2013 IB is the most legendary game I think I'll ever ever see

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are truly blessed to have lived to see this game. It still makes me whoop and jump up and down and get a silly grin on my face, replay after replay! Epic!!!

I watched it too. Found myself getting worked up as if I was watching for the first time. Then I had to remind myself that I know how this one ends... The kick six still gives me goosebumps

I thought the 2013 AU- UGA game would be the most epic game I ever saw in person. Then I showed up on a whim 2 weeks later bc a buddy of mine had an extra Iron Bowl ticket. The rest is history.

I'll never forget what I was doing and where I was listening to the outcome of the game.

Getting ready to close down the craft beer shop I was working in. Simply sweeping the same spot of floor for the last 2 minutes of the game.

Hearing the play unfold on live radio without television was an intense moment. I definitely whooped and hollered and pumped that broom above my head while jumping around the store. I'm glad I didn't have any customers.

My mom and I were jumping around like crazy.

I'm pretty sure I've seen video of WEAU jumping around, too.

That was a pretty common reaction, I bet!

:bananadance:

watching the game on ESPN now and even tho I know almost every play's result, it still feels as new as November 28th, 2013

anyone else feel like this?

odd choice of dates seeing as the game was played on November 30, but go with it I guess.

unbelievable ending. i saw part of the game with a former player .... that was fun to watch him. i watched the end of the game in the arena with thousands of friends. one of my guilty pleasures is knowing that the longest play that can ever be had in the history of bama football was that night ... in a loss ... to us ... by one second ...

I'm just happy that I was a student for 2 of the best seasons Auburn has ever had (2010 and 2013).

Was my first time going to an Iron Bowl. Bought tickets that morning on a whim. Best money I have ever spent.

I got to watch it with my mom and dad on TV. Both are Auburn grads, and they raised me right.

:wareagle:/>

Debatable............

LOL. I take full responsibility for anything I did wrong after leaving the house.

Funny, when I watched the UGA game two weeks prior, I was jumping up and down yelling after the TD pass. My husband said I was a crazy person to behave like that over a game. Two weeks later, he was jumping up and down and yelling right next to me after the iron bowl!!

My wife and I were standing and holding hands when he kicked the ball. By the time Davis was in the end zone... sorry, the 2nd end zone he visited on that play... I was holding my wife on my hip like a baby with one arm and had the other in the air. I honestly don't remember how she got there. Then we both on the floor screaming. Then I took off my pants and ran around the house. I did not act like I'd been there before.

Check this video out! It's pretty dang good!

My wife and I were standing and holding hands when he kicked the ball. By the time Davis was in the end zone... sorry, the 2nd end zone he visited on that play... I was holding my wife on my hip like a baby with one arm and had the other in the air. I honestly don't remember how she got there. Then we both on the floor screaming. Then I took off my pants and ran around the house. I did not act like I'd been there before.

Because you hadn't been there before. IIRC, that's the first time in history of college football that a game ended and was won on a 100 yard (+, but the plus doesn't count) return of a missed FG, at least in D1/FBS. Plus it was the Iron Bowl, and it was the bammers and their head coach begging for that second. Glad they got it! :)

I can't recall how many times I have watched the replay but EVERY time I get chills especially when I hear Rod Bramlett say " There goes Davis"! My daughter and I were sitting in the north end zone and he was running straight toward us. When he hit the 50 we knew he was going to score. Can't put into words the next four or five seconds. Pure exhilaration! I have been to hundreds of Auburn games and seem some thrilling endings but nothing comes close. It was the ending you couldn't even have imagined- our arch rival, rated #1, 10 point underdog and a missed field goal return because their arrogant coach begged for and got an extra second!! I get excited again just thinking about it!! War Eagle Always!

I hadn't cried because of a football game since I was a little kid... That changed after this game.

Hell, nobody'd been there before. I was making such noises my wife (who was watching the start of the Clemson game in the other room) thought I'd broken something or cut a finger off.

Archived