Bammer Strength Numbers

eagle76

At my age, weight lifting for max is a thing of the long ago past. I will lift only to stay in shape and tone. Keeping up with college football lifting stats is not high on my list. But reading the referenced article just didn’t seem right. QB’s lifting close to 300 and DB’s lifting over twice their body weight. RB's at 450, WR's at 400, OL/DL at over 500 and LB's at over 450. Just seems high to me but like I said I haven’t kept up with this area. I know that bammer’s s&c coach prides himself on high max numbers. I also know that max strength and explosive strength are entirely different. Two different camps as far as what is important in football. I would like to hear comments from those in the know as to if these numbers seem feasible and how AU approaches strength training – max vs explosive. Thanks

http://www.al.com/al...ml#incart_river

At my age, weight lifting for max is a thing of the long ago past. I will lift only to stay in shape and tone. Keeping up with college football lifting stats is not high on my list. But reading the referenced article just didn’t seem right. QB’s lifting close to 300 and DB’s lifting over twice their body weight. RB's at 450, WR's at 400, OL/DL at over 500 and LB's at over 450. Just seems high to me but like I said I haven’t kept up with this area. I know that bammer’s s&c coach prides himself on high max numbers. I also know that max strength and explosive strength are entirely different. Two different camps as far as what is important in football. I would like to hear comments from those in the know as to if these numbers seem feasible and how AU approaches strength training – max vs explosive. Thanks

http://www.al.com/al...ml#incart_river

With the offense they used to run and the defense they used to field, this was OK. You'll see the drop off start soon when they are strong but super slow ;)

With enormous amounts of money spent on nutrition programs, supplements, and high tech equipment, it's really not that far fetched for these guys in their prime to pack that much muscle on and to get that strong. I hate the turds but it is common.

Every year at this time there are ___ number of articles written about ___ team being the strongest they have ever been.

Folks, even Finebaum nukes this crapola.

Every year at this time there are ___ number of articles written about ___ team being the strongest they have ever been.

Folks, even Finebaum nukes this crapola.

This X 10000000000

There's nothing else to discuss in the off-season so they have to print something even if it's crapola.

• 2 weeks later...

Maximum strength is able to be converted to explosive strength. That's typically the progression for college football lifting programs. There are 4 phases:

1 - anatomical adaptation

2 - maximum strength

3 - conversion (could be power, power endurance, muscular endurance, etc. depending on the sport)

4 - competitive phase (in season)

i know almost nothing about this. i do work with a guy who is 42 and looks like he could play in nfl now or should be in WWE. He played football at alabama aNm. I am told he has come close to 600 but never asked him myself. he told me the combine competition of 225x had to be trained for. basically it is not what they normally train for.

Archived