Catlin Jenner?

doc4aday

buce

Good one, Doc! I don't think Doc is making fun of Jenner because he/she is different. He's making a joke because Bruce Jenner was on the front of Wheaties cereal as a man and could be on the front of Sweeties as a woman. My guess is that Jenner would be happy to pose for the right price. This post is in the Woodshed. People need to lighten up.

• 3 weeks later...

God created him a man. I won't make fun of him/her, but it's a damn shame our society makes Jenner out to be a hero, when so many Christians get persecuted for showing their faith. It's a shame the society we live in. God have mercy on us all.

It's a shame to these folks that ESPN went from the likes of:

to the likes of

With this trend* you'd probably get even-money for ESPN to once again

Exploit

Sexual

Perversion

Next year ?

* (can you say agenda) Sorry if I've offended anyone; however hundreds of thousand have kicked cancer, hundreds of thousands have admitted to liking the same sex, and besides having already seen enough of the Kardashian tribe thousand of transgender have gone under the knife - for decades now.

List from: Wikipedia

It's a shame to these folks that ESPN went from the likes of:

to the likes of

With this trend* you'd probably get even-money for ESPN to once again

Exploit

Sexual

Perversion

Next year ?

* (can you say agenda) Sorry if I've offended anyone; however hundreds of thousand have kicked cancer, hundreds of thousands have admitted to liking the same sex, and besides having already seen enough of the Kardashian tribe thousand of transgender have gone under the knife - for decades now.

List from: Wikipedia

Sam and Jenner I get and don't entirely disagree, but I don't think Roberts was a bad choice. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Making fun of people for being different is juvenile and weak.

I am neither juvenile nor weak. Just smart and ahead of the pack!

I agree with you Doc. It's called wisdom.

Does that include me? I make fun of bird for being different all the time

Hey....you would probably make fun of my golf swing! That indeed makes you wise. If you ever make a trip north to the great state of North Carolina, I will treat you to round of golf on the most treacherous par 3, 18 hole course in the southeast.

Then how do you explain editing your OP?

I don't think this is about being different....if he/she had just gone about the surgical procedures and then gone on with her life like a normal 66 year old woman, nobody would have known and Caitlyn would just be another person who made that decision.

BUT, what is pathetic in my view is that this 66 year old transgendered female is now posing on magazine covers in sexy poses with a surgically reconstructed body....now that's pitiful. And of course the other thing that IMO is even pitiful, is that the national media have clamored to make a celebrity out of her.....making her another Kardasian....a person now famous for doing nothing important.

Meanwhile, it's as if Bruce Jenner, the remarkable athlete never existed. Perhaps it's happened but I wonder if any media person has the guts to ask about those Olympic accomplishments and how she feels about them now.

I don't think this is about being different....if he/she had just gone about the surgical procedures and then gone on with her life like a normal 66 year old woman, nobody would have known and Caitlyn would just be another person who made that decision.

BUT, what is pathetic in my view is that this 66 year old transgendered female is now posing on magazine covers in sexy poses with a surgically reconstructed body....now that's pitiful. And of course the other thing that IMO is even pitiful, is that the national media have clamored to make a celebrity out of her.....making her another Kardasian....a person now famous for doing nothing important.

Meanwhile, it's as if Bruce Jenner, the remarkable athlete never existed. Perhaps it's happened but I wonder if any media person has the guts to ask about those Olympic accomplishments and how she feels about them now.

Well, I am not sure whether the meaning is about "being different" or, how she has gone about being different really matters. In my opinion, your thoughts are disingenuous.

The OP, before it was edited, called for making fun of her. Why? Has she hurt anyone by breaking social norms? Or, is it simply a way for some to feel better about themselves? If the latter is in fact correct, is that not "pathetic and pitiful"? Juvenile and weak?

While I respect your right to your opinion, I have to question your desire to judge someone who, you do not really know, hasn't broken the law, hasn't harmed anyone.

Ha! Ha! I didn't think anybody caught that! Panera bread was dang good though!

It was classic. I laughed about 20 times later in the day just thinking about "you are dead to me".

Well, I am not sure whether the meaning is about "being different" or, how she has gone about being different really matters. In my opinion, your thoughts are disingenuous.

The OP, before it was edited, called for making fun of her. Why? Has she hurt anyone by breaking social norms? Or, is it simply a way for some to feel better about themselves? If the latter is in fact correct, is that not "pathetic and pitiful"? Juvenile and weak?

While I respect your right to your opinion, I have to question your desire to judge someone who, you do not really know, hasn't broken the law, hasn't harmed anyone.

Good point I guess.. As for my view, I'm even more irritated at the national media for the "social statement" they are making by fawning after CJ and the ESPN "courage award" or whatever. These days it seems that everything is about the money so guess I can't blame CJ for taking advantage of the current lack of culture to bring in a few bucks.

Meanwhile, perhaps .you need to search around to the Media forum and chastise everyone who is making fun of Nick Saban....seems he fits all of the criteria you mention and yet folks on this board say far worse things about him that I did about CJ....and do so about every day.

My 2 cents... As a Christian, I am doing my best to not judge him as it's not my place. If he isn't and never will be Saved, then I am sad for him. However, what he does with his body and sense of being is up to him and none of my business. But with that said, that's just it.....it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS so why does he feel compelled to make it EVERYBODY'S business?? Keep it to yourself man.

Plus, as a parent of 2 six year old girls, and speaking for many (dare maybe, most?) parents out there, we don't need this stuff plastered on primetime TV and magazines in the market check-out line. This goes for any alternative lifestyle. Why do "they" have the right to say and do whatever they want/whenever they want yet "we" whether Christians or (even if you're non-religious) Conservatives have NO right to be free of having things we don't like forced upon us? At 6 my girls are still fairly oblivious to this stuff but in the next few years....

It's gone from a pretty simple explanation of the birds and the bees to explaining all kinds of garbage now because you cannot protect their eyes and ears from it since the media has deemed it necessary to glorify and apply sainthood to people who are simply (selfishly, in many cases) doing things that SHOULD BE PRIVATE!

Forget Christians and Conservatives for a minute... shouldn't parents of small children, who are doing their best to raise them with their values, as best they can, be protected from the completely unnecessary deluge of this stuff to give us the best chance to keep them safe from confusion? Put this stuff on the TOP shelf of the magazine section...keep the TV coverage to after 9-10pm (which oddly enough, they used to do). Hey, if it's "their" right to plaster their business all over the place and say "I DARE you to be offended" then shouldn't it be "our" right to at least have some say as to when and where it's done, ie: away from places where children are prevalent?? I personally feel that our rights, as parents, to raise our children in a safe environment should be more important than a 60-ish year old man's right to change his body and say "look at me, look at me"!

This isn't about Bruce/Caitlyn's decision to be who he/she is. That's fine and God bless him. As a Christian I hope he's Saved or will be Saved. But this is about free speech. I suspect that the forefather's of free speech expected it would be used with some sense of responsibility and today's media is NOT what they had in mind. I don't believe "Free Speech" should be "Freedom from Responsibility Speech".

Then how do you explain editing your OP?

What editing? It was there one day and gone the next. Relax.....God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Archived