We should emulate Brazil and close down the EPA

homersapien

Another false delimma scenario

Allow outrageous govt bureaucracy to control & micro manage our lives, or have Olympic swimmers compete in raw sewage.

Simpleton think 101

Allow outrageous govt bureaucracy to control & micro manage our lives, or have Olympic swimmers compete in raw sewage.

Simpleton think 101

hilarious

Simpleton think 101

hilarious

Here's your sign

Simpleton think 101

hilarious

Here's your sign

They couldn't read it...

We have an EPA now and we also have raw sewage seeping into many waterways across the country.

"What difference does it make"? ;):drippingsarcasm7pa:

You are absolutely correct..it's not a choice between those two extremes, and it would be logically fallacious to suggest such.

However, I don't think that was really Homer's intention or stated dichotomy. Rather I think he was suggesting that for some, the very existence of the EPA or any government regulations represents "outrageous govt bureaucracy to control & micro manage our lives", and illustrating one possible result of such extreme libertarianism. [And perhaps implying that some of those extreme "government-phobes" would tolerate sewage in our public pools before tolerating any sort of government intervention for the sake of public health or environmental quality. ...just my inference/suggestion.]

Simpleton think 101

hilarious

Fine example of a self-parody. ;)

You are absolutely correct..it's not a choice between those two extremes, and it would be logically fallacious to suggest such.

However, I don't think that was really Homer's intention or stated dichotomy. Rather I think he was suggesting that for some, the very existence of the EPA or any government regulations represents "outrageous govt bureaucracy to control & micro manage our lives", and illustrating one possible result of such extreme libertarianism. [And perhaps implying that some of those extreme "government-phobes" would tolerate sewage in our public pools before tolerating any sort of government intervention for the sake of public health or environmental quality. ...just my inference/suggestion.]

It's not raw sewage in public pools that is the issue in Brazil, but rather an open water site which will be where the 10 K swimming and some yachting / rowing events will take place.

But I take it as exactly what homer meant, by suggesting there be NO govt oversight of any pollution or sewage regulation, what so ever.

It's not raw sewage in public pools that is the issue in Brazil, but rather an open water site which will be where the 10 K swimming and some yachting / rowing events will take place.

Thanks for correcting me...I didn't catch that technical detail. :thumbsup:

Although it is pretty much a minor technical detail in terms of the overall topic/issue, I do appreciate learning and being awakened to my errors or misconceptions.

I deal with EPA issues almost daily but I understand that the regs are there for a reason, most of RIO is a crap hole - filthy and disgusting- this report is probably spot on.

That's literally true. Check this out: http://www.pbs.org/n.../videos/#151828

Now imagine you are scheduled to compete in that water. :no:

And Brazil is simply denying the problem.

I deal with EPA issues almost daily but I understand that the regs are there for a reason, most of RIO is a crap hole - filthy and disgusting- this report is probably spot on.

SO Rio is identical to west vance?

How the hell did the IOC grant them the Olympics ?

Oh, yeah. Corruption. The whole freaking world reeks of it.

It is not often that I agree with you, but I certainly agree with that.

It is not often that I agree with you, but I certainly agree with that.

And what gets me is how so many are the opinion that the world , other than the US, is so enlightened. That were it not for the rubes and hayseeds , we'd be just like the rest of the world.

<_<

Most of the city is crime ridden as well, I have friend whose son is trying to make the Olympic swim team and he has stated they may pass for fear of being in danger while in Brazil, at 18 he can afford to wait for 2020.

Archived