Clemson's new baseball coach

Monte Lee Arrives from College of Charleston...was there 7 years and made it to the regionals several times while in Charleston. This is the guy who followed Pawlowski....and had about the same success as JP had before coming to AU. Wonder if he can improve on long term Clemson BB coach Leggett.

Interesting contract: http://www.tigernet.com/story/baseball/Terms-Monte-Lees-contract-released-including-buyout-clauses-13859

He's got a tough act to follow at Clemson. If Pawloski is any indication, C of C's situation may be such that winning there isn't all that hard.

He's got a tough act to follow at Clemson. If Pawloski is any indication, C of C's situation may be such that winning there isn't all that hard.

C o C has a modest schedule and can mostly get by with one really good pitcher and a couple hitters in the dead ball era. That is changing as we know.

As for Clemson folks around here....if it's not football, it's not important this time of year....but there was not a lot noise in the upstate of SC to get rid of Leggett....think the AD felt that the potential was better and decided to make a change.

It seems like there are more Clemson fans in my neck of the woods, and they seemed to think that the coaching change was a stupid decision of the AD.

I believe Radakovich will prove to be a highly capable AD. Clemson is a sleeping giant in terms of potential. Lee is not going very far, he won't have to change anything in terms of where he's recruiting. The baseball facilities there are first rate and he is not having to change the culture. They have no excuse not to compete for a conference title year in and year out. Danny Hall is next up on the ACC hot seat.

This move is totally on the AD as I understand it...he had better be right.

Otherwise, Clemson has been a sleeping giant for the 20+ years that I've lived among the Clemson fan base. ....but they can't seem to fully wake up for more than a season or two.

JMO but they would be better off in the SEC....have all the attributes of an SEC team....stadium, fan support, money, etc.....but just can't get over the hump in the ACC despite inferior competition for the most part.

Clemson (being my "second" team....if there's such a thing) sits in a prime position to make a run in football. Baseball had slowly fallen off with the rise of South Carolina helping to bolster a decision for a change in direction. I don't know if Coach Lee is the right guy or not it the ADs backside is on the line if it doesn't pan out. Tiger fans can deal with a mediocre basketball team but they don't like a football or baseball program that mirrors basketball.

Archived