Golf -- I did it!

AUbritt

I know no one really cares; but y'all are like my extended family.

I did it! I shot even par at Candler Park!

Bogey on hole 1. Par on 2. Bogey on 3. Gave up. Par thru 6. Bad drive on 7, but I hit the approach to 20 ft on the green. Made the bird. Drove the green on 8 -- 2-putt bird. The long uphill par 3 9 awaited. Drove short left. Pitched up to 6 feet. Made the par putt. YES!

I'm moving next week and probably had 2 more chances to play the course. Had been chasing this for years. I'm happy.

Bogey on hole 1. Par on 2. Bogey on 3. Gave up. Par thru 6. Bad drive on 7, but I hit the approach to 20 ft on the green. Made the bird. Drove the green on 8 -- 2-putt bird. The long uphill par 3 9 awaited. Drove short left. Pitched up to 6 feet. Made the par putt. YES!

I'm moving next week and probably had 2 more chances to play the course. Had been chasing this for years. I'm happy.

cool. Now follow it up in the red.

cool. Now follow it up in the red.

You know it! I played 3 holes afterwards before I left to meet my buddies for the gold Cup (sigh). I parred the first, hit OB on 2, then bogeyed after hitting 3 off the tee, then parred 3. I never felt so relaxed playing golf. It was amazing! Thanks, alexava!

:'( :'(

I could not be more proud of you sonny. Just brings tears and happiness to my little old heart. ................Not get off your frickin butt and get it in the red numbers numnuts

congrats.....

Yep -- it's killing me not to be able to play for a few days! I'm up in Jersey looking for a place to live ....

And thanks, y'all. It really means a lot to me that you responded. This was a big deal to me, and none of my non-golfing friends really get it.

i have not played since October. between the last two majors and this forum im getting the bug back. as i am getting older and seem to be in some minor bodily pain most of the time, i may take longer to get back to shooting the scores i was used to. might do me good to start swinging.

Yep -- it's killing me not to be able to play for a few days! I'm up in Jersey looking for a place to live ....

And thanks, y'all. It really means a lot to me that you responded. This was a big deal to me, and none of my non-golfing friends really get it.

Jersey.....good god almighty what on earth cause this? Use to work in Pinbrook, NJ long time ago summers fine winters and traffic awful. Oh good luck in finding a place. Their are some good golf courses in Jersey but fairly expensive.

Also now I expect YOU, recruiting, to bring in Mr. Gary for our Tigers since you'll be in his state.

I understand..

One of my golfing buddies is in his middle 80s and had 4 holes in one in just over 2 years.....ranged from 125 to 175 yards and the people at his retirement home just said ...you play all the time ...what's the big deal....

Jersey.....good god almighty what on earth cause this? Use to work in Pinbrook, NJ long time ago summers fine winters and traffic awful. Oh good luck in finding a place. Their are some good golf courses in Jersey but fairly expensive.

Also now I expect YOU, recruiting, to bring in Mr. Gary for our Tigers since you'll be in his state.

Job. No problem on Gary.

I understand..

One of my golfing buddies is in his middle 80s and had 4 holes in one in just over 2 years.....ranged from 125 to 175 yards and the people at his retirement home just said ...you play all the time ...what's the big deal....

Sheesh!

I hurt worse when I don't play than when I do. I also weigh a lot less when I do play. ;-)

me too. Thats why it will take a while.

I did it!

:bananadance:

Bogeyed the 2nd, birdied the 6th, then birdied the last to finish -1!

Man, I feel so different playing right now. I was pressing so hard to get to even; now I feel really relaxed when I play.

Can't wait to see how low I can go.

Congrats...............................bout damn time

Thanks, and I agree. Not sure what took me so long! Now, to go even lower!!!

I did it!

:bananadance:

Bogeyed the 2nd, birdied the 6th, then birdied the last to finish -1!

Man, I feel so different playing right now. I was pressing so hard to get to even; now I feel really relaxed when I play.

Can't wait to see how low I can go.

relaxed always helps. i always blew tournaments because i could not relax. and these were penny ante tournaments. if i played big time i would need drugs.

Don't get greedy the golf gods have a way to bring you down

Ain't that the truth!

Last day at the course today.

:sad2:

Sad day indeed

I almost cried, to be honest. Never have I found another course like mine. Walking-only is part of it. But the people there are just great. I am desperately hoping to find something close to it in Jersey; but I know I won't.

Shot 2-over in my final round, which I played 15 years to the day after I started. Called my buddy who hustled me for quarters from day 1, and he came to play. All my friends were there. When I moved last time, there was no golf for a decade. Don't want to let that happen again!

Anyway, thanks for listening to my confessional.

:bawling:

Archived