North Georgia - 4:30 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 17

Chipola College - 2 p.m.

Chipola College - 4:30 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 24

Valdosta State - 1 p.m.

Valdosta State - 3:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 30

Columbus State vs. NW Florida State - 2:30 p.m.

Auburn vs. NW Florida State - 4:45 p.m.

Auburn vs. Columbus State - 6:30 p.m.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this softball thing- what is fall softball? Practice season?

Basically, that is correct. Although most teams have a year round work out schedule including working with other players. No on the field coaches are allowed at these, usually just a trainer observing. Normally, as listed, they play smaller D2, D3 or JC schools at home. Some coaches will also use the games to see other players with the potential to maybe transfer but this does not happen very often except an occasional JC player. The rules have changed some since I was involved in college softball but I think they are given like 20 days of practice and/or games in the fall but they have to take at least one day off per week.

• 2 months later...

I got hooked on the lady Tigers last year. I can't wait until women's softball starts up again last years team was so awesome to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see that the 2016 schedule has been posted on the AU athletics site. Last year they began some "Invitational" and "Tournament" games in early February. The SEC schedule started the second week of March. They are fun to watch. So fortunate to have Coach Myers. During the Chipola game, the freshman, Bree Fornis was up to bat. Coach called her over for a talk and put his arm around her shoulder. She responded in such a natural way and put her arm around his back....looked like a grand father and grand daughter having a talk. Sort of touching. You could sense the respect she had for him.

Auburn completed their fall season tonight with a double header sweep. They defeated North West Florida State 19-1 and Columbus State 11-1. They ended the fall schedule outscoring their opponents 105-3.

• 9 months later...

Last year the fall ball schedule was released in July.  I have not seen anything posted so far this year.  Anyone?  I am looking forward to see some of the freshman getting a chance to play in these games as well as returning players.

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Last year the fall ball schedule was released in July.  I have not seen anything posted so far this year.  Anyone?  I am looking forward to see some of the freshman getting a chance to play in these games as well as returning players.

Not published yet.

• 5 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Admission is free to all fall Auburn softball games.

2016 Auburn Softball Fall Schedule
Date Opponent Time
Sunday, Oct. 2 Alumni Game 1 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 15 Mississippi Gulf Coast CC vs. Wallace State CC-Dothan 12 p.m.
  Mississippi Gulf Coast CC 2:30 p.m.
  Wallace State CC-Dothan 5 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 16 Daytona State CC 12 p.m.
  Daytona State 2:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 21 Wallace State CC-Hanceville 4 p.m.
  Wallace State CC-Hanceville 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29 Northwest Florida State CC vs. Columbus State 12 p.m.
  Northwest Florida State CC 2:30 p.m.
  Columbus State 5 p.m.

Sept. 7, 2016

AUBURN, Ala. – Head coach Clint Myers and his staff has released the Auburn softball fall schedule on Wednesday, featuring five home dates with games to be played at Jane B. Moore Field.

The annual slate pits Auburn against five opponents from the community college ranks and one opposition from Division II.

The Tigers kick off the schedule with the alumni game, Oct. 2, to wrap up Alumni Weekend at Auburn University. The day starts with a brief warm-up period to be followed by a slow pitch softball game at 11 a.m. Alumni will then have the chance to square off with current members of the 2016 softball team at 1 p.m.

Auburn returns to the field two weeks later when it hosts a three-team tournament on Oct. 15. The Tigers play host to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and Wallace State Community College-Dothan in a doubleheader at 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively. The two visitors will face off against each other preceding the doubleheader at 12 p.m.

On Oct. 16, Auburn will tackle Daytona State Community College in two games, with first pitch set for 12 p.m.

The Tigers then take on Wallace State Community College-Hanceville in a doubleheader on Oct. 21, with play set to begin at 4 p.m.

The following weekend, the Tigers wrap up the fall schedule with a tournament involving three teams, Oct. 29. Auburn faces Northwest Florida State Community College and Columbus State in succession, beginning at 2:30 p.m. Both of those teams will play each other before taking on Auburn later that afternoon.

The Tigers ride into the 2016 fall season on the heels of their most successful season in program history - a berth in the Women’s College World Series Championship Series and an array of program records.

Archived