Navy on Navy Unis

Weegle777

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible. We aren't an Oregon, Mississippi State, Louisville or some other mid-level school who has to use a gimmick to elevate our program.

Horrible. We aren't an Oregon, Mississippi State, Louisville or some other mid-level school who has to use a gimmick to elevate our program.

+1

God, you guys kill me sometimes. A different color helmet, or pants is not a gimmick! I think the all blue is awesome. UGA has worn variations of their colors many times. Don't tell me they are a Johnny come lately program that needs a gimmick. No one is more respectful of our traditions than I am, but jeez whiz, it wouldn't be the first time in our glorious history we wore a different uniform. I'm pretty sure we even wore the hated orange jerseys back in the early 1900's.

The all navy is actually less flashy than our road whites (which are the most badass unis in college football).

I'm as conservative as anyone and love our current unis. The blue-on-blue-on-blue looks pretty cool I think and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see us branch out like that a little bit. Nothing like the gosh-awful Oregon or Boise St. or that UGA abortion from the game they had against Boise St. a few years ago though, please.

I'm not against the all blue because I'm a traditionalist or because it's flashy. I just don't think it looks very good.

I think a lot of y'all just have a picture in your head of a neon flashing sign when you picture Oregon's uniforms, but many of them really are quite pleasing to the eye. They're absolutely nothing like the UGA uniforms of a few years back.

Do the BLUE helmets come equipped with ORANGE FACEMASKS???? (Sorry. It had to be done)... >:D

When I first read the title of this post I was thinking "Why would we care what they wear in Annapolis?"

I like the blue helmets most if all. When I referenced Georgia, I did think about some of their variations were hideous. If I remember correctly the silver britches were a variation several years back that everyone liked so well they stuck, and became a new tradition for them. I seem to also remember Alabama wearing white helmets some in years past. I think the players would enjoy an all blue game once in a while. I know I would.

Not too big of a fan of the monochrome for any school. The navy/navy/white looked pretty awesome though! Still want to see an orange jersey at some point.

No gimmick. The all navy scheme looks good!!!

I would not even pull them out for just big games. I would like to see these against the teams that sometimes wear all white schemes like Texas A&M.

Archived