The Best Cure

Hello all, hope you are well.

I spent almost a month camping, hiking, and rafting in the Grand Canyon. No phones, no TV, no internet..... all amazement and peace. I also got to spend a majority of it with an amazing woman that was doing many of the same activities. Course she was a Oregon graduate... I know booooooo! football.... and she also went to Cal...............I know I know more booooo! hissssss! stone her!! for political reasons. She was a Asian Pacific/African American mix............wait what?!?!?!...... and I'm what would be considered white Southern male and we hit it off and more. In this day and age. I know more booo! hissssss!, stone em, hang em, exile them lol. Then we had so much fun at the expense of each others cultures.

Point is, amazing how with out all that other stuff, how easy it was for just two people regardless of differences to just enjoy each other, life, adventure, and one of God's amazing creations. All of you should try it one day. Amazing trip.

She was a Asian Pacific/African American mix............wait what?!?!?!...... and I'm what would be considered white Southern male and we hit it off and more

If y'all clicked and had fun, I don't see how that's an issue.

:gofig:

Only potential hiccup I saw was the Oregon football thing. Move past that and of course you're golden :)

Glad you a had a nice trip!

The part that struck me most about your post, and what was most enticing was:

...no phones, no tv, no internet...

Only potential hiccup I saw was the Oregon football thing. Move past that and of course you're golden :)/>

Oregon football reminds me of Oregon cheerleaders. Hence the request for pictures.

Only potential hiccup I saw was the Oregon football thing. Move past that and of course you're golden :)/>

Oregon football reminds me of Oregon cheerleaders. Hence the request for pictures.

You read my mind. ;)

This has to be his "best cure." Other than that, maybe his fling with the Asian chick was his cure by capitulating to culture norms?

Not a single luxury?

She was a Asian Pacific/African American mix............wait what?!?!?!...... and I'm what would be considered white Southern male and we hit it off and more

If y'all clicked and had fun, I don't see how that's an issue.

:gofig:

Well, kinda walked out of the canyon and the first thing on TV I see is Rebel flag debate lol. It was a joke about society.

pictures?

Maybe, I'm not really one for sharing pictures on the net and social media. She cross-fits and half marathons, she isn't 21 though. She is in her 30's. But she would do Oregon proud for stereotypes.

Oh, the race thing? I guess every culture and race sees their own as pure or somesuch. Such views are not exclusive to one group.

Not a single luxury?

There was one >:D .

No service out there for the majority of it. On the rafting trip you are busy rafting or hiking to and from a destination (pools, geological formations, Native American landmarks). Guides are great story tellers and performers, as well as awesome cooks. You had some board games, frisbee, a football You got tents, cots, and clothes. Bathe with baby wipes or in the river (a crew did set up bathrooms though lol). Guides had some battery generators and sat phones. I and several others had small solar ones so you could charge a ipod, fitbit, iphone. Many were tracking their exercise with apps on the trip or using phone as camera. I would recommend taking one you didn't mind losing or getting damaged to be truthful on the rafting tours though.

So ya. Pretty much just you and nature with no outside contact.

This has to be his "best cure." Other than that, maybe his fling with the Asian chick was his cure by capitulating to culture norms?

The disconnect from everything. The fling was awesome also. But just the being away from all the BS of the modern world.

Oh, the races thing? I guess every culture and race sees their own as pure or somesuch. Such views are not exclusive to one group.

Your looking too deep man. It was a joke about our races. While in the canyon there was none of that, it didn't matter, noone cared, noone heard anything about any of that type of stuff. Noone was superior (well except for when we were goofing off with the football and I stiff armed her and said Cam! haha). It was just no BS good times. Then you exit the canyon, look at the world and go damn... can we go back lol?

The disconnect from everything. The fling was awesome also. But just the being away from all the BS of the modern world.

When times were so much better than having to see everyone constantly checking their stupid phones or Facebook or message boards. Sometimes I wish the internet and all of these networks would just crash and never come back online.

pictures?

Maybe, I'm not really one for sharing pictures on the net and social media. She cross-fits and half marathons, she isn't 21 though. She is in her 30's. But she would do Oregon proud for stereotypes.

30's is just fine for us old folk. 21 is too young for me anyway. Any female who is young enough to be my daughter makes me feel like a dirty old man. Anyway glad you had a good time and hope you can keep contact with this lady. It doesn't happen everyday.

When times were so much better than having to see everyone constantly checking their stupid phones or Facebook or message boards. Sometimes I wish the internet and all of these networks would just crash and never come back online.

OMG this. It was so nice to talk to people with out them looking at their phone! I kinda wish they would crash also.

pictures?

30's is just fine for us old folk. 21 is too young for me anyway. Any female who is young enough to be my daughter makes me feel like a dirty old man. Anyway glad you had a good time and hope you can keep contact with this lady. It doesn't happen everyday.

If a girl is too young to remember Keith Sweat or know at least a few lines from "twisted" or "nobody" then nope, too young.

Archived