2016 4* OT Landon Dickerson (FSU Signee)

ellitor

He visited a few weeks ago during an AU camp and was very impressed by AU. Could be another AU-Michigan battle. Those 2 schools are the only ones he has OVs set for.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have a solid class of DLs when February 2016 rolls around. I trust our coaches to bring in the best talent that they know will make Auburn a defensive nightmare for SEC opponents. Auburn will become the most dreaded team to face after they see the deadliest offense and defense they will face all season.

We will have a solid class of DLs when February 2016 rolls around. I trust our coaches to bring in the best talent that they know will make Auburn a defensive nightmare for SEC opponents. Auburn will become the most dreaded team to face after they see the deadliest offense and defense they will face all season.

Yep. But Landon is an OT, not a DT.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep an eye on this kid. He likes AU A LOT!

Read he said AU has been his best visit yet. Looking good.

When possible, can someone post a profile in the o.p.? I mean, I'm sure you guys aren't busy or anything. :)

Thanks y'allz.

Not a proper profile, but just to tide you over:

4_3605080.jpg

-6'5, 293

-Composite 74th best player in the country, 10th best OT in the country, 3rd best player in North Carolina

-247's 24th best player in the country, 5th best tackle and 2nd best player in North Carolina

-Being recruited by Coach Grimes

http://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Dickerson-76786

When possible, can someone post a profile in the o.p.? I mean, I'm sure you guys aren't busy or anything. :)/>

Thanks y'allz.

Not a proper profile, but just to HOLD you over:

4_3605080.jpg

-6'5, 293

-Composite 74th best player in the country, 10th best OT in the country, 3rd best player in North Carolina

-247's 24th best player in the country, 5th best tackle and 2nd best player in North Carolina

http://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Dickerson-76786

FIFY

When possible, can someone post a profile in the o.p.? I mean, I'm sure you guys aren't busy or anything. :)/>

Thanks y'allz.

Not a proper profile, but just to HOLD you over:

4_3605080.jpg

-6'5, 293

http://247sports.com...Dickerson-76786

FIFY

Hahaha, took me a minute. Well played and much appreciated :thumbsup:

Interesting ....4 in-state ACC schools in NC and he's apparently not looking at any of them. Tar Heels have mostly owned the state but their NCAA problems are having some effect in several sports..it appears.

Note that South Caldwell is the home of Madison Bumgarner.......World Series MVP last year for the SF Giants.

Also, if you're a top high school player in NC you usually get the hell out. ACC just isn't cutting it for these guys like Gurley, Keith Marshall, Chris Leak, heck even our own Kris Frost.

I'm sure there are way more I can't think of off of the top of my head right now.

Really like AU's chances here if he is a take. He visited AU again Tuesday per Scout. That's 2 visits within a month.

Really like AU's chances here if he is a take. He visited AU again Tuesday per Scout. That's 2 visits within a month.

I like this. Thanks for your hard work.

Can't understand why this guy would not be a take, but I think we're still in it for a couple of 5* guys. One 5* OL (on Rivals I believe) was not a take for us Jonah Williams I think. He had to settle for UAT. I guess we have to trust Coach Grimes knows what he's doing.

Can't understand why this guy would not be a take, but I think we're still in it for a couple of 5* guys. One 5* OL (on Rivals I believe) was not a take for us Jonah Williams I think. He had to settle for UAT. I guess we have to trust Coach Grimes knows what he's doing.

Well at the time I was not sure since we are recruiting him at Guard and that's where Bro-Hamm is projected also. Word was the staff planned to only take 1 interior OL in this class...But yes, LD is a take.

Well at the time I was not sure since we are recruiting him at Guard and that's where Bro-Hamm is projected also. Word was the staff planned to only take 1 interior OL in this class...But yes, LD is a take.

That makes since since he is still visiting AU. If our staff was not that high on him he would not be visiting, since I'm sure he's a take for a ton of schools.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Recap from IB visit...

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1831858

Rivals100 offensive lineman Landon Dickerson had seen Auburn's campus and facilities during two visits over the summer.

Dickerson's official visit to Auburn for the Iron Bowl was about everything else.

"It was more of a game and academic visit for me," Dickerson said. "I got a lot of my questions about engineering and college answered and that really helped and enlightened me on the engineering side of things. I also got to see a game and witness what the atmosphere is like."

Dickerson, from South Caldwell High in Hudson, N.C., liked what he saw from his first Iron Bowl.

"I was very impressed with what I saw," Dickerson said. "I know they didn't win, but seeing the fans and how they reacted the entire game was great to see."

The four-star guard left Sunday with the Tigers among his favorites.

"This visit really helped Auburn," he said. "Right now I would say Florida State, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia and Alabama are in the top group. Depending on the head coach at Virginia Tech and if he keeps some staff or not is going to be the big question for me as to whether or not they get back in it."

Dickerson is expected to meet with several coaches this week as the Contact Period began on Sunday.

"(Auburn OL coach) J.B. Grimes is coming Wednesday," Dickerson said. "Florida State's offensive line coach is coming by on Monday or Tuesday. Georgia was scheduled to come by on Monday and Tennessee will be by on Tuesday."

Dickerson took an official visit to Florida State on Oct. 9-11, and will visit Georgia on Jan. 15-17 and Alabama on Jan. 22-24.

He doesn't have a fifth and final visit planned.

Dickerson, who is 6-foot-5 and 295 pounds, doesn't expect to make a commitment until after his visits.

"There probably won't be a decision until later on," Dickerson said. "Possibly Signing Day decision, possibly earlier. It's hard to tell."

Rivals ranks Dickerson the No. 59 overall player in the class and No. 3 player from North Carolina.

Let's see. Focused on engineering between Florida State, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia and Alabama.

One of those really seems to stand out above the others

Archived