Alabama Democrat: Republicans are racist, homophobic Confederate flag wavers

AUtiger98

Yep, she posted it. Then she deleted it. Link

Montgomery County Revenue Commissioner Janet Buskey is coming under fire Thursday after she allegedly posted a politically-charged rant on Facebook.

Though the original post has now been deleted, WSFA in Montgomery obtained a screenshot of it and posted the text.

The top 3 scariest things to me on the face of the earth are:

1. Racist (with or without guns)

2. Homophobes

3. Republicans…wait that is redundant…hmmm…make that Clowns…wait that is redundant…Confederate flag wavers…wait…FB messenger.

On a side note, she's got enough game to post around here if the hole public office thing doesn't workout.

It's okay to post things like that if you are a democrat and it's true, right?

I think after she hugged Obama she gained and enlightenment that we would not understand. Short answer is yes.

Wonder if she'd be shocked to find out that most blacks and latinos aren't thrilled w/ the gay marriage ruling either.

What's that make them ?

Here is her absurd response:

Buskey released a statement on Thursday saying:

There have been recent news reports and comments on social media regarding statements I made on my personal Facebook account. There is no doubt that I inartfully stated some personal concerns I have in a very broad-brush and partisan manner. I certainly regret the manner in which I articulated my personal concerns but wanted to convey to the citizens of Montgomery County, Alabama that as Revenue Commissioner I have and I will always honor my oath of office. I have and I continue to carry out my responsibilities lawfully and in a nondiscriminatory manner. I plan to continue to do so to the best of my God-given ability, to the best of my education and training and to the best of my experience.

I perhaps could end my statement at this point, but I would be concerned about how my social media statements may continue to be characterized by others. As an individual citizen of this city, this county, this state and this nation, I have had and continue to have very personal concerns about issues that have been raised by the various debates regarding healthcare, race, and partisan politics. What I never intended to do, but regretfully it appears that I did do was to paint with a broad brush all people of a political party. It is something I would not want anyone to do to me and I understand that no one would want that done to them. Rather than making a statement that was more statesmanlike, my words became fodder for partisan politics.

I strongly believe in human rights and to the extent that others might impose biases upon the rights of any citizen is a threat to me personally. What these biases might be to one is something else to others. I failed to say something as it relates to me personally. I truly believe that our country would be better off if we as a people would set aside biases that distract us from progressing both locally and nationally. That should have been the takeaway from my statement.

When Donald Trump says what he feels, he's a racist.

When Democrats do it, they " inartfully " misspeak.

Did she make that statement after she resigned?

You're kidding right? Forced resignations are for the Brandon Eichs of the world. Not for enlightened progressives.

What a hoot..."what I never intended to do was paint one political party with a broadbrush"...Wow...what an outrageous liar..

There have been recent news reports and comments on social media regarding statements I made on my personal Facebook account. There is no doubt that I inartfully stated some personal concerns I have in a very broad-brush and partisan manner. I certainly regret the manner in which I articulated my personal concerns but wanted to convey to the citizens of Montgomery County, Alabama that as Revenue Commissioner I have and I will always honor my oath of office. I have and I continue to carry out my responsibilities lawfully and in a nondiscriminatory manner. I plan to continue to do so to the best of my God-given ability, to the best of my education and training and to the best of my experience.

I perhaps could end my statement at this point, but I would be concerned about how my social media statements may continue to be characterized by others. As an individual citizen of this city, this county, this state and this nation, I have had and continue to have very personal concerns about issues that have been raised by the various debates regarding healthcare, race, and partisan politics. What I never intended to do, but regretfully it appears that I did do was to paint with a broad brush all people of a political party. It is something I would not want anyone to do to me and I understand that no one would want that done to them. Rather than making a statement that was more statesmanlike, my words became fodder for partisan politics.

I strongly believe in human rights and to the extent that others might impose biases upon the rights of any citizen is a threat to me personally. What these biases might be to one is something else to others. I failed to say something as it relates to me personally. I truly believe that our country would be better off if we as a people would set aside biases that distract us from progressing both locally and nationally. That should have been the takeaway from my statement.

What happened to the standard excuse, "Some unknown person hacked into my Facebook account and posted that...."

What happened to the standard excuse, "Some unknown person hacked into my Facebook account and posted that...."

Or, her words were taken out of context...

What a hoot..."what I never intended to do was paint one political party with a broadbrush"...Wow...what an outrageous liar..

She meant to say she didn't intend for anyone to be paying attention who didn't fully agree w/ her, but that darn social media thingy...

She should study the history of the dem party. Knowledge is your friend...

Archived