Michigan/OSU transfers

El Tiburon

Good afternoon everyone! I haven't been here in a while but I would like to start coming back a lot more. That being said, I have some really stupid questions regarding our two secondary transfers from the Big 10. First of all, Are either of them eligible to play this year and how many years of eligibility do they have left? Also how good are they compared to other secondary players? Thank you and War Eagle!

The coaches have suggested- at least the way that I've read it- that Countess compares favorably to most of the other guys in that group.

Countess (michigan transfer) is expected to play this year and looks to be a solid corner. The OSU transfers name escapes me at the moment but he is not eligible this year. Only time will tell if he's going to be a good one as he's only a freahman.

Countess, from Michigan, is eligible this year and this is his last year of eligibility I believe. I'm not sure about him being a starter but he will get plenty of playing time

Dean will redshirt but should be a good one.

Many think Countess will be the starter along with Jones, allowing Holsey to be our #1 Nickel as we plan to play a lot of Nickel D this year. He's a graduate transfer so he is eligible immediately, 1 year to play.

Dean isn't eligible and will redshirt, will have 4 years of eligibility.

Countess, from Michigan, is eligible this year and this is his last year of eligibility I believe. I'm not sure about him being a starter but he will get plenty of playing time

Dean will redshirt but should be a good one.

I understand that the reason he is eligible immediately is because he has already graduated from Michigan....similar situation to a number of players from the mid-west who were shopping around for somewhere else to play their last year of eligibility.

Yeah, if Countess isn't starting day 1 I'll be shocked.

This^^ He has a ton of experience at a position where experience is sometimes underrated.

He was an enormous get for our secondary depth this year.

Good afternoon everyone! I haven't been here in a while but I would like to start coming back a lot more. That being said, I have some really stupid questions regarding our two secondary transfers from the Big 10. First of all, Are either of them eligible to play this year and how many years of eligibility do they have left? Also how good are they compared to other secondary players? Thank you and War Eagle!

Post more often!!!

Yeah, if Countess isn't starting day 1 I'll be shocked.

This^^ He has a ton of experience at a position where experience is sometimes underrated.

He was an enormous get for our secondary depth this year.

I also think he will be a huge addition for the defense. There hasn't been as much hype about him as I would've thought considering he was an All Big-10 performer his junior year I think.

David Irons was a talented corner that played under Muschamp. So I wonder if Countess could be as successful in the same system.

David Irons was a talented corner that played under Muschamp. So I wonder if Countess could be as successful in the same system.

Yeah, I definitely remember David. Just thought you were talking about some connection the two might have other than being CB's and playing under Boom.

Archived