SEC Network Game Replays

AFTiger

Will the replays contain more footage of the game? Last year was one hour of repeated commercials and one hour of the game.

I know I was trying to catch some of the top SEC games of 2014 that have been playing and they omit sections of the game to catch back up time wise for their TV schedule. Oh and there were a lot of commercials.

I've been watching them all week and certainly all of our games. When games are going on it's easy to miss a lot of things..situational key turning points in a game so it was good to go back and watch. We really need to make sure we capitalize in the redzone this year and eliminate a lot of penalties. Didn't realize we had so many missed opportunities in that area.

Yes to eliminating penalties. So many times we had late hits out of bounds that kept an opponents drive alive. I know that we will still have that aggression with Muschamp coaching the D but I also hope that they are either smarter about those plays or are in better position to tackle or lay off.

If we had been more efficient in the redzone, out of games played we'd only had lost one even with all of the problem we had in other areas.

If we had been more efficient in the redzone, out of games played we'd only had lost one even with all of the problem we had in other areas.

miss. st or UGA? i know UGA drubbed us but i think we were still depressed from the aTm game, or i was.

I don't know what any of the foregoing has to do with replays, but I hope the replays are worth watching. I thought CSS did a much better job of it.

miss. st or UGA? i know UGA drubbed us but i think we were still depressed from the aTm game, or i was.

I was thinking uga. I was disappointed but not depressed from a&m game....uga game did the trick though

I was thinking uga. I was disappointed but not depressed from a&m game....uga game did the trick though

yea, it finished me off.

Sadly, the whole team seemed to feel the same way us fans felt.....they only won 1 game after that aTm loss and that was a pansy (Samford.)

Sadly, the whole team seemed to feel the same way us fans felt.....they only won 1 game after that aTm loss and that was a pansy (Samford.)

I got the feeling than many fans and players (maybe had it myself)felt that after the TAMU loss the season was basically over...at least as far as having a shot at the SEC West...or the national championship. That's one of the downsides to having high expectations for a season ...and then suffering an unexpected or difficult loss. I've seen that a number of times over the years ...and in some cases that damaging loss was very early in a season.....back in the day....Miami, Texas and USCw come to mind. Confidence can be a fragile thing.

I got the feeling than many fans and players (maybe had it myself)felt that after the TAMU loss the season was basically over...at least as far as having a shot at the SEC West...or the national championship. That's one of the downsides to having high expectations for a season ...and then suffering an unexpected or difficult loss. I've seen that a number of times over the years ...and in some cases that damaging loss was very early in a season.....back in the day....Miami, Texas and USCw come to mind. Confidence can be a fragile thing.

After seeing some of our defense's performances, especially USCjr, I knew we were lacking what it would take to make it to/win the SEC.

TAMU solidified that opinion.

Revisiting the TAMU game was as frustrating again as watching it live -- the missed tackles, blocked FG(!), stupid penalties on both sides of the ball, the two replay incidents AU lost on review and the fumbled snap to end the comeback. I hope the the team can return the favor to the Aggies in November!

I don't know what any of the foregoing has to do with replays, but I hope the replays are worth watching. I thought CSS did a much better job of it.

Seems like you're fighting a losing battle. Thread hijacked.

Their first replays last year were horrid. I emailed ESPN customer service after literally watching scoring play, commercials, scoring play, commercials, scoring play, commercials. They were trying to fit the game into 2 hours then. Even with 3 hours now, they do too much editing and play too many commercials. They could do a better job of editing out internal promos for NASCAR races or MNF games and save several minutes a game. With skipping halftime, most games should fit into 3 hours with very little cutting.

Seems like you're fighting a losing battle. Thread hijacked.

Their first replays last year were horrid. I emailed ESPN customer service after literally watching scoring play, commercials, scoring play, commercials, scoring play, commercials. They were trying to fit the game into 2 hours then. Even with 3 hours now, they do too much editing and play too many commercials. They could do a better job of editing out internal promos for NASCAR races or MNF games and save several minutes a game. With skipping halftime, most games should fit into 3 hours with very little cutting.

No question most of the replays were awful...don't know who did the editing....probably a summer intern with no knowledge of the game of the teams.....but that person sure had a knack for dwelling on the insignificant and jumping over the pertinent. BUT...once those were done, nobody at ESPN was going to spend another nickel to improve them for a probable TV audience of 1000 watchers.

IMO those are mostly time fillers and they just reach into the shelves and pull a bunch of them out according to the schedule. SEC network probably only has a janitor in the building while all those replays are being run. The folks preparing them likely had no serious interest in how the audience would perceive them....just trying to cram the game into 2 hours without much concern about the critical moments.

SO...back on the subject as requested....and just sayin'.....don't expect too much....now, or in the future either.

Watched our replay of the SC game today. Our secondary was non existent. We won but it was not a thing of beauty for the defense. Got to hand it to the Ole Ball Coach, he let it all hang out. Oh yeah, the officiating was horrible also. The PI call on Jonathan Jones was pure BS and the no call on their offensive lineman TACKLING our DE was unbelievable. Oh well, let's move on. WDE!!!

Archived