2016 3* WR Marquis McClain (AU commit 7/25/15)

ellitor

Marquis McClain of Crestview (FL.) brought home the MVP award for the receivers and he definitely deserved it. As an unknown heading into the event, McClain came out a star almost shocking everyone that he came up against. He has a solid frame standing 6-foot-2. 195 pounds and runs crisp routes. He gets in and out of cuts pretty well, but is a little inconsistent with his hands. He dropped a couple 50/50 balls, but he showed great athleticism and really burst onto the scene with his showing this weekend.

From a write-up of the Opening, New Orleans.

(There's also a paragraph about Narcisse.)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like his physical attributes, with that being said let's call a spade a spade if we sign somebody we'll talk him up, if a guy spurn us we'll make him suck, or we weren't recruiting him, or he has a bad attitude

Well yeah, your either with us or against us. :)

I like his physical attributes, with that being said let's call a spade a spade if we sign somebody we'll talk him up, if a guy spurn us we'll make him suck, or we weren't recruiting him, or he has a bad attitude

Who is this "we" that you speak of?

Majority of this board, especially the people that frequent the recruiting board alot. I know it's every year but imo this year more than most just about every name we might have been on we stopped recruiting or whatever. Then its hilarious a couple of guys like I think maybe price we do want him again after the glad we don't want a player like this at Auburn posts...but whatever I find it funny at least

One thing I like about McClain you can tell he is serious about his craft if you look at his YouTube. He watches 1 on 1 match ups from pros and his peers. Workouts, interviews. Seems like he's really focused on going to the next level and being successful.

And I think it's something to be said for a kid with a mindset that saying he's going to show everybody as well. They gain confidence and momentum and keep going. Different sport but it's similar to Dwayne wade and LeBron James coming up in high school

Majority of this board, especially the people that frequent the recruiting board alot. I know it's every year but imo this year more than most just about every name we might have been on we stopped recruiting or whatever. Then its hilarious a couple of guys like I think maybe price we do want him again after the glad we don't want a player like this at Auburn posts...but whatever I find it funny at least

I get what you're saying but it's not everyone. Some actually call it like they see it.

Great Film Great Pickup. War Eagle and welcome to Auburn

Looks to have great hands and good speed in the highlights. Wonder how he's flown under the radar so much?

Very excited about McClain. Curious if this is thought to be a reflection on our chances for Davis or NC-M.....?

No such thing as fall backs this early in the process. Staff was thrilled with MM's camp performance this past weekend. Offered on the spot and he committed on the spot.

Very excited about McClain. Curious if this is thought to be a reflection on our chances for Davis or NC-M.....?

If you read back you will see we will still definitely take either of those guys WITH McClain. We want at least 3 WR in this class.

No such thing as fall backs this early in the process. Staff was thrilled with MM's camp performance this past weekend. Offered on the spot and he committed on the spot.

E is right on this. I was not. Kid had a great camp in June and AU offered then.

Here is some more on him:

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1787623

"He's another big, physical kid that fits into what they've had in the past. I think he'll be another big addition to their receiving corps," said Crestview head coach Tim Hatten, who has 27 years of coaching experience under his belt including an 11-year stint at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville, Miss. "He's a big target and anytime you've got a big target you can throw the ball to and they're a load to bring down it's always a plus. He is an explosive leaper that can high-point balls." - See more at: https://auburn.rival...h.yagxZaBZ.dpuf

*holding breath for a string of mea culpas from the folks who freaked about us accepting a commitment from a 2*

*turning blue*

*holding my breath was a bad idea*

Just by looking over the thread, I only see one poster that freaked out because he was a two star. Seems like everybody realized pretty quickly that he has the potential to be another Sammie Coates.

Live in Crestview and talked to a couple of guys last week that really thought we hit the jackpot with both Mcclain and Stove? Hope to get to see both of them play some this year.

Any 2* recruit whose commit we accept will be immediately bumped to 3* composite. Football recruiting world knows we don't recruit 2* talent. Some of the recruiting services may be late to update their star evaluations though. In the end they will be 3* minimum.

I'm comfortable with anyone our coaches offer after seeing them at camp the summer before signing day, I don't care what they are rated at that point.

Glad the coaches don't recruit based on what these "evaluators" give these kids. Talking about some skewed evaluations.

Archived