2015 Media Guide Cover

RunInRed

I wish they'd focus on the players and leave the coaches off of it.

The coaches are our brand. I don't like it either as I think the players should be focused on more, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The coaches are our brand. I don't like it either as I think the players should be focused on more, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Rhett Lashlee is our brand? People don't go to the games to watch coaches coach. They go to watch players play.

Rhett Lashlee is our brand? People don't go to the games to watch coaches coach. They go to watch players play.

When you put it like that, of course we don't go watch the coaches coach. We have been putting a lot of emphasis on Guschamp though so I don't mind the coaches being on there. Rhett..... Well

Lashlee, no. But Muschamp? We've been using him for literally everything. So it's only logical if you're going to put your DC on the cover, you have to put the OC too.

Alabama has the most iconic coach in the game right now and he's nowhere to be found on their media guide. You know who is? The players...seniors to be more specific. God I hate that team but their media department absolutely destroys ours on a regular basis.

Interesting breakdown of all the SEC media guides right here:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-2015-sec-media-guide-covers/

You want to know how many other schools prominently feature a coach on their guide? 1. Kentucky. They just-so-happened to be the lowest ranked on the list but at least they didn't prominently feature their coordinators.

Every other school features players not coaches. It's strange to put coaches on something like this. I realize a lot of y'all think anything Auburn does MUST be freaking awesome but the sad truth is that our media department sucks big time.

When kiffin was at it he was on every other page of their media guide. Surprise surprise

Exactly. If Kiffin does it we need to run as far as possible in the opposite direction.

Alabama has the most iconic coach in the game right now and he's nowhere to be found on their media guide. You know who is? The players...seniors to be more specific. God I hate that team but their media department absolutely destroys ours on a regular basis.

^^^ Hate to say it but agree. It's not a huge deal for me but our media department could step it up a bit. This cover seems like a remixed repeat of covers in the past 5-7 years that were done. Seem pretty similar.

This being a MEDIA guide, it highlights & markets how we want the media to see Auburn football this season. Our offense is by far our biggest current propaganda tool. Gus Malzahn is the poster child for that offense. Makes sense IMO for Gus to be front & center on it.

Right or wrongly....AU has been promoting Muschamp since BEFORE he even got here and., of course, promoting Gus as the top offensive coach in the country...and has spread that message around about everywhere possible.

This is a team where the coaches are much better known than the players....especially since we have so few starters back. Does not seem that unreasonable that the same theme would be continued with the media guide....at least for now.

Not sure why so much negative emotion over something like this. :dunno:

Right or wrongly....AU has been promoting Muschamp since BEFORE he even got here and., of course, promoting Gus as the top offensive coach in the country...and has spread that message around about everywhere possible.

This is a team where the coaches are much better known than the players....especially since we have so few starters back. Does not seem that unreasonable that the same theme would be continued with the media guide....at least for now.

Not sure why so much negative emotion over something like this. :dunno:

+1

Yep, seems like shortly after kindergarten and sometime before playboy.... :no: most learnt to not judge a book by it's cover.

Not sure why so much negative emotion over something like this. :dunno:/>

+1

Yep, seems like shortly after kindergarten and sometime before playboy.... :no:/> most learnt to not judge a book by it's cover.

Umm what?

Yep, seems like shortly after kindergarten and sometime before playboy.... :no:/> most learnt to not judge a book by it's cover.

The entire thread is specifically about the book's cover. The word "cover" is in the subject heading.

The entire thread is specifically about the book's cover. The word "cover" is in the subject heading.

OK....so stay on the subject and tell us what you think about the cover....and is there any reason the cover of a media guide should be so important?

Archived