Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

... the return of the original pant stripes that go all the way to the knee and the more complete sleeve stripes ...

Relax, college football uniform traditionalists – Under Armour isn’t drastically altering the jerseys for your favorite team. But according to a press release from the apparel manufacturer, five of their marquee schools will be donning a new type of fabric on their jerseys in 2015. Notre Dame, Auburn, Utah, Maryland and Cincinnati will be wearing new threads with “Armourgrid” technology.

This incredible new football jersey is built with ArmourGrid technology—the strongest, lightest, most durable fabric in the game. Inspired by the engineering in reinforced concrete, we created it for one reason: to make athletes ungrabbable on gameday.

http://collegespun.c...mourgrid-jersey

11352313_877982175627383_1603154942_n.jpg

11424445_471621446334583_1772531254_n.jpg

CLggyrmWIAUukpJ.jpg

Auburn-Front.jpeg

Auburn-back-1024x820.jpeg

11429711_1463709690620081_1983936130_n.jpg

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck with facemasks, bring back leather helmets.

Heck with helmets, let's just go full on rugby style!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear about changing the stripes back to the way they were.

They shouldn't stop with the uniforms. It's time to go back and bring those orange facemask.

I thought I read somewhere that the facemasks and helmet stripes would have a metallic hint to them. Anyone see whether that's true?

They shouldn't stop with the uniforms. It's time to go back and bring those orange facemask.

Hell yes

Glad the pants stripes have been corrected but I did like the shorter shoulder stripes. They made our guys' shoulders look broader. And to Britt's post- I do remember reading that earlier this summer ( I think I was the one who posted the article). I hope the metallic finish shows up bc I think it'll look great...if it's done right.

Glad the pants stripes have been corrected but I did like the shorter shoulder stripes. They made our guys' shoulders look broader. And to Britt's post- I do remember reading that earlier this summer ( I think I was the one who posted the article). I hope the metallic finish shows up bc I think it'll look great...if it's done right.

Seems like it was a post on a hype video in which the new unis showed up, if only briefly. I know I clicked on a link (probably here in your thread) and read a detailed description of the new unis and saw some still photos taken out of the hype video. There was also mention of some sort of new texture in the shoulder stripes, I think ....

:dunno:

WHEN we make the playoffs, I would love to see the program stunt and order one of those Oregon-esque uniforms. Won't happen but it'd be nice

FIFY. :)

Seems like it was a post on a hype video in which the new unis showed up, if only briefly. I know I clicked on a link (probably here in your thread) and read a detailed description of the new unis and saw some still photos taken out of the hype video. There was also mention of some sort of new texture in the shoulder stripes, I think ....

:dunno:/>

http://auburnuniforms.blogspot.com/2015/04/truth-lies-in-shadows.html?m=1

WHEN we make the playoffs, I would love to see the program stunt and order one of those Oregon-esque uniforms. Won't happen but it'd be nice

FIFY. :)/>

I predicted it last year, so I'm gonna reverse it this year and hopefully that'll reverse the season too.

I guess I'm the only cat on the block who digged the tapered stripes?

No, you aren't. I loved the tapered stripes, but it's of such little consequence it just doesn't matter. Some people just find something extremely petty to worry about. When the game is on, I couldn't care less about the stripe on the pants. The only time I'll remotely worry about our uniforms is if they decide to pull a whole sale change and ugly them up like others across the country. Until then, I have more important things to worry about.

No, you aren't. I loved the tapered stripes, but it's of such little consequence it just doesn't matter. Some people just find something extremely petty to worry about. When the game is on, I couldn't care less about the stripe on the pants. The only time I'll remotely worry about our uniforms is if they decide to pull a whole sale change and ugly them up like others across the country. Until then, I have more important things to worry about.

Yeah!

Y'all are crazy. White shoes look better in every sport. They make athletes look faster and black shoes make them look slower.

Y'all are crazy. White shoes look better in every sport. They make athletes look faster and black shoes make them look slower.

Don't care how slow we look, just how fast we are.

;)

OK. I'm terribly sorry for having a preference. Apologies to your jimmies.

Archived