2016 4* RB Carlin Fils-Aime (Tennessee commit)

ellitor

Named AU his favorite after visiting yesterday. He has an AU offer and we like him in the Corey Grant role. Link

He hopes to decide by Aug. 1.

Link

For those wondering his last name is pronounced Fills-ahh-me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Named AU his favorite after visiting yesterday. He has an AU offer and we like him in the Corey Grant role. Link

Sounds like Cameron Artis-Payne name to me. CFA?

He is at UGA today then will visit UTk and UNC.

Sounds like Cameron Artis-Payne name to me. CFA?

He is at UGA today then will visit UTk and UNC.

I thought the same thing about his name.

That's a pretty open description.

That describes the last two to play that role....1 couldn't cut or read blocks.....the other would fall down in open field and would go out of bounds at the first sign of a defender...this guy looks like he can do the job.

That's a pretty open description.

That describes the last two to play that role....1 couldn't cut or read blocks.....the other would fall down in open field and would go out of bounds at the first sign of a defender...this guy looks like he can do the job.

I know Corey was supposed to try and stretch the field horizontally but man if he had just taken an angle a few times he would have gained 4 yards instead of a 0 or 1 yard loss. Drove me crazy watching him run last year.

That position requires lightning speed.

Not necessarily. Felix Jones at Arky was fast but not lightning fast when Gus was there.

Not necessarily. Felix Jones at Arky was fast but not lightning fast when Gus was there.

This is a good point. Felix was very fast, but E is right, he wasn't a 4.3 guy, even though McFadden was. The key to success in that position, in my estimation, is having a legitimate second threat, which obviously Arkansas had. When defenses are having to respect the inside runs, it opens up the outside, and from there you just need decent blocking by your receivers. This kid Fils-Aime is plenty fast.

This is a good point. Felix was very fast, but E is right, he wasn't a 4.3 guy, even though McFadden was. The key to success in that position, in my estimation, is having a legitimate second threat, which obviously Arkansas had. When defenses are having to respect the inside runs, it opens up the outside, and from there you just need decent blocking by your receivers. This kid Fils-Aime is plenty fast.

Felix ran a 4.47 at the 2008 combine for reference.

Felix ran a 4.47 at the 2008 combine for reference.

Yes, thank you. Not elite speed, but still very, very fast.

Fils-Aime reportedly runs in the 4.4s as well.

Which was surprisingly subpar at times last season.

Kid looks like a young Adrian Peterson. I haven't even seen a highlight of him, but looking at his profile from the link in the OP, his picture sure looks like AP

Kid looks like a young Adrian Peterson. I haven't even seen a highlight of him, but looking at his profile from the link in the OP, his picture sure looks like AP

He's about 30lbs lighter but I kinda see what you mean.

Honest question, would we be taking him and not another back? Or would he be considered an addition? Seems like we will have a very crowded backfield and if we are slinging it around like others have suggested this year...we may find some folks in the '17 class not wanting to come...but if we could get a back or two near 1k yards this season plus a couple of receivers near 1k it might work well for us...Thoughts?

Honest question, would we be taking him and not another back? Or would he be considered an addition? Seems like we will have a very crowded backfield and if we are slinging it around like others have suggested this year...we may find some folks in the '17 class not wanting to come...but if we could get a back or two near 1k yards this season plus a couple of receivers near 1k it might work well for us...Thoughts?

The staff's plan is to take 1 more RB at most in this class. They have told CFA if another RB commits there will not be a spot for him. He says he is ok with that. He is a take right now.

As for the slinging it part it will be no more than 45% pass but more likely 40%. RBs and WRs can get near the numbers you mentioned but the key to that which some are overlooking is the D getting off the field. If they do there will be plenty of balls to go around regardless of the play call ratio.

The staff's plan is to take 1 more RB at most in this class. They have told CFA if another RB commits there will not be a spot for him. He says he is ok with that. He is a take right now.

As for the slinging it part it will be no more than 45% pass but more likely 40%. RBs and WRs can get near the numbers you mentioned but the key to that which some are overlooking is the D getting off the field. If they do there will be plenty of balls to go around regardless of the play call ratio.

Thanks E...I figured that the D would have to get off the field so the O can perform in order to hit the numbers. I am hoping that the D will get a good share of 3 and outs on opposing Offenses...I am hoping...I would also like to see at least a WR and RB get at least a K in yards and a couple of more get close...

AU still leads after CFA's UGA dawg night visit. Link

Made the mistake and went to the link on the UGA site.

They're as delusional as the pachyderms.

How could you read it? I have premium AU Rivals access but could not read the UGA site.

Archived