SEC NETWORK Takeover

WarTiger

Set your DVR's for Wednesday, July 1st ...

CIt18s5XAAEXfVP.png

Capture.png

SEC Network Takeover (#SECNTakeover) continues Wednesday, July 1 with the Auburn Tigers taking over the national television network for 24 hours. With the help of men's basketball head coach Bruce Pearl, Auburn selected 10 marquee television events from the vault* to re-live with fans. The day's programming will also include two ESPN Films centered around Auburn royalty Bo Jackson, as well as the SEC Storied chronicling the athletic powerhouse built by Bo Jackson, Charles Barkley and Frank Thomas in the 1980s.

"The Auburn day on the SEC Network is a great opportunity to showcase all the moments and students that have made Auburn great," said Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs. "It was important to give the Auburn Family the programming they wanted to see during our Takeover day, so we gave them an opportunity to vote on their favorite classic games. This day is for the Auburn Family."

Auburn #SECNTakeover Schedule includes:

• 2006 Auburn vs. Florida (Football) - Undefeated Florida came to Jordan-Hare Stadium ranked No. 2 in the nation and the Auburn Tigers were ranked No. 11. Auburn fans remember the blocked punt that helped hand the eventual national champion its only loss of the season.

• 2014 Auburn vs. Alabama (Soccer) - The Auburn soccer team won its third straight "Iron Bowl of Soccer" over Alabama in this overtime thriller. It also featured the return of Alabama player Abby Lutzenkirchen to Auburn's campus after the passing of her brother, former Auburn tight end, Philip.

• 1999 Auburn vs. Ole Miss (Men's Basketball) - One of the most dominant games from one of the most successful seasons in Auburn basketball history, the win over the Rebels helped the Tigers to a perfect 15-0 at home and an eventual SEC Championship.

• 2015 Auburn vs. Alabama (Softball) - Auburn and Alabama entered the game both ranked No. 5/6 in the polls. After a back-and-forth, high scoring game, Auburn battled back from a 5-run deficit for a win that led to most successful season in program history.

• 1982 Auburn vs. Alabama (Football) - Otherwise known as the "Bo over the Top" game, this classic Iron Bowl introduced to college football a freshman running back from Bessemer, Ala., Bo Jackson.

• 2015 Auburn vs. Tennessee (Softball) - A comeback win gives Auburn softball its first SEC Tournament title in program history.

• 2003 Auburn vs. Alabama (Football) - Known as the "Go Crazy, Cadillac" game, running back Carnell Williams took the opening handoff 80 yards for the score. He later scored the final touchdown to give Auburn its second straight Iron Bowl win and extend what would be an string of six-in-a-row for the Tigers.

• 2011 BCS National Championship - It was the meeting of the top offensive teams in the country and the culmination of a season that saw Auburn go from a preseason No. 22 ranking to No. 1 in the country and complete a perfect 14-0 record. Led by Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton and Lombardi Award winner Nick Fairley, the game was won by a Wes Byrum field goal as time expired.

• 2013 Auburn vs. Alabama (Football) - "Kick Six" is the now famous term given to what many call the greatest college football game in history, the 2013 Iron Bowl. The game pitted No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Auburn in the battle for the SEC West title. The game held up to its billing.

• 2015 Auburn vs. LSU (Men's Basketball) - An improbable run in the SEC Tournament, Auburn entered as the 13-seed, winning three games in three days. The third win turned out to be a nail biting come-from-behind win over LSU secured by a 3-pointer by KT Harrell to send the game to overtime.

• This is Auburn - This is Auburn is an original program produced by War Eagle Productions, giving viewers a look at what makes Auburn great. Whether it is the unique traditions, the family feeling, the student development, the community impact or its ability to help through adversity, This is Auburn. The 60-minute episode explores all of these in special feature vignettes.

http://www.secsports...keover-schedule

The SEC Network is turning its television schedule over to each of the 14 institutions in the Southeastern Conference in its first “SEC Network Takeover” initiative. Beginning Monday, June 29 each school will personally choose what airs on the television channel for 24 consecutive hours. Programming may include classic games, films, ESPN original content and some school-produced content.

