2016 4* DE Nick Coe (AU commit 11/28/15)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Auburn Family, Nick. Can't wait to see you AU orange and blue real soon. Lance Thompson recruiter Nick. Keep'em coming Lance.

Coe is an amazing kid. If you have not had the chance to listen to the local news story on him in the beginning of this thread, you need too. He has a "Blind Side" like story. I am cheering for him. I can't imagine him not being successful.

“I wanted to be here,” he said from the Auburn-Alabama game. “I knew I’d play here. I fit in with the players.”

“It feels great,” Coe said, noting he’s been asked several times a day where he was going to go after AHS. “It’s a lot of weight off my shoulders.”

The 6-foot-5, 260-pound lineman said he stayed overnight with fellow defensive lineman Gary Walker, a freshman at AU.

“We’re very similar,” he said. “We talked the whole night about this and that. That’s when I knew I should commit (Saturday).”

For AHS head coach Owen George, the journey has been a treat.

“It’s been surreal,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed the experience. I wanted to give Nick the opportunity to check every avenue possible. He’s big on relationships and family and Auburn’s motto is family.

“I’ve been blessed to do a lot of these things with him. Everywhere he went, people have been very gracious. It’s a hard decision for him. I felt like he needed to take extensive visits and I needed to give him his space.”

George said that, after going through Jordan-Hare Stadium again, Coe met with Malzahn.

“He came out (of the office) with a big smile on his face,” George said. “He feels solid about his commitment and just needs to take care of things on his end.

“When Coach Malzahn came out on the field for the game, right behind him was Cam Newton. We were all going crazy. I looked at Nick and asked him what he thought and he said, ‘That was amazing.’ You wouldn’t know by his demeanor. This is home. This is where he wants to be.”

http://courier-tribune.com/sports/local/it-s-war-eagle-coe

let me add my two cents worth here.

Hate to say it but I asked the guy sitting next to me who is Nick Coe? I sit low next to field and say about 7 folks with lanyards that said...visiting with Nick Coe...and one of the, ughh...MEN, that had that lanyard was large...arms the size of my thighs...and I was like holy cow...if this Coe person has some of this guys genes we want him!!! :)

Hate to say it but I asked the guy sitting next to me who is Nick Coe? I sit low next to field and say about 7 folks with lanyards that said...visiting with Nick Coe...and one of the, ughh...MEN, that had that lanyard was large...arms the size of my thighs...and I was like holy cow...if this Coe person has some of this guys genes we want him!!! :)

<tilts head at puter screen>

Hate to say it but I asked the guy sitting next to me who is Nick Coe? I sit low next to field and say about 7 folks with lanyards that said...visiting with Nick Coe...and one of the, ughh...MEN, that had that lanyard was large...arms the size of my thighs...and I was like holy cow...if this Coe person has some of this guys genes we want him!!! :)/>

<tilts head at puter screen>

Lol.

Woohoo! Beat out Old Domion for a recruit finally!

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;D)

Offers: Auburn, Charlotte, East Carolina, Florida State, Georgia State, Miami (Fl.), North Carolina, Old Dominion, Virginia Tech and West Virginia, among others.

Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 260 | 40: 4.78

The recruits got to meet Cam, Bo and Sir Charles during their Iron Bowl visit. No other school could match that.

Add to that Josh Donaldson, AL MVP this year and Apple CEO Tim Cook.

Archived