Navy on Navy Unis

Weegle777

Awesome looking in the all navy. Auburn isn't as tradition heavy in the uniform department as most of you think.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gimmicky at all, it's the same style of uni we have now it just has navy pants and helmet. There is a point where you can maintain tradition and still modernize. I've always felt this was a great compromise for the two sides to meet and create a great alternate uniform. We just spend $14M to attract "KIDS" to come to auburn but we are unwilling to make slight modifications to our uniform to enhance that? Really? These players don't have the same grasp of tradition that us alumni have, they dont understand why we don't have cool new looks like everyone else.

These uni threads are a pox on our community and must be stomped out in our lifetime, before they kill somebody. :jossun:

I could have posted these: ;D

1932.jpeg

1946.jpeg

Could you do the 1913 uni design? I do like the all Navy look and the Navy/Navy/White...but I do think all navy with Orange Face Masks would look cool also...

Not gimmicky at all, it's the same style of uni we have now it just has navy pants and helmet. There is a point where you can maintain tradition and still modernize. I've always felt this was a great compromise for the two sides to meet and create a great alternate uniform. We just spend $14M to attract "KIDS" to come to auburn but we are unwilling to make slight modifications to our uniform to enhance that? Really? These players don't have the same grasp of tradition that us alumni have, they dont understand why we don't have cool new looks like everyone else.

+1 (Man, I have been wanting to make that post or "This" for so long.....)

What we have now are classy uniforms. These not so much.

It's the same uniform, no difference except color. And the color is a curent standard color. And a solid color. If its not classy then neither is what we wear in white. It's the same!

What makes them classless?

The low cut tops and tight bottoms.

I really like the throwbacks. The all navy, not so much. I think the blue helmets look awkward. Also, it's hot in Alabama until about mid-September. You know if we try these out (theoretically), they are going on during the J State game, and our boys are going to sweat to death.

The all navy is actually less flashy than our road whites (which are the most badass unis in college football).

It won't be "all navy" unless the towel is navy too. lol

What makes them classless?

The appearance.

Well that was elaborate

Glad you mentioned LSU, almost forgot, they are another school that is not a Johnny come lately program that varies their uni's once in a while. I remember some games that they wore a white helmet that looked really good. Better to me than that hideous yellow thing they call gold?

Glad you mentioned LSU, almost forgot, they are another school that is not a Johnny come lately program that varies their uni's once in a while. I remember some games that they wore a white helmet that looked really good. Better to me than that hideous yellow thing they call gold😊

Agreed. I thought their alternates looked great.

Chrome helmet with Orange chrome AU on the sides and all navy pants and jersey. I wished we'd wear something like that for the LSU game and since we have a bad record in Baton Rouge as of late anyway, the uniform jinx won't apply.

Chrome helmet with Orange chrome AU on the sides and all navy pants and jersey. I wished we'd wear something like that for the LSU game and since we have a bad record in Baton Rouge as of late anyway, the uniform jinx won't apply.

That chrome helmet did look really good. That's something I could get behind.

Archived