Cameron Toney

So I'm confused: I thought Cameron Toney left the team. I just read an article on Rivals that mentions him as one of a few people who might break out from a reserve role this year. What's up?

Swain was the linebacker that left. Kameron Melton left, maybe you've mixed him up with one of them? Toney was first moved to H-back on offense, then back to LB. I suppose he has as good a chance as any of becoming a starting LB this year, it's not like those in front of him have been world beaters.

Swain was the linebacker that left. Kameron Melton left, maybe you've mixed him up with one of them? Toney was first moved to H-back on offense, then back to LB. I suppose he has as good a chance as any of becoming a starting LB this year, it's not like those in front of him have been world beaters.

The man stays on message. Nobody can say otherwise.

I'll change my tune a bit if or when we have a linebacker that performs well enough to get as much as a second team all-SEC selection. Even an honorable mention or "also ran" would be nice, it's been several years since we've had one of those.

I'll change my tune a bit if or when we have a linebacker that performs well enough to get as much as a second team all-SEC selection. Even an honorable mention or "also ran" would be nice, it's been several years since we've had one of those.

"Did Toney leave the team?"

"Frost and McKinzey suck."

To add on to your tune metaphor, if you were in a church choir you'd just keep singing the same hymn no matter what everybody else was singing :)

To add on to your tune metaphor, if you were in a church choir you'd just keep singing the same hymn no matter what everybody else was singing :)

Oh, no. I'd change my tune as soon as the hymn changed, just as I'll change this tune as soon as the LB situation improves. In the meantime, I did answer the OP's question. Where's my credit for that??? :)

I to am hoping that our LB play improves. Best I remember, Toney was supposed to be pretty good. Kinda puzzling why he hasn't developed more to this point.

Oh, no. I'd change my tune as soon as the hymn changed, just as I'll change this tune as soon as the LB situation improves. In the meantime, I did answer the OP's question. Where's my credit for that??? :)

I vote that everyone pitch in to buy a Christmas present for Mikey....a dead horse so that he can beat it anytime he wants :-\

To add on to your tune metaphor, if you were in a church choir you'd just keep singing the same hymn no matter what everybody else was singing :)/>

Oh, no. I'd change my tune as soon as the hymn changed, just as I'll change this tune as soon as the LB situation improves. In the meantime, I did answer the OP's question. Where's my credit for that??? :)/>

Actually, you totally did.

Mikey 17

Loof 7

I hate it when Mikey wins!

^I still don't comprehend, what people can't/don't understand about this ^

I vote that everyone pitch in to buy a Christmas present for Mikey....a dead horse so that he can beat it anytime he wants :-\

Use the money to buy AU some linebackers, I already have a horse graveyard. Five are buried there, each with its own marker. One of my current rides is a 19 year-old so it probably won't be too many more years before I have another dead horse to bury. I hope your LB fund comes through with some LB's before Ol' Red plays out!

To add on to your tune metaphor, if you were in a church choir you'd just keep singing the same hymn no matter what everybody else was singing :)/>

Oh, no. I'd change my tune as soon as the hymn changed, just as I'll change this tune as soon as the LB situation improves. In the meantime, I did answer the OP's question. Where's my credit for that??? :)/>

I vote that everyone pitch in to buy a Christmas present for Mikey....a dead horse so that he can beat it anytime he wants :-\/>

Use the money to buy AU some linebackers, I already have a horse graveyard. Five are buried there, each with its own marker. One of my current rides is a 19 year-old so it probably won't be too many more years before I have another dead horse to bury. I hope your LB fund comes through with some LB's before Ol' Red plays out!

I'd do it but, if I'm not mistaken, Auburn could potentially get in trouble for that.

All that is needed is to have a solid LB coach that can tap the potential of Frost, Mckinzey, and Toney. This group will play well this season, and the LB position will be much stronger than the past seasons. With the defensive staff we now have, many players on this side of the ball will have their full potential tapped in a very positive way.

All that is needed is to have a solid LB coach that can tap the potential of Frost, Mckinzey, and Toney. This group will play well this season, and the LB position will be much stronger than the past seasons. With the defensive staff we now have, many players on this side of the ball will have their full potential tapped in a very positive way.

I'll believe this when I see Mikey say it.

I'll say it AFTER I see it. We've heard a lot of talk the talk and very little walk the walk in the LB department.

I'll say it AFTER I see it. We've heard a lot of talk the talk and very little walk the walk in the LB department.

How many games will prove it to you?

^^This^^

I wish everyone on this board felt the same way......

How many games will prove it to you?

If we have a couple of second team or even honorable mention all-SEC linebackers they will have improved. Remember, this time last year "2014 is going to be their season because they've been playing for a long time, their names are known now and they will be winning honors"? Except, of course, the on-field performance of our LB corps was such that, names known or not, they got voted for....nothing. When/if their performance moves all the way up to ordinary we'll all recognize the improvements.

Archived