2016 3* WR Marquis McClain (AU commit 7/25/15)

ellitor

AU likes him at WR. Watch his Hudl highlights. He could be a beast as a WR.

He had an excellent AU camp running in the low 4.4s and catching everytrhing per reports. I think his ranking will skyrocket as he gets noticed. CDC loves him.

"They're family oriented, they have the top offense in the country, they're losing four receivers next year and I feel like I can make an impact on the team," McClain told 247Sports.

http://www.al.com/au...lain_commi.html

10687200_766419933404948_494169498273049290_n.jpg

Marquis McClain, WR

Crestview, FL (Crestview)

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 185

- Picked up AU offer 7/20/15

- Visited 7/25/15 and committed

247Sports: 3*

ESPN: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

Offers: Appalachian State, Auburn, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Middle Tennessee, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Purdue, South Alabama, South Florida, Southern Miss, Troy, Tulane and Western Kentucky, among others.

Hudl Highlights

CKzFRnpVEAAzoiq.jpg

via @BMattAU

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's why CDC was so psyched on twitter.

Let the Sammie Coates comparisons begin. Hey, no complaint here. Thanks for the additional info, ellitor.

Edit: Whoops, in before I finished my post^

Super impressed. kid looks like he has really good speed, hands and size. Crazy on his star rating. Like E mentioned, it won't stay there for long. Kid really looks like Duke in the film with more speed. Crazy. Watch the film. Welcome to the family Mr McClain.

Looking at that highlight, He is vastly underrated. That is an amazing get by our coaches, and has to have MSU stinging. This is just the type of guy they hope to get under the radar.

Natural athlete. Not very refined in terms of the position, but that's not a big deal. I can't believe he's rated so low. Not for long I would think. I'd bet he's a great kid too. Congrats.

Kid balled out at the camp, got an offer and commited on the spot. Wowed all the offensive coaches I'm told.

He camped and got his offer last month. They pushed hard and got him today.

Btw 2 stars usually indicate that they have not been evaluated.

Yup. Sites have heard about a kid but have not looked at him yet.

Are you flipping kidding me?! With Kyle Davis & Nate Craig still on the board, we take a 2*?

We may take 2 more and if it's them we will definitely take. calm down.

Like those big, physical, & fast receivers. Word after both the Auburn and MSU camps was that he caught everything and used his body well to create separation.

Are you flipping kidding me?! With Kyle Davis & Nate Craig still on the board, we take a 2*?

We may take 2 more and if it's them we will definitely take. calm down.

Exactly! Great get.

MM also had a 38 inch vertical at the camp in June as well.

Wow Nice! Should help him out...If the coaches like him...I don't care how many stars he has...

This may help:

McClain, who is 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, picked up an offer from Auburn in June after a standout performance at camp. At camp, McClain ran a 4.49-second 40-yard dash, had a 38-inch vertical leap and caught everything thrown to him. McClain chose Auburn over offers from Mississippi State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue, South Florida, South Alabama and Troy, among others. - See more at: https://auburn.rival...h.9pgGT0kQ.dpuf

Archived