What are you most looking forward to heading into fall camp?

WFE12

I myself among other things am really intrigued about which wr's step up to be along side duuuuuke. We have a lot of depth and I know ricardo will have a spot for sure though he still hasn't played to his full potential, i don't think. Melvin Ray has shown his big play ability in spurts and so has marcus davis as they are both sure handed wr's then you bring myron burton, jason smith, stanton truitt, and tony stevens into the mix...man. What say yee?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, its Cowart and Lawson. If Lawson can look like the 1st rounder that so many are labeling him, and Cowart can have anything resembling a Myles Garrett-like freshman year, then the defense has a chance to be dominant.

Definitely no injuries! I too want to see/hear a lot about Cowart and some of our new DBs. M. Burton is another i want to see step up and contribute (he was big time in the spring game).

Great thread, WFE12! Enjoying everybody's answers, too.

Things I'm optimistic about, other than the obvious:

-H-Back. Will Pettway and/or Cox give us that combination of blocking and receiving threat that we've been missing since 2009-2010? (Maybe we didn't "miss" it in '13, but we didn't have it.)

-Frost and McKinzey.

-Matthews and Ford. Countess.

-Adams.

Things that make me nervous:

-Special teams. No idea what we can expect there.

-Offensive line. I guess we won't know til we get into our schedule.

-WR blocking. It was great in 2013. It was not in 2014.

Edit: Cole Cubelic just tweeted this re: Golson:

Has a chance. Gives them much more physical presence in the middle of O-line.

@colecubelic

So I guess the question is, does he have what it takes upstairs to make the reads, work with his guards and his quarterback, etc? This is my #1 question going into the season.

For me, its Cowart and Lawson. If Lawson can look like the 1st rounder that so many are labeling him, and Cowart can have anything resembling a Myles Garrett-like freshman year, then the defense has a chance to be dominant.

Yeah....I have no doubt about lawson....lol dude is a beast. It will be very interesting to see him play "buck" and as for cowart, from what i heard in interviews and seen on highlight tapes he will do big things in his FIRST year...I don't think we'll be waiting long to see him make impact plays

Great thread, WFE12! Enjoying everybody's answers, too.

Things I'm optimistic about, other than the obvious:

-H-Back. Will Pettway and/or Cox give us that combination of blocking and receiving threat that we've been missing since 2009-2010? (Maybe we didn't "miss" it in '13, but we didn't have it.)

-Frost and McKinzey.

-Matthews and Ford. Countess.

-Adams.

Things that make me nervous:

-Special teams. No idea what we can expect there.

-Offensive line. I guess we won't know til we get into our schedule.

-WR blocking. It was great in 2013. It was not in 2014.

Edit: Cole Cubelic just tweeted this re: Golson:

Has a chance. Gives them much more physical presence in the middle of O-line.

@colecubelic

So I guess the question is, does he have what it takes upstairs to make the reads, work with his guards and his quarterback, etc? This is my #1 question going into the season.

Thanks man! I've seen someone comment, i think gus, that he is more athletic than reese was. I think we'll have one of the better o-lines in the country and having marcus davis returning punts will be interesting..I think Matthews will be that hard hitting cover man I've longed for for the team,thought it was going to be moncrief last year..

In all honesty there's only a few positions I'm not really excited about. Those being WR and HB.

Excited to see:

Jeremy Johnson's progress and leadership

RB position play out

Oline progress

J. Jones and Holsey at CB

Matthews and Ford at safety

Frost, Chicfila and Williams

Lawson,Cowart,Adams,Russell

There's huge potential all over the place. Can't wait to see if it's fulfilled.

Cheerleader practice

51h3yrQeWqL.jpg

LOL!!! Golf would miss the entire Season of equipped with these...

I'm with ATL on not having any major injuries coming out of fall camp. I'm interested in how the Oline develops and gels together; pass blocking. Is Kozan back to playing at a high level; how much Coleman has improved.

Staying injury free. That is it. We will know nothing else until we start playing actual games. Practice reports are notoriously incorrect (especially the overly optimistic and overly pessimistic ones) in terms of projected performance.

wde

Practice video of Muschamp. So glad he is back on the Plains.

yeah a DC that will get in your face and not be in the pressbox...

Staying injury free. That is it. We will know nothing else until we start playing actual games. Practice reports are notoriously incorrect (especially the overly optimistic and overly pessimistic ones) in terms of projected performance.

wde

I disagree. Overly pessimistic reports is usually a sign that we're going to struggle in that area. We heard all last off-season about the lack of a pass rush and we all know how that turned out.

1. Huge talent on offense, but not much experience playing together. So fall practice has to get them all working in sync, the whole gel thing. Timing, routes, reads, execution.

2. Same with defense. There's talent there, but not a lot of experience at how to win in tough situations. It's not just about confidence, it is about trust and knowing your job in the system, and the whole "want it" mentality.

You can bet Louisville and every SEC that comes after will see Auburn as a "winnable" game, because Auburn was seriously crappy in its final games last season. Other teams will *believe* they can beat Auburn. Fall is time to instill the "we do not quit, we do not relent, we do not lose" mentality.

Archived