Schmid Elementary(Chicago, Ill) 2nd Grade Auburn University Presentation

I know it's not football related but it's TOO AUsome not to share. These kids could've choose any school but they picked Auburn. I hope Auburn or fellow Auburn grads and fans can get together and do something for these kids even if it's just donations for school supplies. Chicago is not all bad; these are the things the media doesn't take the time to show the nation! WDE!

Second graders in Chicago, Illinois were given the task of putting together a presentation about a university. They chose Auburn and their presentation was flawless! WAR EAGLE!

that was great....kids did a wonderful job....hope there is some way that AU can give them some recognition and maybe some $$$ for a special project.

Priceless! Thank you 83.

A trip to a basketball or football game with all expenses paid would show what Auburn is all about. I hope something like this happens.

Wow. That was awesome, gave me chills. WAR EAGLE kids. Hope they an all make a trip down for a game.

Yeah I hope the school does something for the kids but their teacher and parent/teacher replied to several posts on Facebook to let us know which class it was. The teacher's husband is an Auburn graduate..an Auburn legacy really. I plan on sending them a donation of my own very soon. And I'd definitely be willing to contribute to any donations to this clas.

Teacher's post:Auburn Family.... I cannot begin to express how overwhelming your support of my students is. I am sitting here in tears reading all of your kind words. I am lucky enough to be their teacher and am proud of them every day, but it is SO great to see them making so many other people just as proud. I am not an alum of Auburn, but my husband David Matthew is as well as his grandfather and great grandfather. He has always tried to explain what the Auburn Family was, but I never understood until now. We are a small, neighborhood school on the South Side of Chicago. You have no idea what your support and appreciation will mean for these children. I am confident they will all take a visit to The Plains one day as members of the class of 2029. Please keep sharing and visit our facebook The New Schmid Elementary School! War Eagle to every one of you! Auburn Tigers

Parent/teacher post: Hi guys! Quinlan Matthew and I are at Schmid Elementary 9755 s. University Chicago, IL 60620. Our principal will be there all summer and anything you send to keep these little guys focused on college would be amazing! My daughter Trinity gave the info on sororities at Auburn and her biggest dream right now is to be a Tiger! Everyone she sees its War EagleI love it and you guys have the best hearts I've ever seen

I wanted to let everyone know that there's a lot of things in the works involving these kids and their teachers. More to come!!! :)

I wanted to let everyone know that there's a lot of things in the works involving these kids and their teachers. More to come!!! :)

That's awesome. Please keep us posted!

Good.

I'm glad they are getting recognized and supposedly help or special things will be coming their way. Least two Auburn alumni have been trying to help the Southside of Chicago before this was ever made known.

While I was in Chicago I volunteered time and money wise to organizations to help benefit children in the Southside of Chicago, despite being accused of being blind and a racist by some Auburn folk here. I still do to this day. I also have had those efforts mocked by several Auburn folk here.

I say that cause I hope people look beyond the Auburn aspect of this story and still think of it when the Auburn novelty wears off. That they will also think of the kids in all the surrounding schools that are no different than these.This school is just a bit south of Englewood (probably the most dangerous area in Chicago) and I believe that entire area is Gangster Disciples territory (Check them out on youtube).

So when then stories break Monday about then number of shootings/deaths in Chicago over the 4th holiday, and they will, remember that these kids are the ones losing parents, siblings, and being victims of stray bullets that missed their mark.

You want to help these kids. Find the organizations in this schools district that provide after school or day time activities. The ones that provide shelter, meals, positive role models, protection, and activities that keep them off the streets. The ones that allow the family to work and not worry about where their kid is or the cost to keep them out of harms and the recruitment efforts of the gangs.

I saw on Twitter that JJ is at the school today and they have some special guests with them. Anyone have any more info?

Archived