SEC Media Days

aucanucktiger

Thought we might as well have a thread for it. So far, the new commish has had his say and ESPN's David Pollack opined to assembled media that Jeremy Johnson's the best QB in the SEC.

11036413_690179477752653_1004275539928987188_n.jpg

via @FootballAU

img1774.jpg

CJ0CPZPWoAA6z7f.jpg

via @FootballAU

CJ0CWXyWoAAXTR2.jpg

via @pastorofpain

"Our future is very bright at Auburn & I'm excited to be the head coach." - CGM

CJ0FFTmWgAAaofB.png

@ESPNCFB

CJz-LR8UAAEN-CT.jpg

via @RickKarle

CJz-FSfWEAEXH-2.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

Gus Malzahn says this season mirrors 2013 more than 2014. Team has chance to improve each game.

@bmarcello

Malzahn said Tigers "faltered" from a discipline standpoint during the second half of the season. Penalties, etc.

@AUBlog

On penalties last year, Gus puts bulk on himself, but also said that it's an issue that is being addressed and has been

@DanaSulonen

Auburn's Gus Malzahn calls Will Muschamp the "best defensive mind in all of football -- not just college football."

@WesleySinor

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Will Muschamp: "He has that presence around him… he has the 'it' factor."

@AUGoldMine

Gus Malzahn on Will Muschamp's head coaching experience: "He can be a sounding board for me. I've already used him for advice."

@zach_barnett

Auburn's 2015 motto is "Count On Me"

Gus Malzahn says AU offense will run and throw using QB Jeremy Johnson as a dual threat

@SheldonFox6

Malzahn says Jeremy Johnson is "a better runner than you might think." Says the 6-5 Johnson runs a 4.6 40.

@jzenor

Malzahn on Johnson: "He can flat out throw, but he's a better runner than you might think. ... He will allow us to call all of our offense."

Malzahn on cost of attendance stipend: He's glad to have it, but doesn't think it's impacted to much (in terms of recruiting)

We've heard a handful of questions about the defense, and most Malzahn answers begin with something about the pass rush.

Malzahn on SEC West: "It's a man's league. There's no off week." Says it's the grind week in and out that makes it so much tougher

@wareagleextra

Malzahn: "The front seven should be the strength of our team."

@RyanABlack

Malzahn: I hope we figure out who that workhorse RB will be, but I like that we have three guys (including Roc Thomas) who can help us.

Malzahn: Satellite camps overblown issue. Chances of northern team coming in and getting players that Bama or Auburn wants are slim.

Malzahn: This is the second year in a row that we've had everybody (all signees) qualify. Shows character of our players, good for depth.

Malzahn: A lot of the (seven) new defensive coordinators, we've faced before.

Malzahn: The West is a grind. If you're not in it, you don't understand it.

Malzahn: Scoreboard is really big. Should be great for fans, help atmosphere. We are going to practice some in fall camp with it on.

@jmedley_star

Malzahn doesn't forget: "Just about everybody in our league has some type of tempo...even the ones that used to gripe about."

@GregO_ESPN

Malzahn on the Iron Bowl: "We're playing at home this year, and I like my chances."

@TheAUPlainsman

Johnson: "if the ball is anywhere near Duke, then I know he is going to catch it."

"Auburn is a great place with a lot of tradition. It's a great place to be role models."

CJ0Eou7XAAAknJY.jpg

@FootballAU

AU DB Jonathan Jones: "one of the reasons you come to Auburn is for the high expectations. Have to block it out, focus on the next game."

@jeff_shearer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Gus Malzahn for the first time since at Auburn actually admitted that the team had a fault and weaknesses. Very unusual for him to do that.

Also Gus Malzahn for the first time since at Auburn actually admitted that the team had a fault and weaknesses. Very unusual for him to do that.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Did he mention specifics? Assuming not as that wouldn't be in typical Gus fashion.

Interesting.

Did he mention specifics? Assuming not as that wouldn't be in typical Gus fashion.

I tuned in late to SEC Network so i'm not sure what all he said. I'm following on twitter now. A lot more information on there. JJ is getting celeb status media attention with all the reporters and fans around him. haha.

Well at least he said last season, on a better note, Malzhan said that Kerryon Johnson will be a factor and he expects him to be a part of the rotation

Most of Jeremy's questions are related to his ability to run. He stated: people will be surprised how well he runs

RIR is here to the rescue! lol. My small contribution is done.

On another note: Jim McElwain needs to go easy on the FL sun and McElroy is still a douchebag. lol.

Tune in to SEC Network if you can...Gus is speaking. Theme this year is: Count on me

On another note: Jim McElwain needs to go easy on the FL sun and McElroy is still a douchebag. lol.

Tune in to SEC Network if you can...Gus is speaking. Theme this year is: Count on me

This is the year we need to count on him Forsure. A little bit better play calling (not getting so cute with stuff) and keeping the foot on the pedal is what I want to see the most.

This is the year we need to count on him Forsure. A little bit better play calling (not getting so cute with stuff) and keeping the foot on the pedal is what I want to see the most.

True. I think he's referring to all the players counting on the guy next to them...in front and/or behind them playing wise. Everyone needs to step up and do there job. We need everybody not just the offense. That's kind of what i take away from it.

True. I think he's referring to all the players counting on the guy next to them...in front and/or behind them playing wise. Everyone needs to step up and do there job. We need everybody not just the offense. That's kind of what i take away from it.

I agree but I would also take that the players also need to trust the coaches and that they're going to be putting them in the best position possible to win. You don't hit a wall and lose confidence of u have full trust in your coaches. We had a divided team last year.

Matt HayesVerified account‏@Matt_HayesSN

Malzahn on satellite camps: The chances of a team up north coming in to our state and getting a player we or Alabama wants are slim to none.

Gus seemed like he was on a mission to day; issued a warnings to the rest of the nation. He's ready to go!

I agree but I would also take that the players also need to trust the coaches and that they're going to be putting them in the best position possible to win. You don't hit a wall and lose confidence of u have full trust in your coaches. We had a divided team last year.

Understand. Hoping all of that is behind us.

@Matt_HayesSN: Malzahn on satellite camps: The chances of a team up north coming in to our state and getting a player we or Alabama wants are slim to none.

According to what I'm reading Malzhan took no prisoners today, love it!

@Matt_HayesSN: Malzahn on satellite camps: The chances of a team up north coming in to our state and getting a player we or Alabama wants are slim to none.

According to what I'm reading Malzhan took no prisoners today, love it!

Oh he did! He put the entire country on notice today.

Archived