What are you most looking forward to heading into fall camp?

WFE12

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I myself among other things am really intrigued about which wr's step up to be along side duuuuuke. We have a lot of depth and I know ricardo will have a spot for sure though he still hasn't played to his full potential, i don't think. Melvin Ray has shown his big play ability in spurts and so has marcus davis as they are both sure handed wr's then you bring myron burton, jason smith, stanton truitt, and tony stevens into the mix...man. What say yee?

WR playtime also piques my interest. I think Marcus Davis will quietly put together a solid season. There are many possibilities. I am leaning towards seniority winning out at this position unless a guy like Burton comes on really hot early in the season. I want to see how they will use Jason Smith. I remember Malzahn saying a while back that he is too good of an athlete to keep off the field.

The other thing I am looking forward to most... The Muschamp effect.

1. Huge talent on offense, but not much experience playing together. So fall practice has to get them all working in sync, the whole gel thing. Timing, routes, reads, execution.

2. Same with defense. There's talent there, but not a lot of experience at how to win in tough situations. It's not just about confidence, it is about trust and knowing your job in the system, and the whole "want it" mentality.

You can bet Louisville and every SEC that comes after will see Auburn as a "winnable" game, because Auburn was seriously crappy in its final games last season. Other teams will *believe* they can beat Auburn. Fall is time to instill the "we do not quit, we do not relent, we do not lose" mentality.

Add no injuries to this and that pretty much says it all.....

I myself among other things am really intrigued about which wr's step up to be along side duuuuuke. We have a lot of depth and I know ricardo will have a spot for sure though he still hasn't played to his full potential, i don't think. Melvin Ray has shown his big play ability in spurts and so has marcus davis as they are both sure handed wr's then you bring myron burton, jason smith, stanton truitt, and tony stevens into the mix...man. What say yee?

WR playtime also piques my interest. I think Marcus Davis will quietly put together a solid season. There are many possibilities. I am leaning towards seniority winning out at this position unless a guy like Burton comes on really hot early in the season. I want to see how they will use Jason Smith. I remember Malzahn saying a while back that he is too good of an athlete to keep off the field.

The other thing I am looking forward to most... The Muschamp effect.

yep yep if anyone of the new guys i think it'll be burton too, really showed out at the a-day game, Hopefully Muschamp doesn't have to make that famous angry face of his too much

Practice video of Muschamp. So glad he is back on the Plains.

yeah a DC that will get in your face and not be in the pressbox...

^^^^^^ BINGO!!! That always bugged the crap out of me. In Gus's defense on choosing a DC, I reaize that Johnson was the best abailable at the time and Gus had very little time to put his staff together. But to put it in miliatry terms, the CO should be on the battlefield with this troops and not observing from afar throught a telescope. I am really looking forward to this season with Muschamp in charge. WDE!!!

No one being arrested and everyone focused on football.If this happens everything else will be fine.

Paying close attention to the secondary. Very interested to see how the transfers, second-year players and incoming freshmen meld together, rank and file as they learn the schemes.

1. Huge talent on offense, but not much experience playing together. So fall practice has to get them all working in sync, the whole gel thing. Timing, routes, reads, execution.

Pretty sure there are 6 or 7 OL that have played together the past year maybe even two. Young, Smith, Coleman, Kozan, Dampeer, Diamond, Danzey have experience together. Not sure why so much doubt about the OL. I think it is the deepest group, outside of maybe WR on the team.

Pretty sure there are 6 or 7 OL that have played together the past year maybe even two. Young, Smith, Coleman, Kozan, Dampeer, Diamond, Danzey have experience together. Not sure why so much doubt about the OL. I think it is the deepest group, outside of maybe WR on the team.

I don't doubt the Oline. Talent is not the issue regarding the OL...just the time it takes to gel with the new guys coming in. Will Kozan pick up where he left off...pointing out blitzes....blocking schemes that need to be changed at the line. Reese was like a coach on the field. Consistently playing together you learn the guy next you...his tendencies in certain situations. It may not take the OL long to do that...certainly hope so but it wouldn't be a surprise if it took 2 or 3 games really get rolling but i still expect us to put up good rushing yards in game one.

Exactly. I don't remember if Smith and Young ever started at RG and RT in the same game last year. Otherwise, not one of guys has played with the guy next to him before. Talent does not equal experience does not equal cohesion.