Each school has selected a representative to aid in the task. Representatives are:

• June 29: Mark Ingram (Alabama), Alabama’s first Heisman Trophy winner and former running back for the 2010 BCS National Championship team; first round draft pick, currently playing for the New Orleans Saints
  • June 30: Coach Jimmy Dykes (Arkansas), former Arkansas basketball player under Coach Eddie Sutton, ESPN Analyst, currently the Women’s Basketball Head Coach for the Razorbacks
  • July 1: Coach Bruce Pearl (Auburn), current Men’s Basketball Head Coach for the Auburn Tigers and former ESPN Analyst
  • July 2: Titus O’Neil (Florida), former football player (Thaddeus Bullard) and UF Student Body Vice President in 2000, current WWE Tag Team World Champion
  • July 3: D.J. Shockley (Georgia), former Georgia Quarterback and MVP in the 2005 SEC Championship Game win
  • July 4: Coach John Calipari & Coach Mark Stoops (Kentucky), current Men’s Basketball and Football Head Coaches
  • July 5: Alex Bregman (LSU), second pick in the first round of the 2015 MLB Draft – highest ever drafted position player in LSU history - and finalist for the 2015 Golden Spikes Award
  • July 6: Dak Prescott & Coach Dan Mullen (Mississippi State), current Bulldogs quarterback - owner of several school records including total touchdowns and offensive yards – and Mississippi State’s football head coach
  • July 7: John Anderson (Missouri), ESPN SportsCenter anchor and Missouri Tiger alum
  • July 8: Leigh Anne Tuohy (Ole Miss), legal guardian of Super Bowl champion and first round draft pick Michael Oher, most notably known for Sandra Bullock’s depiction of her life in the film The Blind Side
  • July 9: President Harris Pastides & AD Ray Tanner (South Carolina), current President of the University of South Carolina and former two-time national championship winning baseball coach and current Athletic Director
  • July 10: Inky Johnson (Tennessee), former Tennessee football player turned author and inspirational speaker after suffering a life-threatening injury on the football field
  • July 11: Kayce Smith (Texas A&M), SEC Network sideline reporter and former student of Texas A&M (Class of 2012)
  • July 12: David Price (Vanderbilt), first overall draft pick of the 2007 MLB Draft, winner of the 2012 Cy Young Award and current pitcher for the Detroit Tigers

I have no DVR!

Someone record this and press it to a digital or DVD format and I will pay them for their troubles!

I think this is GREAT, for all SEC programs!

Very creative and will surely get some viewers during the offseason doldrums. I'll definitely plan to keep an eye on the Network for the next few weeks.

I think we can all feel pretty confident that none of the schools will select anything by Finebaum to include in their programming.

I say we play 24 straight hours of replays of the greatest games in the history of University of Alabama football, but with every Alabama scoring play replaced with the Kick Six. Then post the videos of their reactions to youtube. We could leverage that 24 hours into weeks of entertainment.

Sounds great but does anyone have a schedule of what will be playing on Auburn's day?

Not yet

Gonna record the Florida/Auburn football game from 06. I think it comes on around midnight.

Also unless I missed one, Auburn will have 4 football games aired compared to bammer showing 8.

Gonna record the Florida/Auburn football game from 06. I think it comes on around midnight.

Also unless I missed one, Auburn will have 4 football games aired compared to bammer showing 8.

Figures

Because we are a university about more than just football. I see that as a good thing. Love seeing the Men's basketball game vs. LSU in the SEC tournament and the two softball games as well.

The Auburn/Florida game is sooo late. I hope someone puts it in youtube. If it was a Fri. or Sat. night then I would watch...

I'm a stay at home mom and I'm finding it very hard to be productive today. I watched the 82 iron bowl. That was nice because I was 10 years old in 1982 and lived up north and never heard of Auburn yet. It would be 2 years later I would first step foot on the plains and would be home. I have always seen the "Bo over the top" play but never the game so I'm glad I saw it. I'm now re-watching the 2003 iron bowl and my poor kids keep asking for lunch! Guess I should go be productive and feed them so I can continue to be non productive watching the take over.

The 2003 ironbowl really frustrated me, tuberville should have blown bama off the field. But as expected, he finds some way to let teams make it competitive in the end. Go ahead and flame away but we should have crushed their spirit in that game. To be honest it should have been a 21-28pt victory for AU

The 2003 ironbowl really frustrated me, tuberville should have blown bama off the field. But as expected, he finds some way to let teams make it competitive in the end. Go ahead and flame away but we should have crushed their spirit in that game. To be honest it should have been a 21-28pt victory for AU

Fear the thumb... 6 years in a row. That's all I'll say.

Lol I know we've all seen the game 10 times, but SEC Network literally skipped THE play by Mike Dyer... So dumb.

Lol I know we've all seen the game 10 times, but SEC Network literally skipped THE play by Mike Dyer... So dumb.

"Due to time constraints." What?!?!?!

I know!!! My son came down and sat down and was asking about the game and it was tied in the 4th. I started to tell him at commercial to just wait and see what happens... A big play by Dyer is coming up. Then we come back from commercial and Auburn's in the red zone? I was so mad!! Why not cut out all the commentary and discussion between plays and show more plays? Or better yet, cut back on the commercials!! Tried to explain the play to my son and offered to show him on YouTube but he lost interest by that point. SMH

I hate that crap. They own the frickin' network so why are there these alleged "time constraints" anyway? It makes no sense whatsoever. These would be so much better to watch if they would just cut the halftime and air the entire game.

Archived