Ole Miss OL, Laremy Tunsil, arrested for punching step father.

Maverick.AU

"His stepfather shoved his mom and Laremy punched him," a source said. "It's as simple as that. He was defending his mother."

Taking the report as truth, I really respect the kid for defending his mother.

http://espn.go.com/c...hing-stepfather

Statement from Hugh Freeze: "We can confirm that Laremy Tunsil turned himself in and was arrested for a misdemeanor, domestic violence simple assault. The incident occurred Thursday night and involves Laremy defending his mother against his stepfather. Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently but I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family. Laremy and his mother have also pressed charges against the stepfather. As we gather more facts, we will act and make decisions accordingly."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Future 1st rounder. Total beast of a guy. Would not want to be punched by him! Glad he defended his mom.

i'm with him for sticking up for his mom. only issue for him could be is if his mom was the instigator. still hard to fault him.

i'm with him for sticking up for his mom. only issue for him could be is if his mom was the instigator. still hard to fault him.

Doesn't matter who started it, if it was only words then there was no reason to get physical with her and vice versa...people just need to step away once something gets that heated where you want to take a swing at someone.

Doesn't matter who started it, if it was only words then there was no reason to get physical with her and vice versa...people just need to step away once something gets that heated where you want to take a swing at someone.

All of that makes sense until you factor in the fact that the stepfather put his hands on his mother, IMO

Guess in the opinion of some of the males on this board, Laremy is a mysoginist for acting like and doing what a man should.

All of that makes sense until you factor in the fact that the stepfather put his hands on his mother, IMO

I may not have made myself clear...I wasn't speaking about the young man but the stepfather...there is no need to let a situation escalate to the point of violence. Walk away and cool down... I don't blame the young man for sticking up for his mother. I think that it is a good thing and he shouldn't be punished for it. I am stating that in a domestic situation, there is no need to rise to the level of violence. If your homelife is that bad maybe you don't need to be married anymore....

I'm thinking the stepfather isn't the brightest crayon in the box for putting his hands on that dude's mom while Laremy is still in the general vicinity.

Guess in the opinion of some of the males on this board, Laremy is a mysoginist for acting like and doing what a man should.

you don't have to bring that here. haven't you been shamed enough?

"His stepfather shoved his mom and Laremy punched him," a source said. "It's as simple as that. He was defending his mother."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13159375/ole-miss-tackle-laremy-tunsil-arrested-domestic-violence-punching-stepfather

Statement from Hugh Freeze: "We can confirm that Laremy Tunsil turned himself in and was arrested for a misdemeanor, domestic violence simple assault. The incident occurred Thursday night and involves Laremy defending his mother against his stepfather. Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently but I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family. Laremy and his mother have also pressed charges against the stepfather. As we gather more facts, we will act and make decisions accordingly."

Why does Tunsil's family live in Oxford, MS?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13159375/ole-miss-tackle-laremy-tunsil-arrested-domestic-violence-punching-stepfather

Probably moved there to be close to Laremy. Nice place to live, Oxford.

Perhaps Trent Richardson's mom set them up with a sweet house sitting job?

Freeze pulled in a recruting class that year that raised a few eyebrows. I was just curious why the family pick up and left Lake City, FL and now lives in Oxford.........

Freeze pulled in a recruting class that year that raised a few eyebrows. I was just curious why the family pick up and left Lake City, FL and now lives in Oxford.........

Freeze is a great recruiter, and Ole Miss isn't a hard sell once you've got kids on campus. Its really that simple. He had some fortuitous circumstances when he recruited his first class, including some very good in state talent, and having the number one recruit in the country's brother already on campus.

I'm not sure why you are so curious why a player's family would move to Oxford. Its not hard to understand why a family would want to be close to their child, not to mention a kid who's about to be a multi-millionaire.

Freeze is a great recruiter, and Ole Miss isn't a hard sell once you've got kids on campus. Its really that simple. He had some fortuitous circumstances when he recruited his first class, including some very good in state talent, and having the number one recruit in the country's brother already on campus.

I'm not sure why you are so curious why a player's family would move to Oxford. Its not hard to understand why a family would want to be close to their child, not to mention a kid who's about to be a multi-millionaire.

I agree Freeze is a great recruiter and I am not on either side of this argument, but he does bring up a valid thought. It can be odd that parents get up and move to the same town their kid is going to school, especially when u look at how that happened at SMU. Not to mention that class raised a ton of eyebrows from both fans to the media. I believe Treadwell and another recruit were also flashing money on Twitter shortly after visits/signing but they were soon deleted.

A parent may not follow their joe average kid to college ... But a a family may go to "protect/oversee/shield/guide" their multimillion dollar family "investment"

Heck ... Didn't keihl fraziers dad essentially do the same or similar thing? At least until we AE people ran him off!

I agree Freeze is a great recruiter and I am not on either side of this argument, but he does bring up a valid thought. It can be odd that parents get up and move to the same town their kid is going to school, especially when u look at how that happened at SMU. Not to mention that class raised a ton of eyebrows from both fans to the media. I believe Treadwell and another recruit were also flashing money on Twitter shortly after visits/signing but they were soon deleted.

It raised eyebrows because Ole Miss historically had not recruited that well. A kid flashing a few twenty dollar bills on twitter isn't a valid reason for suspicion of wrongdoing. People didn't and still don't want to give credit where credit is due, because they just can't understand how Ole Miss could possibly recruit so well. Like I said earlier, Freeze is an excellent recruiter, who in that year had some fortuitous circumstances that he talks about openly as helping them recruit the class they did. And, to his credit, he's been putting a darn good product on the field.

To me, its really petty to try and raise suspicion over something as innocuous as a player's family moving to the place where their child plays football. Has an Auburn player's family never moved to Auburn?

A parent may not follow their joe average kid to college ... But a a family may go to "protect/oversee/shield/guide" their multimillion dollar family "investment"

Heck ... Didn't keihl fraziers dad essentially do the same or similar thing? At least until we AE people ran him off!

we(not me) did run him off the boards. I think we did the same to jake Holland's dad. But robin explained that he simply transferred to Columbus ga with the company he worked for for several years. Not a big deal for him.

I'm with 'Stache and Barnacle. 'Stache offers a very practical possible explanation and Barnacle makes a good case- that I was already inclined to agree with- that it's better not to speculate in the first place.

Also, there's a presumption that most elite football players come from families who can't afford nice things. I won't fixate on why that presumption exists, but every once in awhile a kid drives a Dodge Charger because, between him and his parents, he can afford to buy or lease a Dodge Charger. Or maybe they can afford to move to Oxford, MS. Or, if the aforementioned presumption is correct, then maybe there wasn't some lucrative job anchoring them to Lake City.

Buuuuuuut the imagination will always come up with something more fun and interesting to explain the easily explainable. There are always heroes and villains, and our guys are never the villains.

I'm with 'Stache and Barnacle. 'Stache offers a very practical possible explanation and Barnacle makes a good case- that I was already inclined to agree with- that it's better not to speculate in the first place.

Also, there's a presumption that most elite football players come from families who can't afford nice things. I won't fixate on why that presumption exists, but every once in awhile a kid drives a Dodge Charger because, between him and his parents, he can afford to buy or lease a Dodge Charger. Or maybe they can afford to move to Oxford, MS. Or, if the aforementioned presumption is correct, then maybe there wasn't some lucrative job anchoring them to Lake City.

Buuuuuuut the imagination will always come up with something more fun and interesting to explain the easily explainable. There are always heroes and villains, and our guys are never the villains.

yep, yep and yep

Archived