Dyer seems to be wanting Rent a Trent's Position

AU_Tiger_88

http://panicbutton.sportsblog.com/posts/2646818/does-michael-dyer-s-camp-performance-make-trent-richardson-expendable-.html

"Word on the street is that un-drafted rookie RB, Michael Dyer had himself an exceptional camp and that Raider coaches were raving about his ability to catch the ball out of the back-field.

While that's great news for Dyer and his camp, ya gotta wonder if Dyer making the team would be the end of Trent Richardson's NFL career?"

it will be settled on the field. But neither is going to start the season over Murray. Richardson is still young. he'd at worst case scenario be on a practice squad. But with injuries in the NFL i fully expect him to be on a roster for the next few years at the least whether he's productive or not.

it'd just be nice to see a starting Auburn RB tbh

Tre Mason is starting is he not? Gurley hasn't taken his spot yet.

it will be settled on the field. But neither is going to start the season over Murray. Richardson is still young. he'd at worst case scenario be on a practice squad. But with injuries in the NFL i fully expect him to be on a roster for the next few years at the least whether he's productive or not.

how'd you get Eagles from Raiders?

they didn't take a RB first round just for depth

It's a two running back league and until Mason gets bumped down, he is still starting RB. Your OP is ridiculous.

they didn't take a RB first round just for depth

It's a two running back league and until Mason gets bumped down, he is still starting RB. Your OP is ridiculous.

Well, to be fair, it is DTR, ridiculous threads are his MO.

Mason is still the starter, and CAP will more than likely get a few starts when Jonathan Stewart inevitably misses 5 games this season. Heck, even Ben Tate still got a few starts last year. So if you choose to count Dyer and he pans out, then Auburn will likely have had its last four starting RBs be RB1 for a team in a calendar year. I guess you're mad that Kenny Irons isn't still in the league?

Really really ridiculously happy for Dyer. I don't care what the haters think. I still like that kid.

Me too!

No matter what, that run at the end of the National Championship game that set up the game winning FG is still one of my favorites.

I would love to see Dyer do well, but he did well because of the offense. I don't view him as an Auburn man since he had multiple chances and never straightened out. Again, I hope he does well, but I don't want him representing the Auburn family.

I appreciate what he did for us while he was at AU. I wish him the best, and hope he does well in the NFL and keeps his head on straight.

Am I missing any cliches? I think I touched on them all. ;)

(I was being sincere in the first line of my post)

I hope he grew up and fixed whatever he was doing to mess up his life. He has been given a big opportunity here....again. Maybe this time he will take advantage of it and do well. I'm pulling for him.

Archived