Exactly. I don't remember if Smith and Young ever started at RG and RT in the same game last year. Otherwise, not one of guys has played with the guy next to him before. Talent does not equal experience does not equal cohesion.

This. Practice time together does not equal years of game experience together. Also, comparing the Oline to WR is strange to me. Outside of Duke, I'm not sure we have a whole lot of proven talent. Guys who've had a clutch catch here or there? Sure. But that doesn't make our WR group deep with talent by any means.

inbeforeBurtonhadagreatAday

I'm anxious to see how the secondary looks, but we really won't know that in practice. We'll have to wait until game action to see how its developed. While we may still have some depth issues in the secondary, I think what we have back there will be pretty good. With Countess coming in and Tray Matthews ready to go this year, I think its a good group when you factor in Jones back there. I guess the biggest question mark is consistent depth. We can't expect those players to play every snap. We need to be able to rotate players in back there so that our starters are fresh in the 4th quarter.

I know I'm ready to get this season started, that's for sure.

I want to see the team exit fall camp with no serious injuries and a Defense with fire in it's belly. IMO a respectable defense will translate to more wins. Heck, if we would have had a decent defense last season, we would have easily beat TAMU and Whisky and been 10-3 having played a difficult schedule.

I would really like to see Ford develop into the All SEC safety. He has the potential to be the best we've had in over a decade.

I also wonder where peyton barber fits into the equation...

I hope he gets a realistic shot to show what he can do.

idk how they're gonna go by doing that, didn't like how grant barely played last year...can't be that way with roc...needs to really be 1A and 1B, and barber needs more pt than roc had last year :gofig:

Roc was a true FR last year and played like one. And I was Corey Grant's biggest cheerleader going into the season, but he just didn't show the lateral movement or vision needed to make the cutbacks in our zone blocking scheme. I don't really see any comparison between Barber's situation this year and those two. He's just a talented guy with a little bit of experience competing with some other talented guys with a little bit of experience. May the best man win. And, as has been pointed out often before, don't hold your breath for a committee approach past September. There's a first for everything, but Gus hasn't done it yet. And I'm totally okay with that.

idk how they're gonna go by doing that, didn't like how grant barely played last year...can't be that way with roc...needs to really be 1A and 1B, and barber needs more pt than roc had last year :gofig:

I love Grant but i get why he didn't play as much last year. All the speed in the world but not good vision IMO.

Personally i think Roc will be #1. He's very explosive and can break one for a TD at any time. My questions with Roc are: 1. Can he stay healthy. He got banged up from time to time last season. 2. Taking care of the football. Spin move is nice but with him constantly going to that move..scares the crap out of me. Spinning into big hits that lead to serious injury and/or fumbles. 3. Picking up blocking schemes.

Roc does have a small advantage over Javon in that he's knows the system better but i have confidence that either guy will put up big numbers. I'd just like to see Peyton get his share of carries as well.

Roc was a true FR last year and played like one. And I was Corey Grant's biggest cheerleader going into the season, but he just didn't show the lateral movement or vision needed to make the cutbacks in our zone blocking scheme. I don't really see any comparison between Barber's situation this year and those two. He's just a talented guy with a little bit of experience competing with some other talented guys with a little bit of experience. May the best man win. And, as has been pointed out often before, don't hold your breath for a committee approach past September. There's a first for everything, but Gus hasn't done it yet. And I'm totally okay with that.

Responded before i saw this. But that was my biggest thing about Corey....his lack of vision. It was pretty evident b/c there were several times where if he would've cut back or took a different hole he'd have be well into the secondary. I agree that i don't think it will be RB by committee as well. I do think that whoever is the backup...they'll get more carries than Corey did as the backup last year.

I love Grant but i get why he didn't play as much last year. All the speed in the world but not good vision IMO.

Personally i think Roc will be #1. He's very explosive and can break one for a TD at any time. My questions with Roc are: 1. Can he stay healthy. He got banged up from time to time last season. 2. Taking care of the football. Spin move is nice but with him constantly going to that move..scares the crap out of me. Spinning into big hits that lead to serious injury and/or fumbles. 3. Picking up blocking schemes.

Roc does have a small advantage over Javon in that he's knows the system better but i have confidence that either guy will put up big numbers. I'd just like to see Peyton get his share of carries as well.

yep i believe if we weren't doing the 1a 1b thing he would be on the heisman watch, the roc from his highlight tapes will show up this season

Archived