2016 4* DL Shavar Manuel

au_bsci_04

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Nee, FSU's 247 beat writer, just CB'd Shavar to AU...FWIW

What!?!?!?! There is no way. Have you not been reading the other posts around here? We won't be getting any top DL recruits. They are all going to Bama, UGA & FSU.

#FireTROB

Chris Nee, FSU's 247 beat writer, just CB'd Shavar to AU...FWIW

What!?!?!?! There is no way. Have you not been reading the other posts around here? We won't be getting any top DL recruits. They are all going to Bama, UGA & FSU.

#FireTROB

They will all go to s.car

#fireTROB

Has he even visited Auburn?

No and it's a FSU/Florida battle. AU is just a hat on the table right now but Boom could change that.

Let's hope Boom changes that. :)

If this is indeed his top three, out of those, I would think LSU and AU would be the biggest battle.

Looks like Boom has changed that.......................maybe

So I never bothered looking at his profile. Um, does he actually project as a DE? Dude is massive.

Sure does look like he could be a DT in the making, but I don't know enough about him to know what type of player he is. Could be another Rashan Gary that is huge but quick enough and lean enough to play DE. Having both of those guys on the DL at the same time sure would provide for some flexibility.

3-4 DE can be a 4-3 DT. He looks like a guy with the quickness for that swing role. I expect to see Adams and Lambert pull that type of double duty this year.

Orgeron has run off about 1/3 of their DL @ LSU. He is selling PT to some bigtime kids like Manuel, and Gary.

And the expected starting DE for LSU this year is now.... :rimshot:/> :rimshot:/> :rimshot:/>

Tashawn Bower

Wow. Meanwhile we traded Daniel for him. Not much became of that.

Dude is massive.

Wipe the drool from your chin.

*looks at feet*

*kicks at the ground a little*

"...well, he is..."

You pick that chin up and hold it high.

In all seriousness, dude is massive for a DE. 290 and still has a year of high school left.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who can't see that we're playing a TON of freshman -- and that this might just affect our performance of D, plus be good for an incoming player -- should go somewhere else, IMO.

Freshmen has been some of the better players, that's not why we're horrible on D

Maybe it's just me; but I think playing as many freshmen as we are handicaps us on D. That's not a criticism of the freshmen. I agree that they've been some of the better players. But playing good freshmen -- and like on half the D -- is not good compared to playing good players with more experience, in general.

Again, I'm not criticizing the freshmen. I'm all for the youth movement. But I don't expect them to play like seniors. I do, however, expect the upperclassmen to play better.

Not sure we're in disagreement, cole.

:dunno:

Well I was just saying they're not the reason of the d. It's more of the veterans, but still they weren't developed by this staff...except garner. I guess we can explain everything except the bad d line play

Well I was just saying they're not the reason of the d. It's more of the veterans, but still they weren't developed by this staff...except garner. I guess we can explain everything except the bad d line play

I don't think the d-line play has been so bad, tbh. We're a lot better with Carl in there; but even without, I think the d-line play has been good. Would look a lot better with better LB play. Maybe we see some youth movement in the LB, too, today!

We have absolutely no pass rush QB's are sitting back all day waiting for someone to come open. I I am a D-Lineman knowing Muschamps history I see early playing time and a real need for me.

Archived