* before all is said and done.

First of all Welcome to the best family in the nation!

Second WAR EAGLE!

Third, welcome abroad.

Forth, Orange and Blue baby, Orange and Blue!

Fifth: He was offered by a lot of good schools, including Bama and Auburn. He may have been under the radar by the recruiting services, but not by team recruiters. Rivals is now showing him as a three star, but expect he will get a bump.

His size and speed are impressive for a Weakside DE! Could transition to LB at that size and with that speed.

6'3

Junior stats:

42 tackles

3 sacks

2 fumbles

1 interception

Has has been playing running back as well at The First Academy in Orlando

http://sports.yahoo....-Newkirk-171080

Edited by bikeriderga

I suspect he will jump up the boards quickly and hit 4 stars with multiple services. Probably one of those deals where a coach of ours saw him and knew he was an immediate take.

Sammy Coates

I'm not sure I should say this out loud, but I am not opposed to following Tubbs around and seeing who he likes ... then try to steal a few. Tubbs knows hidden talent. (it was competing for the higher ranked recruits that proved more difficult)

Tubs damn sure got lucky on a few after Jay handcuffed him and his staff on the recruiting trail.

Just wait and see. His real recruiting will just now begin.

Hit the nail right on the head. This is far from over.

Sammy Coates

I'm not sure I should say this out loud, but I am not opposed to following Tubbs around and seeing who he likes ... then try to steal a few. Tubbs knows hidden talent. (it was competing for the higher ranked recruits that proved more difficult)

Tubs damn sure got lucky on a few after Jay handcuffed him and his staff on the recruiting trail.

It is lucky when it happens once or twice when it happens as often as Tubbs found people there is a lot of skill involved.

This kid looks like a really, really good pick up. I hope everything works out and he ends up in AU. Kid sure looks like a man among boys in his highlights. Reminds me a bit of Ruben Foster. Perhaps with more integrity though.

Well this is interesting. I've never been to one of there games they have about 1200 students K thru12th grade. Makes one go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Didn't we have a TE commit or target last year that went to this school? I live just a few miles away from it and from what I understand it's becoming a bit of a magnet school for athletes. If Daquan was previously at Evans high school, this school is a big upgrade for him.

Well this is interesting. I've never been to one of there games they have about 1200 students K thru12th grade. Makes one go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Didn't we have a TE commit or target last year that went to this school? I live just a few miles away from it and from what I understand it's becoming a bit of a magnet school for athletes. If Daquan was previously at Evans high school, this school is a big upgrade for him.

I believe some of the Crofoot kids attended there. Think long snappers for Auburn and Fl.

3-star on 247 and Rivals. Close to 4-star.

Close on 247 but not Rivals or the composite. He is about 500 on Rivals which brings his composite down.

It's tempting to say this kid was flying under the radar, but when one looks at his offers he was very much on the radar for some of the best coaches in the game. The recruiting services may have whiffed on him, but the coaches didn't.

Great commit, and interestingly this is the class Prince Tega "should" have been in, Could you imagine the two talents together in same class? Anyways hope we get his signature.

Sammy Coates

Keep speaking the truth; amen brother!

Great commit, and interestingly this is the class Prince Tega "should" have been in, Could you imagine the two talents together in same class? Anyways hope we get his signature.

There is better than that. Don't forget Marlon Davidson and Tony Clayton. MD and Prince would be 2 5*s in this class and Tony could easily end up a top 8 to 10 DE in this class as well.

Camped at Auburn during the week.

says he's not taking any other visits

That's good news! At least he was here and knows what's what.