Looking for 2 Auburn/LSU tickets in Auburn section...

Burnt Orange

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought they were all in the upper deck, with the exception of very few obstructed lowers.

Small auburn section in the endzone, but yes mostly upper deck

I thought they were all in the upper deck, with the exception of very few obstructed lowers.

No I have never been. Any suggestions as to where to go and tailgate or certain watering holes to visit maybe before/after the game? Eating establishments? First trip!

No I have never been. Any suggestions as to where to go and tailgate or certain watering holes to visit maybe before/after the game? Eating establishments? First trip!

No shortage of good eats in Baton Rouge, really depends on where your staying, when you're arriving, & proximity to campus.

Close to campus:

The Chimes tops my list, great food & huge beer selection...corner of Chimes & Highland Rd

Louies is a dinner on campus for breakfast

Fat Cow, awesome burger

Couple of options on Burbank Dr. Walk Ons probably being the most popular

Mike Anderson Seafood is a short drive from campus

Parking/Tailgating:

If you plan to tailgate, I'd try the small free lot off Dalrymple Dr at the Law School building or per game pay parking (around $20-$40 i think) along Dalrymple & Tower Dr. This would put you near the Memorial Tower and the Parade Grounds. Great open space for tailgating. SEC Nation will almost certainly set up their stage et al here if that interests you.

Otherwise, the majority of free parking is located along Gourrier/Burbank.

• 2 weeks later...

Food and Bars

Baton Rouge has some good restaurants and fun bars. Unfortunately they are rarely located within walking distance of each other and are almost never within walking distance from your hotel. A non-exhaustive list of restaurant recommendations includes Chimes, Parrain's, Chelsea's, George's, Sammy’s, and Bistro Byronz. For non-cajun/creole cuisine, I’d recommend City Pork or The Rum House. I also highly recommend Mason’s (or Chimes) for brunch on Sunday.

As far as bar recommendations go, it depends on what you're looking for. The 3rd St. bars are fun and have a nice variety of options and are good for bar hopping. Tigerland and Bogie’s might be appealing if you're college aged or not too far removed. There are also random bars elsewhere in the city that are cool like The Bulldog, Olive or Twist, and Radio Bar. Bars within short walking distance to campus include Chimes, Walk-Ons, and Tigerland.

Game Day

Get to campus early as parking is terrible and fills up quickly. They've changed the rules since the last time Auburn played in BR. You can no longer park on the streets and essentially all of the on-campus lots are paid with the exception of the Old Front Nine, Hart, and Parker Coliseum lots which all fill up by 9ish for big games and the Levee & Hayfield lots which fill up not that much later. There are also a couple lots on the perimeter of campus that aren't paid but they're a bit of a hike. Post-game traffic is also absolutely terrible, so if you have a tailgate to go back to after the game and let time pass then do it. Basically, if you're parked south of the stadium you will be forced to leave south, and similarly if you're parked to the north. Here's a map to give you an idea (purple lots are the free ones almost all of them fill up very early):

PTCADDTCVEEPIGH.20150720164105.jpg

LSU has one of the prettiest campuses in the SEC so take some time to just walk around and enjoy it. People tailgate everywhere, but places of interest (depending on your age and what you're looking for) include the Parade Ground and the Old Front Nine. Tiger Walk is always located at gates 11 & 12 on the southeast corner of the stadium about two hours before kickoff. After that’s over, I recommend walking to the north side of the stadium to watch the Tiger Band march down the hill. Try to be in the stadium no less than 40 minutes before kickoff to ensure you see all of LSU’s pregame traditions like Mike (even though he didn’t want to get in his cage for any games last year…), Callin’ Baton Rouge, Louisiana Saturday Night, and pregame. Death Valley is one of the best gameday atmospheres in the country, especially at night. Unfortunately it’s a 2:30 kickoff and will be hotter than hell, but it should still be a good time.

Not anymore. You can't park on the street.

My statement still stands. Just look at the map you posted. I was referring to all the free parking (purple spaces) along Gourrier/Burbank. Like I said, on street parking (pay-per-game, light blue on the map) is probably your best bet IF you want to tailgate near the Parade Grounds.

Good recommendations on food & bars. I take it you live in or near Baton Rouge.

Also, another option for anyone interested, there's a Auburn gameday bus leaving from New Orleans. Just get in touch with the NOLA Auburn Club for the details.

Not anymore. You can't park on the street.

My statement still stands. Just look at the map you posted. I was referring to all the free parking (purple spaces) along Gourrier/Burbank. Like I said, on street parking (pay-per-game, light blue on the map) is probably your best bet IF you want to tailgate near the Parade Grounds.

Good recommendations on food & bars. I take it you live in or near Baton Rouge.

Also, another option for anyone interested, there's a Auburn gameday bus leaving from New Orleans. Just get in touch with the NOLA Auburn Club for the details.

My apologies. I thought you meant literally along the street. And I do live in BR. Currently working on my PhD at LSU. Can't wait for next weekend!

Also, the map I posted doesn't show it, but there is a fair amount of free parking behind the law school. I'd try there before doing any paid parking if you're looking to be close to the Parade Ground.

PhD huh? You're more dedicated than I, lol.

Yes, I mentioned that in my first reply, but it's going to fill QUICKLY.

Maybe we can get together and do a visitors thread for eats, bars, tailgating, & parking info on the main forum for all.

Archived