In Colorado, VA Officials Retire ‘Unscathed’ From Role in Growing Scandal

DKW 86

http://townhall.com/...candal-n2019574

Veterans Affairs employees in Aurora, Colorado, who played a role in the agency’s expanding scandal, have found a way to escape punishment – they’re retiring.

In May, the building of the Aurora Veterans Affairs department was $1 billion over budget and more than a year behind schedule, ABC News reported. Taxpayers were forced to shell out hundreds of millions of dollars to bring it back on track. Contributing factors to the project's slow progress included "changes to veterans' health care needs, site-acquisition issues, and a decision in Denver to change plans from a medical center shared with a local medical university to a standalone VA medical center." Thanks to the expensive mess, Aurora was named the “biggest construction failure” in the agency’s history.

Two particular VA employees played a role in Aurora’s earning that title, but they’re quietly exiting stage left.

But now that
and
have left the Department of Veterans Affairs, it is unlikely they will face any punishment for their part in developing the over-budget medical complex.
It's now estimated to cost $1.73 billion.
(Original estimate was $571M. It will finish $1.14B or 200+% over budget.)

In a hearing last week, VA Deputy Secretary Sloan Gibson explained that the administration is powerless to punish employees once they’ve left their positions.

There is always Civil Court and Negligence? Maybe other Civil Charges?

PLEASE DO THE VIDEO. It is really interesting.The VA IG Retires Tomorrow after 43 Years of Incompetence.

The list of fails this guy let happen is mindboggling.

Having participated in many, many successful government building projects, I can not believe this is possible.

Having been a "whistle blower" and reported fraud on a government building project, having participated in a few less than stellar projects, I know exactly how it is possible.

They could get to the bottom if this BS in two days, IF they wanted to do that.

Having participated in many, many successful government building projects, I can not believe this is possible.

Having been a "whistle blower" and reported fraud on a government building project, having participated in a few less than stellar projects, I know exactly how it is possible.

They could get to the bottom if this BS in two days, IF they wanted to do that.

:thumbsup:

Archived