1,000 yards receiving

LKEEL75

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only to hit on your last point....NM is a cornerback. Ask the Jaguars. The top level of the game considers him a CB and won't even give him a shot at QB. It is not necessarily a knock on him to call him a CB throwing passes, we should just appreciate that Gus took a guy like that and almost won a national championship with him.

Also, Cam Newton is most certainly a QB.

*Sigh* The argument for Duke was being made that Terry Beasley and Frank Sanders had much better QBs throwing the ball to them, that Beasley even had a Heisman winner throwing to him. I pointed out that neither had a QB that made it in the NFL (White was a backup for the Giants for a while, I think, but that's it), and that only Marshall's athleticism gave him a shot at making the League at all. The reply was that most Heisman winners don't have success in the NFL, as if that somehow makes the claim of Marshall not being a QB more valid. YOU'RE ONLY A QB IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE NFL AS ONE!!! IF YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH THROWING THE BALL IN COLLEGE, BUT YOU HAVE THE ATHLETICISM, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY A QB TO BEGIN WITH!!!!

But for crying out loud, I'll just veer far away from this thread. Obviously my method of spelling out my logic so that my opinion can be understood, or pointing out the logical fallacies (as I see them, at least) makes people think I'm arguing and/or belittling them. It can't be that I communicate differently than others, it simply has to be that I'm just a jerk. Right.

Britt, you want to know why I don't come around here much anymore? This is it, right here.

Calling others' opinions "crap", USING ALL CAPS TO YELL and *sigh*ing... nope, nothing argumentative or belittling there. And Nick Marshall is as good of a passer as our two quarterbacks who won Heismans. Got it.

Just discussing.

Hey red ...

I was at that game in Gainesville and that sanders catch was unbelievable. I don't consider that game to be my favorite auburn football game but that game could be the best football game I have ever watched. It was crazy exciting. One of those games you are exhausted when it is over.

Was a great game!

Watched with a bunch of fellow AU kids that day in Birmingham. Went to my first Phish concert at Oak Mountain that night. What a weekend.

Was a great game!

Watched with a bunch of fellow AU kids that day in Birmingham. Went to my first Phish concert at Oak Mountain that night. What a weekend.

What date was that? Going to the southern shows this year?

I've seen 3 AU games same day as Phish. Arky '10 in Charleston, TAMU in Hampton '13, Arky in Denver last year. Will be seeing them again this year after the Louisville game in Denver.

We've won every game I've watched same day as Phish. It makes for a pretty great night.

Was a great game!

I've seen 3 AU games same day as Phish. Arky '10 in Charleston, TAMU in Hampton '13, Arky in Denver last year. Will be seeing them again this year after the Louisville game in Denver.

We've won every game I've watched same day as Phish. It makes for a pretty great night.

10/15/94

Man, talk about some great wins before your shows. Well done. Here's to another one.

Likely no more concerts for me this year. Hope to start doing kid-friendly festivals with the little one next spring.

Was a great game!

10/15/94

Man, talk about some great wins before your shows. Well done. Here's to another one.

Likely no more concerts for me this year. Hope to start doing kid-friendly festivals with the little one next spring.

A lot of venues now have a family section on the lawn. No smoking or random crazies that come with a Phish show are permitted.

A lot of venues now have a family section on the lawn. No smoking or random crazies that come with a Phish show are permitted.

I'll have to look into that, thanks! Of course, wifey and I might have to take turns going out to mingle with the random crazies.

Solid threadjack, this.

I'll have to look into that, thanks! Of course, wifey and I might have to take turns going out to mingle with the random crazies.

Solid threadjack, this.

So how bout them Auburn receivers?

Solid threadjack, this.

So how bout them Auburn receivers?

We enjoy themselves.

Was a great game!

10/15/94

That's really nice to know. I've always wondered how parents would explain the guy rolling around next to them in a pile of his own vomit. Now, they won't have to! (hopefully)

Was a great game!

10/15/94

That's really nice to know. I've always wondered how parents would explain the guy rolling around next to them in a pile of his own vomit. Now, they won't have to! (hopefully)

"You see that guy there? Don't be that guy when you grow up."

Only to hit on your last point....NM is a cornerback. Ask the Jaguars. The top level of the game considers him a CB and won't even give him a shot at QB. It is not necessarily a knock on him to call him a CB throwing passes, we should just appreciate that Gus took a guy like that and almost won a national championship with him.

*Sigh* The argument for Duke was being made that Terry Beasley and Frank Sanders had much better QBs throwing the ball to them, that Beasley even had a Heisman winner throwing to him. I pointed out that neither had a QB that made it in the NFL (White was a backup for the Giants for a while, I think, but that's it), and that only Marshall's athleticism gave him a shot at making the League at all. The reply was that most Heisman winners don't have success in the NFL, as if that somehow makes the claim of Marshall not being a QB more valid. YOU'RE ONLY A QB IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE NFL AS ONE!!! IF YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH THROWING THE BALL IN COLLEGE, BUT YOU HAVE THE ATHLETICISM, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY A QB TO BEGIN WITH!!!!

But for crying out loud, I'll just veer far away from this thread. Obviously my method of spelling out my logic so that my opinion can be understood, or pointing out the logical fallacies (as I see them, at least) makes people think I'm arguing and/or belittling them. It can't be that I communicate differently than others, it simply has to be that I'm just a jerk. Right.

Britt, you want to know why I don't come around here much anymore? This is it, right here.

Calling others' opinions "crap", USING ALL CAPS TO YELL and *sigh*ing... nope, nothing argumentative or belittling there. And Nick Marshall is as good of a passer as our two quarterbacks who won Heismans. Got it.

Just discussing.

Using all caps is meant for emphasis. I do it for two reasons: the first is because italics and bold don't show up as well on here (at least for me), and the other is, quite simply, that Facebook doesn't have italics or bold as an option, so I got used to the all caps.

The two sentences that were typed in complete all caps was basically the message I was getting.

Now yes, to be sure, by that point there was a great deal of frustration going on in my head, because over and over and over, it was the same thing.

But I'm sure the whole belittling me for comparing Nick Marshall to Cam Newton was perfectly fine. Just like Cam would have SO won the Heisman at Auburn if he hadn't run for nearly 1,500 yards.

You're right though. Every bit of escalation that everyone did besides me was fine. But when I defend my opinion, I'm the bad guy.

Was a great game!

10/15/94

Sorry, Chimes.

Just discussing.

Using all caps is meant for emphasis. I do it for two reasons: the first is because italics and bold don't show up as well on here (at least for me), and the other is, quite simply, that Facebook doesn't have italics or bold as an option, so I got used to the all caps.

The two sentences that were typed in complete all caps was basically the message I was getting.

Now yes, to be sure, by that point there was a great deal of frustration going on in my head, because over and over and over, it was the same thing.

But I'm sure the whole belittling me for comparing Nick Marshall to Cam Newton was perfectly fine. Just like Cam would have SO won the Heisman at Auburn if he hadn't run for nearly 1,500 yards.

You're right though. Every bit of escalation that everyone did besides me was fine. But when I defend my opinion, I'm the bad guy.

Pretty sure it's all Chimes' fault, Red.

#firetrob #banchimes

Archived